Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    New Tales game out today:

Quote Originally Posted by Cakka View Post
    New Tales game out today:
    ^ Nov 11, 2014 8:02 a.m. Toronto (west/ouest), ON On vehicle for delivery

Hopefully it arrives soon because I can't wait to play it. I still have to finish Xillia 2 though but winter holidays are coming and it's the perfect time to finish that and a few other tales games I have.
    Last edited by Aruhen; 2014-11-11 at 06:40 PM.

I pre-ordered the game a couple of weeks ago and should be receiving it from UPS as late as tomorrow. This is my first Tales game, so I'm super excited to finally delve into the series! Maybe someday I'll pick up Tales of Xilia 1 and 2 as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    By Lieutenant Colonel Whiskers McBallofur Maximilliamus the Third
    Quote Originally Posted by Drofdel View Post
    I pre-ordered the game a couple of weeks ago and should be receiving it from UPS as late as tomorrow. This is my first Tales game, so I'm super excited to finally delve into the series! Maybe someday I'll pick up Tales of Xilia 1 and 2 as well.
    2 is great 1 is kinda okay
    “Snow can only live in the winter. When it nears a fire, it dies. That is its life. It may yearn for summer, but… it can only desire it. In my hand, the snow becomes water, because this is not its world….”
    “The boundless Heavens and Earth are the final resting place of all living things. Life is like a journey, filled with various scenery, various paths.

I'd recommend Tales of Grace F if you own a PS3. Not a popular game in the series but one of my favorites.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aruhen View Post
    I'd recommend Tales of Grace F if you own a PS3. Not a popular game in the series but one of my favorites.
    Sophie was great XD
    “Snow can only live in the winter. When it nears a fire, it dies. That is its life. It may yearn for summer, but… it can only desire it. In my hand, the snow becomes water, because this is not its world….”
    “The boundless Heavens and Earth are the final resting place of all living things. Life is like a journey, filled with various scenery, various paths.

It's a real crime this series isn't even nearly as well known as FF is in the west, though it has definitely been gaining popularity lately. I personally think Tales series actually has at least in the last 10 years produced much better games than FF has. Starting with Tales of Symphonia in 2004 which definitely belongs to the JRPG hall of fame. After that we've got Abyss, Vesperia, Xillia 1+2 and Graces (plus couple others) which are all top notch games.

Can't wait for Zestiria later this year.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's a real crime this series isn't even nearly as well known as FF is in the west, though it has definitely been gaining popularity lately. I personally think Tales series actually has at least in the last 10 years produced much better games than FF has. Starting with Tales of Symphonia in 2004 which definitely belongs to the JRPG hall of fame. After that we've got Abyss, Vesperia, Xillia 1+2 and Graces (plus couple others) which are all top notch games.

[video=youtube;Xv4aIbXzDh0]-snip-
    Yuri Lowell is by far my favorite tales character XD

Quote Originally Posted by Hellravager View Post
    Yuri Lowell is by far my favorite tales character XD
    I haven't actually played Vesperia since it was xbox exclusive in the west and I don't own one. Also the xbox version is missing a lot of stuff from the PS3 Vesperia only released in Japan from what I've read. Hopefully the PS3 version will be released here too one day, but I guess that won't happen anytime soon and most likely not on PS3.

10+ Year Old Account
    I haven't actually played Vesperia since it was xbox exclusive in the west and I don't own one. Also the xbox version is missing a lot of stuff from the PS3 Vesperia only released in Japan from what I've read. Hopefully the PS3 version will be released here too one day, but I guess that won't happen anytime soon and most likely not on PS3.
    I didnt notice anything missing story was great combat was good and outfits were all there

I didnt notice anything missing story was great combat was good and outfits were all there
    Apparently the Japanese PS3 version has more of almost everything. New characters, events, areas, skills, etc.

I have to ask, I finally picked up Tales of Xillia 2, and I'm ashamed to say I keep falling asleep almost while playing it...all my friends say "Well yeah the beginning kinda sucks but it gets great!"

So uh...how far in does that take, hour wise about? For reference, I just defeated the "Volt" at the research center you fight Volt at in the first one, and now I'm heading to the next area to find out more about where Ludger's brother is.

Combat looks good but what is with that horrible run animation? Also I hope you can zoom out during combat because that looks way too close for my comfort.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

I was in the boat as you and I couldn't find myself to enjoy Xillia 2 much for some reason but it does pick up soon. I honestly don't care much for the story but the character chapters are really nice.

Speaking of Vesperia though... I gotta finish that. I picked up a used 360 during summer just to play that but got side tracked. Probably my third fav Tales game with Grace F being top followed by Hearts R. I would def try to find a cheap used basic 360 unit to play it as it is 100% worth it. Maybe even rent/borrow one.

Ugh Zestiria... on one hand I'm excited for it but isn't it supposed to be about castles, dragons and such things? One thing I loved in the newer Tales games was that they had scifi elements to them, especially Grace F. It does look pretty though which I found Xillia lacked with the exception of a few towns.
    Last edited by Aruhen; 2015-01-02 at 06:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aruhen View Post
    Ugh Zestiria... on one hand I'm excited for it but isn't it supposed to be about castles, dragons and such things? One thing I loved in the newer Tales games was that they had scifi elements to them, especially Grace F. It does look pretty though which I found Xillia lacked with the exception of a few towns.
    I've tried not to spoil myself too much, but scifi and steampunk are pretty common elements in Tales games so I wouldn't worry too much yet. Anyway it comes out in 3 weeks in Japan so we will know a lot more after that.

Are all the games available for PlayStation consoles are so sickeningly anime-looking?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    Are all the games available for PlayStation consoles are so sickeningly anime-looking?
    Not sure i understand your issue, care to explain further?

Not sure i understand your issue, care to explain further?
    The issue is they're looking at Japanese games and somehow thinking that's all PS games.

Must be hard to look at other consoles from the Xbox's point of view, since it's all but abandoned in Japan.