Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Halyon View Post
    No no, of course not. I mean alimony as well. A parent with no job and thus no income, should at least get something. From my own indirect experience with it, child-support on its own is rarely enough to actually cover the expenses for the child. And again, only arguing for temporary alimony until other arrangements can be made to provide an income.
    Ok, then it seems I did misread... SOMEONE here said it should be abolished, go argue with him. I'm on your side. Haha
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Velaniz View Post
    The alimony complaint is justified, and it goes hand in hand with the hypergamy thing. He has yet to substantiate what feminism has to do with those, however.
    And the problem he has is that it doesn't. That is another thing that cannot be laid at the door of feminism. As much as I dislike what the movement has become, you need to be fair, and this isn't the doing of feminism. The seeming lack of desire of feminism to tackle the issue (I've honestly never seen a feminist in mainstream media campaigning on this issue, I know that group isn't representatives of the entire movement) and some feminists (along with cunt men) make it a difficult issue to tackle ("OMG WHAT ABOUT RAEP!!! PATRIARCHY!" or "bro, man up yo") that doesn't make them responsible for causing it.

I did think the OP was somewhat lacking in taste. It did seem like he was using something tragic as a stick to bash a movement he doesn't like, holding it accountable for something that it isn't responsible for.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelannerai View Post

Remember, legally no one sane takes Tucker Carlson seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Ok, then it seems I did misread... SOMEONE here said it should be abolished, go argue with him. I'm on your side. Haha
    Oh, I'm not arguing with you, just clarified.

Whatever your opinions on the spectrum of whatever, please don't drag an innocent person into the argument. Especially when they just died.

Women pay alimony as well.
    Indeed they do! My mother in law pays child support and alimony to her ex husband.

Quote Originally Posted by tehealadin View Post
    And the problem he has is that it doesn't. That is another thing that cannot be laid at the door of feminism. As much as I dislike what the movement has become, you need to be fair, and this isn't the doing of feminism. The seeming lack of desire of feminism to tackle the issue (I've honestly never seen a feminist in mainstream media campaigning on this issue, I know that group isn't representatives of the entire movement) and some feminists (along with cunt men) make it a difficult issue to tackle ("OMG WHAT ABOUT RAEP!!! PATRIARCHY!" or "bro, man up yo") that doesn't make them responsible for causing it.

I did think the OP was somewhat lacking in taste. It did seem like he was using something tragic as a stick to bash a movement he doesn't like, holding it accountable for something that it isn't responsible for.
    Mostly agree, yeah.

These guys who also bash hypergamy come off as very bitter dudes. There's nothing wrong with wanting to better your own standing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flutterguy View Post
    In fact, I quite like it and I would consider it an abuse to inflict my child with a foreskin.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    You don't appear to understand how it works...they don't stick it on when the baby is born.

No no, of course not. I mean alimony as well. A parent with no job and thus no income, should at least get something. From my own indirect experience with it, child-support on its own is rarely enough to actually cover the expenses for the child. And again, only arguing for temporary alimony until other arrangements can be made to provide an income.
    On the issue of child support, what about splitting responsibilities 50/50? I know the situations vary from person to person, but I never got the idea that in the case of a breakup, the mother gets the kids, the father pays for them. If the father is fit to be a parent, it seems to me the most reasonable settlement is split custody, each parent pays their own way. I fail to see how being a mother means you cannot provide materially.

I don't like how fatherhood is reduced to providing material goods and little more.

And I get that, not all separations are like that. It could be the dad isn't fit to raise them, in which case child support is totally understandable. There does seem to be an inbuilt assumption that when parents go their own way, its her kids, and he has to pay, I'd like a more open minded approach to child support. I personally know guys who are kept from seeing their kids by vindictive ex's (they are in legal battles atm) but who still expect them to pay to support both of them. That is messed up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelannerai View Post

Remember, legally no one sane takes Tucker Carlson seriously.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    That's all well and said, but I'm not here to argue what sort of alimony is justified. I'm merely saying there is a reason for legislation to exist to regulate how and if alimony is justifiied. So basically, we're agreeiing. I do not agree with the notion that alimony should be abolished like some people argue. 7 figure wage examples or not, those are extreme examples and don't reflect 99% of the divorces in the western world.

Yeah, I would agree, but I am just trying to make it clear whether Robin Williams was or wasn't f'ing around on his wife, doesn't mean I think he should pay a Penis Tax, however, if one or the other has been unfaithful, I think that certainly bares some weight as to who should have to go to their check book a little deeper to pay for the divorce. As for Robin Williams, and these large ass figures as to what his ex wives made out with, I think like most things that get reported most of that is wildly blown out of proportion, and as bad as I feel about these tragic set of circumstances, I don't think they contributed to his death, anymore than his show recently being canceled.

