Idea: Officially implementing soloing into the game

As you might be aware, compared to past expansion, there are a lot of people dedicating their playtime for soloing and considering them as what drives them in the game. You can argue that this play base consists of mostly DKs; however, since MoP many other classes have started to do it and enjoy it.

Considering the actions by Blizzard recognizing this aspect of the game by making some fights soloable, why not implement this officially in the game? With some achievements and rewards? With some clever tricks on the development part, this aspect of the game might appeal many players as something more to pursue.

Your ideas?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by OzzieDK View Post
    As you might be aware, compared to past expansion, there are a lot of people dedicating their playtime for soloing and considering them as what drives them in the game. You can argue that this play base consists of mostly DKs; however, since MoP many other classes have started to do it and enjoy it.

Considering the actions by Blizzard recognizing this aspect of the game by making some fights soloable, why not implement this officially in the game? With some achievements and rewards? With some clever tricks on the development part, this aspect of the game might appeal many players as something more to pursue.

Your ideas?
    Brawler's Guild.
    Stains on the carpet and stains on the memory
    Songs about happiness murmured in dreams
    When we both of us knew how the end always is...

Quote Originally Posted by Perkunas View Post
    Brawler's Guild.
    It occured to me as well, Brawler's Guild contradicts with my definition of soloing. Brawler's Guild was implemented as means of a player to defeat some npcs designed to be soloed. However, raid bosses are not intended for soloing from the beginning of the design that's what I thought to be implemented in the game to reward the players dedicate their time for this.

10+ Year Old Account
    It occured to me as well, Brawler's Guild contradicts with my definition of soloing. Brawler's Guild was implemented as means of a player to defeat some npcs designed to be soloed. However, raid bosses are not intended for soloing from the beginning of the design that's what I thought to be implemented in the game to reward the players dedicate their time for this.
    Do you have any idea the amount of time and effort it would take to create raid bosses that would be equally challenging to every class and spec? If we see a raid tier every six months or so you'd probably get one of these bosses a year at best. Or are you content to just have cheeves for solo'ing old crap nobody cares about?

Quote Originally Posted by Perkunas View Post
    Do you have any idea the amount of time and effort it would take to create raid bosses that would be equally challenging to every class and spec? If we see a raid tier every six months or so you'd probably get one of these bosses a year at best. Or are you content to just have cheeves for solo'ing old crap nobody cares about?
    You are taking my words the other way around mate. I was not talking about designing some raid tiers or bosses intended for soloing. I was talking about rewarding players who kill those bosses, which are designed for a number of 10/25 people, by themselves.

For instance, if some guy solos Immerseus 10N by himself during some period determined by the devs for the sake of challenge, he might be rewarded with an achievement or other means of reward.

10+ Year Old Account
    You are taking my words the other way around mate. I was not talking about designing some raid tiers or bosses intended for soloing. I was talking about rewarding players who kill those bosses, which are designed for a number of 10/25 people, by themselves.

For instance, if some guy solos Immerseus 10N by himself during some period determined by the devs for the sake of challenge, he might be rewarded with an achievement or other means of reward.
    Which was what the last line addressed. Sounds like a waste of time to me.

No. Blizz should discourage soloing as this is an MMO. More forced grouping is what should be implemented IMO.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't get it. You want to see more bosses not designed for solo, but that could be soloed through some absurd tactic?
    The challenge you're looking for is right there, in the old raids. I'm still struggling to down Ultraxion.
    I don't think you can reward things like overgearing and outleveling content, also considering that some bosses require(d) exploits in order to be killed (Yogg-saron, Thorim, Razorgore).

However, through things like Brawler's Guild and Proving Grounds, they've rewarded dedication in an environment designed for solo. It means a lot the fact that both of these things are gonna be reworked as soon as the next expansion opens up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hotsforyou View Post
    No. Blizz should discourage soloing as this is an MMO. More forced grouping is what should be implemented IMO.
    ........lol!

Sorry, but I find not grouping saves me a lot of "wtf are you going/doing" moments with random people.

It's a stupid idea.

Soloing is people doing stuff that sorta "isn't meant" to be done. If you make it mainstream, well then its just content designed for single players in an MMO, like brawlers guild or PG's.

10+ Year Old Account
    So brawlers guilds bosses don't count because they where designed to be solo'd but future bosses designed to be solo'd would count?

10+ Year Old Account
    Eh. What OP is referring to is not designing content so it will be soloable, but rather giving recognition to people who DO solo content ahead of others- such as the warlock soloing immerseous, or any of the DK soloing stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

15+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard implemented those new battle pets as a reward for soloing, and have supported soloing by giving players workarounds to many bosses that used to require groups. The stat squish and buffed damage against lower level mobs is also making it easier to do.

first you could solo level to cap since vanilla straight on to today....I know..I've done it in every "version" / expansion of the game. The only few exceptions was from Vanilla through TBC and some quests in Wrath you might for short time duration need to grab one or two people (I remember a couple quests actually need a full party of 5) to take down a elite quest boss/mob....but that was never hard for me to do my guild back then was very cool and help was easy to get.

In my mind this game was never officially " hard" enough to level solo that it ever would discourage you from tying to level solo I guess is what I"m really saying.

What blizzard is doing now is just making easier to solo quest -- which btw I'm all for...as that's the main game for me these days...questing and going through the story.

Deleted
    Backwards logic. You cannot implement soloing into a game if you do not design it to be deliberately beatable. Sure the achievements could easily be implemented, but for what purpose if it collides with the design of the raid boss? Even worse, certain classes will have an edge on specific bosses, which will result in bashing from both sides, and will ultimately end up with a blanket nerf to a lot of bosses.

What a dumb idea. It's a MMO. It is not a fps. Learn the rules or gtfo.
    What are healers going to do? Tanks that hit like a baby.
    What a poorly thought out idea.

Your ideas?
    I had a suggestion a long time ago for what I labeled as "Vocational Dungeons" allowing players to select certain criteria of a dungeon they can solo. The dungeons could contain herbs, veins, animals, etc for gathering materials which could either be specified under the criteria or random. The dungeons could also adjust its difficulty level if another player in the group enters.