Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Khalus View Post
    Uhhhhh... NO!

Why bother with memorializing someone that took their own life, regardless of how funny he was. Besides it should be Nintendo to do something since he named his daughter Zelda.
    Because he was a great and talented man that many people adored? Because he struggled with the same demons that many people do? Because he was likeable? Because he is a cultural icon?

15+ Year Old Account
    It'd be cool if Blizzard did something, but that petition is going to accomplish nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Thetruth1400 View Post
    Overall though, no, I don't think trying to force Blizzard to do it with a petition is a good thing. Sure, he played the game, but who knows how long or if he was still involved at all. Remember him in your hearts, but don't force Blizzard to do something for you to remember him by.
    It'd be cool if Blizzard did something, but that petition is going to accomplish nothing.
    Since when is a petition forcing anything on anyone. A petition is merely a way to express in concrete numbers how many people support this idea. Some random guy on the forums yelling "A lot of people want this" isn't really a good way to let blizzard know of what the community wants. By it's mere existence, it already accomplishes it's purpose.

But seriously, why should he be in WoW? Just because he played it? Lots of players die daily who will never be an NPC (nor should they), why would a mere player as Robin be different?
    Because he was a player AND provided a lot of entertainment, laughs, happiness to players. That's like saying we shouldn't celebrate anything ever because we don't celebrate random guy #5234 for having done absolutely nothing. Now, I can understand trying to make the distinction that his entertainment was completely separate from his WoW career, but the players aren't trying to create an NPC so that people can uniquely remember he played WoW. They are petitioning so that his entertainment fanbase within WoW can remember his comedy as well.

I love the people saying no, like WoW doesn't put in whatever pop culture reference the devs feel like putting in. Chasing Amy is a reference in wow; I know Kevin Smith is neck beard nerdgaism material, but completely unrelated to WoW. I don't see how Robin being in the game hurts the game or anyone else. The Devs are all at the right age for Williams to had some sort of impact on them due to his stardom. I think the only thing a petition does is show that players approve the idea more than anything. The Devs will do what they want, the petition doesn't really mean a lot to them, except that a decent showing of people would like to see it.

Could even hide it in a Monty Python reference that way its still "cool" and "relate-able" to WoW. The grave of Brave Sir Robin. "That Robin Williams petition was stupid. Did you see that Hilarious Monty Python reference, soooo cool." Nerds still think Monty Python is super amazing and hip right?

It actually just needs around 1.3k ppl and it will be in game ;o Sign up guys!

Quote Originally Posted by Teddybearavenger View Post
    It actually just needs around 1.3k ppl and it will be in game ;o Sign up guys!
    No need for that. They're doing it.

Goku and Nappa have nothing to do with WoW, and they're in beta... (and Goku has 9001 health, lol)
    To the people that said "no he haz nuthin do w/ wow" I smdh to you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Khalus View Post
    Uhhhhh... NO!

Why bother with memorializing someone that took their own life, regardless of how funny he was. Besides it should be Nintendo that should do something considering his daughters' name is Zelda.
    Because the guy was fucking epic.

Me, you or anyone on this forum do not know the circumstances of his death or later part of life. Its not fair to judge a man like that.

I'l sign it. Its not needed but it would be nice

Childrens week needs to be revamped and hosted by Mrs. Doubtfire as the childrens Matron.

Plus a memorial in WoD. Because why the hell not could put one of the treasure you loot next to it.

Deleted
    On the one hand, if someone like Paris Hilton can get into WoW, then Robin Williams certainly should.

On the other hand, this would just be a mockery of his death. Williams is too big for being some WoW NPC. I wouldn't mind a reference to some of his work, though. Perhaps subtly mentioned in a quest.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Childrens week needs to be revamped and hosted by Mrs. Doubtfire as the childrens Matron.

Plus a memorial in WoD. Because why the hell not could put one of the treasure you loot next to it.
    I'll slightly alter what I said previously; this is a fantastic idea. It'd be his character, not him, and therefore not tacky or anything.

Hail Mrs. Doubtfire!

Quote Originally Posted by Mojo Risin View Post
    On the other hand, this would just be a mockery of his death.
    Does not compute.

Mrs. Doubtfrostfire anyone?
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    wE doN't kNoW wHaT pLaYeRs WaNt FoR cHarAcTeR CrEaTiOn MoDeLs

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Seem something befitting given that he was a WoW player and he was also a avid supporter of our troops as well, maybe make him a guardian of some shrine or post or something that ties the two together somehow. I was sad to hear of his passing, I had a cousin that was dealing with his own demons, take his own life last week. Drugs, alcohol, and depression are never a good combination to have to overcome. Mr. Williams had to fight all of them at certain times in his life, I am sure some of that was starting to creep back in since he sought to go to rehab back in July even though he had not drank and drop. My cousin has all three of these thing happening at the same time. Two bouts of rehab in the last 6 months and counseling were not enough to keep from checking out and leaving 4 young children and wife behind. God Speed to Mr. Williams, may he finally find peace wherever he may end up in the here after. He will be missed, that is for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Mojo Risin View Post
    On the one hand, if someone like Paris Hilton can get into WoW, then Robin Williams certainly should.

On the other hand, this would just be a mockery of his death. Williams is too big for being some WoW NPC. I wouldn't mind a reference to some of his work, though. Perhaps subtly mentioned in a quest.

- - - Updated - - -

I'll slightly alter what I said previously; this is a fantastic idea. It'd be his character, not him, and therefore not tacky or anything.

Hail Mrs. Doubtfire!
    Thats why he should get a memorial in WoD. Not like there isn't random space with all the nooks and cranys made for "treasure"

10+ Year Old Account
    Bad idea.

Robin Williams killed himself. There's no way any sort of tribute or homage to him in WoW would be anything but a downer. If Paris Hilton killed herself, Haris Pilton would be removed from the game or renamed for the same reason.

Deleted
    Here's a thread from the official forums.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/13779438099

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellorion View Post
    Mrs. Doubtfrostfire anyone?
    WoD endboss confirmed

lol some of these comments are so stupid, you do realize that pop culture references and npcs named after real people are all over the game right?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammerfest View Post
    Bad idea.

Robin Williams killed himself. There's no way any sort of tribute or homage to him in WoW would be anything but a downer. If Paris Hilton killed herself, Haris Pilton would be removed from the game or renamed for the same reason.
    He was a WoW player and that he killed himself only makes it more tragic. He suffered from depression and was an alcoholic. Quite frankly I have never seen the community request something like this and if a famous WoW player leaves us like this I really don't see any reason why they shouldn't do it.

Deleted
    He was a nutter, but such a nice nutter

Make him a mad Goblin and i'm sold on the idea