Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Shisui-kun View Post
    Melee has always be strong in the first 2 seasons.. casters dominate mostly in the last seasons due to scaling.
    I used to think it was the other way around, casters have always been strong earlier as they scale better with abilities then melee classes do, and late expansion melee hits like trucks considering they scale with weapon damage. Wich in the end means the higher item level your weapon has the harder you will hit.
    If they could find a way to even it out so all classes was at "equal" strength I would be impressed. People seem to talk about this topic every new expansion like its the easiest thing in the world to fix. Sadly its probably the hardest thing to get fixed correctly.
    They fix one thing, it makes another class become strong. See the pattern I am talking about?
    This doesnt just count for WoW specifically either. In games like League of Legends this is also the case, they nerf 1 champion another champion becomes broken since the game needed that specific pre-nerf champion in order to keep the new OP at bay.

Believe me guys if it was just for blizzard to push one button to even everything out they would, it would save them so much time and they could spend their recourses elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Gawdlock View Post
    I used to think it was the other way around, casters have always been strong earlier as they scale better with abilities then melee classes do, and late expansion melee hits like trucks considering they scale with weapon damage. Wich in the end means the higher item level your weapon has the harder you will hit.
    Casters scale better with secondaries then melee. Melee is at it's strongest point after obtaining their conquest weapon. After they have gotten their weapon, their damage doesn't go up by alot compared to casters. Hence why in the later seasons when secondaries get higher, melee starts to fall behind. Melee, excluding rogue because they always scaled decently, have a really strong start at the beginning of expansions and after casters manage to get a good chunk of secondaries, which is usually in the third or fourth season, they simply have an easier time mechanic and damage wise. Shatterplay was just counter combing all the KFC's at the start of MoP because they were the only ones being able to counter their damage with their huge amount of tools.

Even with melee's secondary scaling aside, they are still pretty decent at the end of an expansion, but they are usually OP at the beginning of one. Hence you always hear people saying "x melee has been nerfed again". Unless we have regular balancing patches balance will never be achieved, but we could atleast have everything viable to a certain extend.

Quote Originally Posted by Bojax View Post
    Casting on the move was only introduced in Cataclysm if memory serves, so I don't think it's going to be a problem for anyone who was around before then. Never liked the change to allow casting while moving, took away the whole interaction between a melee & ranged class in pvp. Of course, it's only going to work if melee loses some gap-closers as well.
    The only reason not having cast-on-the-move before was ok was because spells hit like trucks. For example, elemental shamans didn't need casting on the move in WotLK because Lava Burst would take off like 70% of a person's health.