Page 1 of 11
... LastLast
    Deleted

Post-apocalyptic world - how would you get by?

If there was some apocalyptic-like event that people survived but society as we knew it didn't exist anymore, how would you get by? With no law enforcement, no health care, no schools etc.

Isn't that redneck american dream ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Selling my body to desperate post-apocalyptic housewives.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Deleted
    When the empire of Rome fell, it was every man for himself and then came the dark ages.

Well, I'm a girl so in this situation I believe we have a bit more advantage. We store more fat in our bodies for childbirth so we can survive longer without food. We are better at multitasking than men, and if worst comes to worst, we can sell our bodies for protection, as shitty as that sounds. I would totally just attach myself to the strongest, most capable male group I find without a fucking doubt.

I'd really have no other choice, and being raped by bandits sounds a lot worse than staying with one group who at least would take care of me. If it really was post-apocalyptic and a day to day struggle to survive, the last thing I would care about is my pride.

Deleted
    Gather as much supplies and tools as i can and move to get the fuck away from you bloodthirsty bastards, i remember the other thread, especially Erin T_T

Loot hospitals for the meds I need to not die.

Realise it's the fucking apocalypse and off myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Manakin View Post
    Gather as much supplies and tools as i can and move to get the fuck away from you bloodthirsty bastards, i remember the other thread, especially Erin T_T
    snip
    Boats, the most advanced technology of modern world. Can't be built so easily.

I would jump in the bunker where I have a years worth of food and water of course.

From my husband: "Baby, this is why we own firearms". Lol.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyboard Champion View Post
    Boats, the most advanced technology of modern world. Can't be built so easily.
    I'd take a high powered rifle and watch as people attempt to traverse the distance to my little island.

If you're friendly and bring gifts you stay, if i don't like the look of you, i sink your boat

Why the hell would I want to live in that world? I'd off myself before someone else did it for me

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Caligulove View Post
    What about those sneaky scuba divers at night.You cant hold a watch 24/7.
    If a scuba diver can travel that distance, find the island, walk to the house, sneak past the dog and cut my throat in my sleep he damn well deserves the island

10+ Year Old Account
    By killing people and taking their shit.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Caligulove View Post
    Well get in to relative,close distance to the island via boat.

I wouldnt rely on a dogs ability to hold a guard on a windy island.
    You`ll need some solar batteries to install amateurish electricity fence around the perimeter, that could work.
    The terrain itself would also be a disadvantage to the diver, he'd need to climb a cliff i'd imagine to get access to the main part of the island, so installing defenses like you said would be extremely beneficial...

Shit, i need to learn more about this, i was only taught how to survive in a shitty windy rainy forest...

Quote Originally Posted by Manakin View Post
    I'd take a high powered rifle and watch as people attempt to traverse the distance to my little island.

If you're friendly and bring gifts you stay, if i don't like the look of you, i sink your boat
    Also a good source of food so long as you can stomach eating long-pig.

Herald of the Titans Feral Camel's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I've always felt getting out of my city would be the biggest hurdle. Once out you could pretty much set up anywhere in Australia. It would be tough but workable. Only big concern would be drought, bush fires and floods. Preparation would help lessen that burden.

My detailed survival strategy (female):

1. Gather up any useful tools, equipment, canned food, and water that I can find. Will not carry a bag heavier than 6kg (cannot afford to waste energy)

2. Immediately head for an elevated area of land like a big hill or a mountain range that is still within 1 days walk of civilization

3. If I encounter any group of assailants, immediately attach myself to them and offer anything I can, including sexual reprisals, in order to be provided for

4. Learn whatever I can from my new group, and if we are ever overtaken by another stronger group, seduce the new group and become one of them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by atsawin26 View Post
    Also a good source of food so long as you can stomach eating long-pig.
    Fava beans anyone?

I really don't think i'd be able to eat human flesh, like, the island itself with proper cultivation could feed me; But i lack the training required...

Hey, everyone, recruiting 1 farmer, 1 ex military/ services/ security, 1 women, and one medic for a super secret island

- - - Updated - - -

I really feel for the women though, they have to either revert to sexual favors to survive in a cut-throat post apoc world, or be extremely skilled.

Or 100,000 miles away from the nearest group of rapists...