Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    This thread stopped being on topic some 15 pages ago when the pc vs everyone else shit started. Though its been let on. really no reason to let it keep as its either bashing consoles or pc elitism.
    Agreed.

This thread and the Tomb Raider thread need to be closed in my opinion since its all just turned into a console vs pc bash.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    Aye pc master racers are getting far worse than console fanboys, people like fallen angel do my head in, get a grip pc fanboys/girls.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    microsoft declare that 1080p resolution is not a mythic resolution, i hear bitterness and anger from not being able to achieve it and being constantly reminded of it. It's an aggressive attitude, a powerless attitude, no a very commercial if you ask me.

As a commercial, you do not want to insist on the weakness of your product, and you don't want to insult the intelligence of your public. Come on, poeple know 1080p is better than 720p, they also know it's not the most important in the game.

I don't like microsoft lately, not because of their console, but because of their attitude. They are arrogant, aggressive and somewhat disconnected from their public. They lie too, a lot. I use to be a big fan of the xbox 360, but frankly, now, i can't trust microsoft anymore. And declaration like this doesn't help. I decide what is mythic and what is not for me, thank you very much.

And please microsoft, try to make your product attractive, stop trying to degrade attractiveness of other console by buying exclusive and false declaration.

Is there a resource that tests games performance?

Example if i wanted to see average framerates or resolutions on Watchdogs on PS4, where would i go?

Quote Originally Posted by sethman75 View Post
    Is there a resource that tests games performance?

Example if i wanted to see average framerates or resolutions on Watchdogs on PS4, where would i go?
    http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/di...-dogs-face-off

Eurogamer usually does a decent job with their Digital Foundry stuff in looking at the performance of games across various platforms.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/di...-dogs-face-off

Eurogamer usually does a decent job with their Digital Foundry stuff in looking at the performance of games across various platforms.
    Thanks man, nice find.

Quote Originally Posted by Maconi View Post
    [*]The life-cycle on this console generation is going to be extremely short.
    or[*]Advancements in the gaming industry are going to continue to be stunted by an underpowered console generation.
    or[*]The PC gaming industry will thrive once they surpass the current-gen console abilities by miles.[/LIST]
    The trouble is the jump from PS2/XBox to PS3/XBox-360 was nothing too major gameplay wise, for the most part the games just got prettier. A lot of the industry is already creaking under the strain of people's expectations of bigger, shinier graphics and if anything a slowing-down of technology will help bring those costs under control so AAA studios can focus more on (what I consider to be) the more interesting areas of gameplay and story; heck they may even focus on more interesting designs rather than super-realism in ultra-number-pixels.

Lotsa people in this thread that didn't read the original article and are just going off the mocking title.

Spencer mentions that different games have different goals. He says that a game like a hack and slash is perfectly fine dropping to 900p as long as it can maintain 60 fps with few or no dips. He admits that a game that's supposed to immerse you in it's world SHOULD run at 1080p and that they are going to try their damndest to make that possible on the xbone.

That said, I'll agree that the "why not both" argument is very valid and am disappointed that both the xbone and the ps4 couldn't come with hardware/optimization that allows for constant 60 frames/1080p. The xbone is the bigger culprit certainly but both consoles are sucking it up as a whole in keeping with this standard. Hopefully as developers make more games for the consoles they'll get used to making their games better and better on them like how it was in the last gen.

My personal hope for this new gen is to allow for something along the standards of a modded Skyrim where all the cities are within the game world, loading screens become steadily smaller and smaller until they're removed and just deeper things going on with AI.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    My personal hope for this new gen is to allow for something along the standards of a modded Skyrim where all the cities are within the game world, loading screens become steadily smaller and smaller until they're removed and just deeper things going on with AI.
    I think loading screens are useful, particularly obfuscated ones, as the offer little negatives and help the game run better, the reason why loading times are going down is because better tools on reading data, it still needs to be rendered, and real time loading takes a descent amount of extra processor speed that I'd rather slate towards physics or AI. But, the new consoles are very disappointing, you can get an equally powered PC for the same price and a far superior one if you put slightly more money in, whereas last generation was very beefy at it's time, and were sold at a loss (this is no longer the case each console makes a profit now).