Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Most of raid team likes modafinil, new members don't

Ever since mid-BC the raid team I've been associated with has taken gobs of modafinil for the first 1-2 weeks of each tier, with good ... no actually excellent results.

We slimmed down to 10-man in the middle of Cataclysm and are now being "forced" (that word again) to bulk up to 20-man.

However, we are having trouble finding new members who are like-minded.

Any thoughts, recommendations, et cetera?

10+ Year Old Account
    So where does your guild rank in terms of boss kills?

Quote Originally Posted by zephid View Post
    So where does your guild rank in terms of boss kills?
    The thing is, we don't take time off from work, so the newbies are bitching about the mandatory 8PM-6AM raid window Tue-Wed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Didacticus Syntacticus View Post
    The thing is, we don't take time off from work, so the newbies are bitching about the mandatory 8PM-6AM raid window Tue-Wed.
    That doesn't answer my question.

Deleted
    Well if u dont raid on regular times, it is gonna be harder for you to get members, but if u are 10+ when Wod launches i dont think u will worry, u still have to go trhough normal>Heroic and then go mythic, and by the time u are ready for mythic raiding many other 10mans will be, so id say dont worry raid with the people u have and extend ur raid when u can, in norm-heroic, u can be 10-30 ppl. u can even pick your dreamteam slowly and dont have to worry about members to mythic

10+ Year Old Account
    Well you don't have that much time when WoD launches, since I guess the heroic mode (the old normal mode) raids will open the second week and the mythic the week after. So you will be able to raid mythic week 3 of WoD, unless they've changed something this time.

i am more curious why http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Modafinil is something you all like. Now i would never join a guild that took the game to that level, drugging yourself for 2 weeks to achieve ingame results?
    Recommendation? Stop using shit to stay awake and play at more regular hours?
    I do not know how you would want to fix your current situation without fixing your extreme way of playing when new content is released.

Deleted
    Well you don't have that much time when WoD launches, since I guess the heroic mode (the old normal mode) raids will open the second week and the mythic the week after. So you will be able to raid mythic week 3 of WoD, unless they've changed something this time.
    it doesent matter if mythic comes week 3 or 6 if u are not geared for it u wont be able to kill bosses

That doesn't answer my question.
    It's a legit question too imo. Lots of people complaining about mythic raiding when they are only 1-2 bosses deep in heroic soo lol

edit: to stay on topic, i've been raiding heroic content when it's first released for awhile now with the exception of tot, and i've never heard of anyone taking the drug lol... this is the first i've ever heard of it. my raid history is successful irt to rankings and kill dates too so..
    Last edited by Emek; 2014-08-14 at 11:34 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, I have no idea why anyone would take a drug to be able to raid through the night, but to each their own.

I think recruitment will be a lot easier once WoD launches. Expansions always bring an influx of new players, and many either retire from raiding or decide to get into it again, so it's the perfect time to recruit.

Other than that, I hope you're not making the drug mandatory... Just tell people your raid time and offer it as a solution if they ask for help to stay up. It's perfectly possible to do that without drugs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Toolt View Post
    it doesent matter if mythic comes week 3 or 6 if u are not geared for it u wont be able to kill bosses
    It has never been a problem with starting to clear HC the same week it's released, I don't think mythic will be any different since mythic is just the same old HC difficulty.

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    Drugging for raiding? that is probably the first time ever I've heard of this, seems a tad bit too extreme. I raid heroics and know friends in top tier guilds who don't even do this.
    "Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted" ~Einstein
    Wish more people would take that to heart.

I used to lead beer raids for wannabe alts in WotLK. Progress much? nope, but it was loads of fun.
    Rules:
    * Miss a buff before pull countdown finish - you drink
    * Die on a boss - you drink
    * Wipe - everyone drinks
    * Down boss - everyone drinks (celebrations are important too!)

Typically it would be fine until after Gunship, then a /rand 1-3 to see which wing to take next. Smooth sailing if we did Putricide first, rough ride if we did him last!
    We only ever managed to down LK once, and I don't think anyone really knows how we pulled that off. All in 10m easymode.

I have since then transitioned to enjoying better beers (which cannot be gulped down in those amounts) and red wine. And have yet to find a raid group with same passion for fine drinking while raiding.

But taking drugs to do all-nighters with new content, that seems a little off the charts. I have many friends who took time off work for each expansion through the years, but that seems like a better plan. And posting a whine around it on the forum seems a little "look how hardcore I am" attention whoring.

Quote Originally Posted by Didacticus Syntacticus View Post
    So you stay up from Tuesday 8AM (for work), raid from 8pm to 6am, go to work again Wednesday, raid from 8pm to 6am again, then go to work Thursday?

And you complain that you can't find anyone to raid with you? You'd probably make better progress by actually sleeping and having a decent 3-4 night raid schedule. If you aren't world first racing then that type of behavior isn't really necessary, but I guess if that's important to you and you can do it then I guess go for it.

Sleep deprivation is serious and the longer you're awake, the worse you get mentally. Your performance will suffer towards the end.

10+ Year Old Account
    How is this even possible, idk if you are US or EU or RU but in the US it is a schedule IV controlled substance, what do you interview potential guildies and raid team members to see if they can get a prescription? Who in their right mind would use a controlled narcotic to raid more effectively, it is a game not a second job.
    Ideally no one has ever hit the level cap of the last expansion, looked at their dungeon blues, and thought "I win."

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch...all/chuckabear

Deleted
    and here i though BL being rumored to collectively use adderall was over the top :O

but OT: you will have a very hard time finding candidates for raiding under those conditions. Only few guild outside of world first guilds (and even those dont) raid 24/7 during progress

What the fuck is "modafinil"?
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Wow, how many people do not realize this is an utter troll post....
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Well, you mean you cannot find people who are willing to replace sleep with a only on prescription available drug that might cause life-threatening side effects? And that not because you value the game more than real life - or you would simply take a few days off - but because you want both?

Have you tried a bulletin in the local mental asylum?

<sip>

seriously guys - stop feeding

Infracted: Don't post meme images or call others trolls. -Nobleshield
    Last edited by Nobleshield; 2014-08-14 at 02:47 PM.