Deleted

Percing Corruption as a medium geared warrior

What do you do? How do you survive 2x 600k unmitigated damage as a warrior with 700k hp?
    Last edited by mmoc161019c902; 2014-08-11 at 09:04 PM.

You have to hope and pray that you will dodge/parry/block them. Unfortunately you can't soak Piercing Corruption through absorb's, but you can reduce it's damage with damage reduction abilities.

They hit like a truck on ANY tank. I'm a 576 BM monk and have been crushed still on heroic.

Here is a quick strat for warrior's from Elerius on wowhead.

"As a warrior tank, apparently the winning strategy is to:
    Move out of Titanic Smash, obviously.
    Interrupt Hurl Corruption, obviously.
    Spell Reflect for Burst of Corruption.
    Mass Spell Reflect for Piercing Corruption, since it has a shorter cast time and mass spell reflect activates instantly.

I was having issues with the Burst and Piercing Corruption damage that appeared to be unavoidable. I've been informed that they can be reflected, which should make this pretty trivial. This information is second hand, I haven't had a chance to personally verify it yet.

Edit: Yes, this is the problem with going off second hand information, it's sometimes wrong.

As Kabuto notes, the only reflectable spell is the Hurl, which can also be interrupted.

Titanic Smash: avoid.
    Hurl of Corruption: reflect or interrupt.
    Burst: shield barrier.
    Piercing: shield block."
    Last edited by HitPoint; 2014-08-11 at 09:33 PM.
    Every thread is like entering an LFR with 5 stacks of determination. -Compstance

Deleted
    I just dont understand why its so damn overtuned for tanks and so insanely easy for dps/healers
    Last edited by mmoc161019c902; 2014-08-11 at 09:33 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zabusasan View Post
    I jsut dont understand why tis so damn overtuned for tanks and so insanely easy for dps/healers
    I've been tanking heroic on my monk since 555 and I've never had an issue even without cloak. Infact I usually stand in everything with Brew/guard up and take virtually no damage then pop Xuen for damage.

Try this: pool rage for 9 seconds of block along with the above noted attempts at reflecting. Moreover just wall it with stand. You shouldn't need them up top with competent healers, and if that seems to be causing you grief call for a Sac before going down
    Hydrogen the Undying
    Ry, Hellscream's Downfall
    Economics, Champion of Ulduar
    Dissonance - We raid mornings and stuff. Dissonanceguild.com (US 186, US #3 morning guild)
    Twitter: Ry_walk. Economics Major

Hitting Shield Block really should be enough, as it basically takes it from a 600k hit to a 400k hit (plus it's physical, so it should be mitigated by armor, not to mention Defensive Stance on top of that. That 600k isn't as big as you think it is.) If that for some reason isn't enough for you, you can always pop Demo Shout on top of it, but I really can't see how Shield Block wouldn't be enough, unless you just aren't moving out of the frontal cone/not interrupting or reflecting the spell.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felroar View Post
    Hitting Shield Block really should be enough, as it basically takes it from a 600k hit to a 400k hit (plus it's physical, so it should be mitigated by armor, not to mention Defensive Stance on top of that. That 600k isn't as big as you think it is.) If that for some reason isn't enough for you, you can always pop Demo Shout on top of it, but I really can't see how Shield Block wouldn't be enough, unless you just aren't moving out of the frontal cone/not interrupting or reflecting the spell.
    This is what I'm thinking. As above noted, with 60% stagger without brew I don't recall ever taking that much damage that I'd die without purify, besides cooldowns galore exist
    Hydrogen the Undying
    Dissonance - We raid mornings and stuff. Dissonanceguild.com (US 186, US #3 morning guild)

Deleted
    What? Just save last stand+enraged regen, piece of cake

10+ Year Old Account
    IDK my warrior was 572 and IDK what I was doing tanking that add and it didn't do dick towards actually killing me. Does it really hit that hard?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Felroar View Post
    I know i can say this and people wont believe it but just for the sake of argument here is what i did:
    Titanic Smash - Move.
    Hurl Corruption - Interrupt
    Burst of Corruption - I shield barrier'd this with 60 rage. That gives me a shield for around 120k of the 300k it does
    Piercing Corruption - i seriously shield blocked it every time and i swear it was still doing 3-400k out of the 600k it does to start with

I should have thought about spell reflecting at least burst of corruption but i havent tanked on my warrior in a long time.

"and I've never had an issue even without cloak. Infact I usually stand in everything with Brew/guard up and take virtually no damage then pop Xuen for damage."
    Right after siege came out and we where progressing on this i was also tanking on my monk and also never had issues surviving on the monk.

The monk has a lot of self heal compared to warrior though. I dunno. It felt very different.

We managed to down him sending the dk in instead and then one of our three healers as number two. The dk wasnt very good and didnt interrupt properly in there, he just popped cd's and healed himself though so lol at that.

And hey i got two gear pieces from 4 bosses

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Darkfriend View Post
    IDK my warrior was 572 and IDK what I was doing tanking that add and it didn't do dick towards actually killing me. Does it really hit that hard?
    572 is massively overgearing it. You cant really compare

Zabusa, you don't waste spell reflect on Burst, you use it for Hurl. On Burst all you need is a decent rage Sbar and you'll be fine. As for the Piercing thing, seems like blocking is working just fine since it reduces damage of a normal hit by 30%. I probably wouldn't bother with Sblock at all unless I'm about to rage cap even after the Burst's Sbar, just use another Sbar.

Deleted
    doesnt having active mitigation up completely neutralize piercing corruption? Oo

thats what i always thought and it always worked out that way

Deleted
    just shield block it, it really isn't as dangerous as you think it might be. One of the times I did the test I messed up the smash and it dropped me to 230k-ish health, was still more than enough to live through another cycle of spells with active mit and a few CD's

10+ Year Old Account
    I know i can say this and people wont believe it but just for the sake of argument here is what i did:
    Titanic Smash - Move.
    Hurl Corruption - Interrupt
    Burst of Corruption - I shield barrier'd this with 60 rage. That gives me a shield for around 120k of the 300k it does
    Piercing Corruption - i seriously shield blocked it every time and i swear it was still doing 3-400k out of the 600k it does to start with

I should have thought about spell reflecting at least burst of corruption but i havent tanked on my warrior in a long time.

"and I've never had an issue even without cloak. Infact I usually stand in everything with Brew/guard up and take virtually no damage then pop Xuen for damage."
    Right after siege came out and we where progressing on this i was also tanking on my monk and also never had issues surviving on the monk.

The monk has a lot of self heal compared to warrior though. I dunno. It felt very different.

We managed to down him sending the dk in instead and then one of our three healers as number two. The dk wasnt very good and didnt interrupt properly in there, he just popped cd's and healed himself though so lol at that.

And hey i got two gear pieces from 4 bosses

- - - Updated - - -

572 is massively overgearing it. You cant really compare
    I'm still confused. Warriors are the strongest tank defensively this tier and offensively. Why not just pop cool downs or pop block? The issue isn't "monks have self heals" man. As noted you have enraged regen, wall, cry, banner, shout
    Hydrogen the Undying

Maybe when you're running around dodging him you accidentally turned your back to him without realizing so you couldn't block?

I still suggest my previous advice: if Shield Block really isn't enough for some reason, just pop Demo Shout. If a combination of Shield Block + a cooldown is somehow still not enough, then I can only assume you have some other problem (gear, maybe?).