Need some good advice. Golden lotus and herb handling to get the most out of it.

I have been selling raw golden lotuses and milling the herbs I get from my 15 farms for a long time now, but the lotuses have begun going down in price while flasks remain around 28-31 gold.

I have an Elixir Master Alchemist, but I'm not sure if I'll be cutting into my profits considering how much pigments I get each week that I turn into inks and inscriptions.

Right now a flask is 28g, a raw golden lotus is 24 and the herbs used for each flask are about 1.65g per. Should I start making flasks and hope for procs or would it be more profitable to keep doing what I've been doing so far? I reside on the Draenor server EU.

If your server is still active save your farm herbs until tuesday and then sell flasks imo, stuff sells best right after the reset.

15+ Year Old Account
    That'd be wednesday for the EU.

Interested in switching to potions?

I have all my toons on my account at max tillers rep and farm every day so I get stacks upon stacks of Golden Lotus. I, like you, were selling them raw on the AH and last week they "crashed" on my server. I was getting 25-28g per lotus when suddenly they were dropping down to 20.

I quickly leveled my Alchemist and starting making Potions of Luck. They go for a minimum of 28-30g a piece on my server AND I get procs from Potion Master. They sell out very quickly as well.

I find it is just better to sell lotus, or transmute and then cut orange gems, red if you have lots of lotus.

I am Shaman - Play Free Online Games
    FML... Shamans suck.

I transmute and cut oranges. I can make 25-30g profit over the cost of a lotus and uncommon orange gem, vs 1-2g profit from flasks. With elixir mastery the only money to be made is from procs, transmuting the procs are just bonus gold.

Yeah you are lucky. My realm, flasks are cheaper than lotus. Only profit atm is transmuting.

I am Shaman - Play Free Online Games
    FML... Shamans suck.

10+ Year Old Account
    Did he just say.....15 farms?

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    I guess he meant 16 slots, but there'd be nothing wrong with 15 farms either (although that would be two accounts if we are talking about the same realm). It's faster than farming herbs in that you get more herbs in the same time, plus you can choose between herbs / ore / leather, etc. It's pretty handy. Of course, you first have to have that many level 86+ (or is it 85?) chars.

10+ Year Old Account
    You may want to think about saving some Golden Lotus and herbs to get a head start on levelling alchemy when WoD hits as the flask recipes are still orange and will give you some free skillups.
    I don't know the recipe for success, but I know that the recipe for failure is trying to please everyone.

Forum stupidity at its finest:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    Just because a word is in the dictionary doesn't mean it's true IRL.
    Allatar - EU Aszune | Allatar - D3 Career

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    Yep, 15 farms. Takes me about 1 hour to finish them all each day.

As for the topic at hand, I've begun making potions of luck (thanks for the advice!) and they are selling like hot cakes! I will do this for a while and then when we have about 1 month left until WoD hits I'mma let my toons farm for profession leveling.