Sure those can all be triggers, but depression or not we all still have to make life choices, and personally, I think the fact his entire career being in the spotlight, and probably having to balance love, life and marriage, probably had a lot more to do with the fact he may have not really been able to get the help he needed. The guy has serious problems, and money couldn't solve them because money wasn't his problem.

On the issue of child support, what about splitting responsibilities 50/50? I know the situations vary from person to person, but I never got the idea that in the case of a breakup, the mother gets the kids, the father pays for them. If the father is fit to be a parent, it seems to me the most reasonable settlement is split custody, each parent pays their own way. I fail to see how being a mother means you cannot provide materially.

I don't like how fatherhood is reduced to providing material goods and little more.

And I get that, not all separations are like that. It could be the dad isn't fit to raise them, in which case child support is totally understandable. There does seem to be an inbuilt assumption that when parents go their own way, its her kids, and he has to pay, I'd like a more open minded approach to child support. I personally know guys who are kept from seeing their kids by vindictive ex's (they are in legal battles atm) but who still expect them to pay to support both of them. That is messed up.
    Dads get custody as well, and it is only fair they also recieve alimony and/or child support, and they do. Children are very expensive to care for, and child support alone rarely covers it alone. So depending on the job the parent has, it can be fair.

I'm all for people taking care of their own stuff and shouldn't need to be handheld, but that is sometimes not possible, so they should at least be entitled to a helping hand, if only temporary.

I grew up in a single-parent household for most of my life, and my dad had custody of my brother.

Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    Yeah, I would agree, but I am just trying to make it clear whether Robin Williams was or wasn't f'ing around on his wife, doesn't mean I think he should pay a Penis Tax, however, if one or the other has been unfaithful, I think that certainly bares some weight as to who should have to go to their check book a little deeper to pay for the divorce. As for Robin Williams, and these large ass figures as to what his ex wives made out with, I think like most things that get reported most of that is wildly blown out of proportion, and as bad as I feel about these tragic set of circumstances, I don't think they contributed to his death, anymore than his show recently being canceled.

Sure those can all be triggers, but depression or not we all still have to make life choices, and personally, I think the fact his entire career being in the spotlight, and probably having to balance love, life and marriage, probably had a lot more to do with the fact he may have not really been able to get the help he needed. The guy has serious problems, and money couldn't solve them because money wasn't his problem.
    Penis Tax?

Robin Williams suffered from depression and had for years, he even said as much. He tried using alcohol as a way to cope and self medicate but to blame his death on feminism is just wrong.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    This definitely isn't reputable, it's from some podcast host who is popular with antifeminist redditors.
    His other videos include:

"Here's to the Warmongers | Criminals, Liars and Psychopaths" <Picture of Obama>
    "The Friend Zone: A Sex Free Life Sentence"
    "The State as Secular Religion" <Picture of Obama with malevolent glowing eyes, surrounded by shadowy figures>
    "Bitcoin vs. War: Can Bitcoin End War?" (lol)
    and "Did Martin Luther King Jr. Socialize with KKK Members?"
    Of course its not reputable. It didn't come straight from BBC, CNN, CNBC or Fox... bah baah baaah!

Random (but a bit personal) question here. Did you grow up with divorced parents?

I ask because a 50/50 custody split isn't always what's best for the child. Children are not commodities that can be handed off back and forth like a car.

Parents will have different rules and ways of life. For many children a 50/50 custody split is just flat out bad for them. Spending one week (or, in the case of my childhood friend, half a week) with one parent, then going to the other house can be very frustrating. Add in that not all divorces are amiable, and parents rant to their children and insult the other parent (which is almost like insulting half of their child) it hurts the kids. Additionally, split custody means the parents have to interact with each other more often, and in the case of a bitter divorce, it can lead to a lot of fights the children have to witness and go through. Again, my childhood friend: her parents did the 50/50 split (in her case half weeks), and it honestly messed her up a bit. She was (and still is) not the most emotionally stable person.

So, IMO, thinking of the children when it comes to custody is far more important than making sure it's "fair" for the adults. While some kids don't mind frequent moving between houses, others may not.

ETA: Also, 50/50 doesn't work when parents aren't physically close to each other. Life happens and people move for careers.

Quote Originally Posted by Ebildays View Post
    Penis Tax?

Robin Williams suffered from depression and had for years, he even said as much. He tried using alcohol as a way to cope and self medicate but to blame his death on feminism is just wrong.
    And using his death to further a cause like this is beyond sick.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Paincake View Post
    Of course its not reputable. It didn't come straight from BBC, CNN, CNBC or Fox... bah baah baaah!
    Especially Fox. Reputable as fuck, that one.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is just a terrible thread and is in no way constructive. Closing.