Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

So I know that soloing old raids got nerfed but..

Why did they not put it in the hotfixed notes from this morning?

I think it because it wasn't intended and they're trying to play it off like it was so it doesn't look like they fucked up even more.
    Priest Warrior
    You are not your role. You are not how much gold you have on your account.
    You are not the mount you ride. You are not the contents of your bank.
    You are not your epic purples. You are not a special and unique snowflake.
    You are the all-grinding, all-farming crap of Azeroth.

10+ Year Old Account
    I suspected something was wrong when I killed Alysrazor before she took off...
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    I suspected something was wrong when I killed Alysrazor before she took off...
    People keep taking up for blizzard here, and saying stuff like "If it was soloable before it still is" No!

I doubt that my 505 Warrior can still solo FL, I doubt my 530 warlock can still solo BwD for xmog. It was fun, now its not.

Like, we already did the 5 min quest chain they gave us, whats the point in playing the rest of this month out now...

Quote Originally Posted by IllidariCouncil View Post
    People keep taking up for blizzard here, and saying stuff like "If it was soloable before it still is" No!

I doubt that my 505 Warrior can still solo FL, I doubt my 530 warlock can still solo BwD for xmog. It was fun, now its not.

Like, we already did the 5 min quest chain they gave us, whats the point in playing the rest of this month out now...
    If it was soloable before it still is 2 settings higher, generally.

10m normal was more difficult than 25hc is TODAY after the hotfix. Stop acting like the sky is falling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post

10m normal was more difficult than 25hc is TODAY after the hotfix. Stop acting like the sky is falling.
    IT is not. Not everyones alts are 570.. 550 for that matter. It was fun to get xmog for alts.. now you cant. That simple.

Yesterday I did Ruby Sanctum on my 510 warlock. Did it in 4 Mins. Today, did on my 557 hunter.. 20 mins and 4 wipes. That tells me, its not soloable if it was before.

AND i bet you agree it should take 20 mins I mean why should'nt it. Its only 7 years old right? I mean, its still relevant.

It was fun, its not fun to die on trash in 5 year old raid you could do in 20 mins.
    Last edited by IllidariCouncil; 2014-10-16 at 11:35 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I doubt my 530 warlock can still solo BwD for xmog.
    Should be easily doable. I just did it on one of my low ilvl Warlock alts (ilvl 503 or something like that). Used Destro if it makes any difference.

How nerfed are we talking? I was just recently able to complete the firelands achievements pretty easily. Was this hot-fixed really recently?

Quote Originally Posted by Lime View Post
    Should be easily doable. I just did it on one of my low ilvl Warlock alts (ilvl 503 or something like that). Used Destro if it makes any difference.
    Well, heres a good example of how bad they F'ed up. I did FLs on my warlock yesterday (510) did up to ryolth before bed. Went in today, getting killed on trash, cant even make it to him. ITs not doable.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Neglesh View Post
    How nerfed are we talking? I was just recently able to complete the firelands achievements pretty easily. Was this hot-fixed really recently?
    Yep, this morning. BUT would it help if I said to keep you busy all month they gave us a 5 min quest chain?

Well, heres a good example of how bad they F'ed up. I did FLs on my warlock yesterday (510) did up to ryolth before bed. Went in today, getting killed on trash, cant even make it to him. ITs not doable.
    Yes, it's not ridiculous as yesterday, get over it.

It's still FAR easier than it ever was on live. I don't know what else you want for fucking logging on after a patch. It will be even easier at level 100 if you PERSONALLY can't do it.
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

10+ Year Old Account

that doesn't even make sense and is factually wrong.
    a higher health boss is harder to solo than one with lower health providing they deal the same damage barring any extra mechanics that may be present in 25 that aren't in 10 or vice versa.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

It's still FAR easier than it ever was on live. I don't know what else you want for fucking logging on after a patch. It will be even easier at level 100 if you PERSONALLY can't do it.
    Stop making excuses for them, If something was fun to do, that they took away.... nvm, I dont have time for it. I need to gear up my alts so I can have a chance at soloing old content. Its hard enough to tell blizzard when they fucked up, its even harder when you got people kissing their ass.

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    that doesn't even make sense and is factually wrong.
    a higher health boss is harder to solo than one with lower health providing they deal the same damage barring any extra mechanics that may be present in 25 that aren't in 10 or vice versa.
    10man normal was more difficult before 6.0, hence the "was". Nothing was factually wrong, you just misunderstood.

Or learn to play those classes IllidariCouncil, that works too. I don't see the issue with a raid not bending over for you solo the moment its not current content. I enjoy the challenge while it lasts - and it will naturally be easier every single patch.

Just soloed BoT, BWD, and Firelands, my toon isnt even very good geared and it was a cake. Whatever you can't solo now, will be soloable easily in WoD so i wouldn't worry.

10+ Year Old Account

do you have something else to do besides repeatedly tell people to "deal with it" and "get over it" and other assorted dismissive fallacies that dont actually address the problem at hand?
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

That sounds like a personal problem.

I can still solo everything.... if your alts cant, you get more gear. duh.... this is the way its always been. Just because it is old content, doesn't mean you should be able to solo it in blues.........

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    do you have something else to do besides repeatedly tell people to "deal with it" and "get over it" and other assorted dismissive fallacies that dont actually address the problem at hand?
    What is the problem? point it out.

Raids are far easier to solo than in 5.4 (outside of MoP level content which is class dependent) - fact. People are bitching because for a FEW HOURS they could 2 shot nearly any boss ingame on if it was 5 levels below them. It isn't suddenly a problem if they need to know how to play their class to faceroll it.

Some bosses are still a bit buggy hence the reports people can't solo. But overall, there's a huge nerf on the solo department. Blew through 25H ICC last night so fast it was funny. Heroic Firelands was about the same. Haven't walked into DS, but I'd assume it's similar.

Quote Originally Posted by Ishamaelronin View Post
    That sounds like a personal problem.

Just because it is old content, doesn't mean you should be able to solo it in blues.........
    Well instead of just rambling, justify what you are saying. Why should'nt be able to solo in blues. Whos it hurting? Whos it affecting? We were having fun getting xmog for alts. So tell me why its a problem and Ill hush. The raids are 5-7 years old at this point.

7+ Year Old Account
    Stop making excuses for them, If something was fun to do, that they took away.... nvm, I dont have time for it. I need to gear up my alts so I can have a chance at soloing old content. Its hard enough to tell blizzard when they fucked up, its even harder when you got people kissing their ass.
    Yeah, bring a friend or get better gear/skill usage. The raids are easier for me on all accounts today.
    Not enough content? Change you dislike?
    Unsub or sub later. Give Blizzard feedback, "vote" with money.
    Give feedback through official channels → quit paying.