Deleted

Question Use of MOP mats after WOD

Hello, I have a full guild bank of mop mats such as Primal diamonds, Herbs, Ores, Living steels, triliums, shas,gems etc etc. I was wondering would it be better to sell them before or after wod for a higher profit? Any suggestions? how was it in the previous expansions?

Did you seriously took a selfie, and photoshoped Draenei female head to your picture?

OT: I'd sell it now tbh, since people talking about you'll be able to level all proffs to 700 just using WoD mats, so all other mats will get their price crushed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Misume View Post
    The day the Mythic Progression Thread isn't 95% trolling is the day Prime comes back to power.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would sell them now. In WoD, they're adding catch-up mechanics to EVERY profession, so the old profession materials will be damn near useless since you don't need them to level up professions (or at least in the beta (subject to change), they're adding them as shown in this video).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ktperry View Post
    Did you seriously took a selfie, and photoshoped Draenei female head to your picture?

OT: I'd sell it now tbh, since people talking about you'll be able to level all proffs to 700 just using WoD mats, so all other mats will get their price crushed.
    I actually didn't know about the catch up mechanisms, but if you're right, the WoD Mats still won't be cheap during the first few weeks, so that won't be a viable alternative if you are leveling a profession from 0 from quite some time.
    But after a while WoD Mats prices will stabilize and then prices for old mats will drop.
    So the typical hoarding of enchanting dust won't do you any good.

Thanks for pointing out the avatar, I think it's really awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Nicole Burse View Post
    Hello, I have a full guild bank of mop mats such as Primal diamonds, Herbs, Ores, Living steels, triliums, shas,gems etc etc. I was wondering would it be better to sell them before or after wod for a higher profit? Any suggestions? how was it in the previous expansions?
    Usually prices will tank shortly after expac hits, and then steadily climb back up. Some items (like living steels, sha crystals) aren't really useful for tradeskill leveling and will remain low, so you'll want to be moving that stuff now. Primal diamonds should be sold asap. Trillium, and (blue) gems should also be on the list of stuff to sell now.

Ghost iron will likely remain fairly cheap, but leather will likely climb post-wod rather quickly, if only because of the ludicrous amount required to level leatherworking and how tedious it is to farm. Lotuses will tank, other herbs probably won't move much.

You'll likely make more using the enchanting mats to make enchants and selling those than selling the raw materials; as lots of people have enchanting(and therefore can disenchant) but many don't have rep to make the "Good" enchants.

TL: DR; Sell Now. Leather might hold value. Ore will not. Herbs will not. Rare/epic mats will not. Raid mats will not.
    Last edited by blackblade; 2014-08-14 at 08:52 PM.

Deleted

pretty much yes lol, Thanks for that though

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by nicktamere View Post
    Thanks for pointing out the avatar, I think it's really awesome
    Lmao thanks!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by blackblade View Post
    Usually prices will tank shortly after expac hits, and then steadily climb back up. Some items (like living steels, sha crystals) aren't really useful for tradeskill leveling and will remain low, so you'll want to be moving that stuff now. Primal diamonds should be sold asap. Trillium, and (blue) gems should also be on the list of stuff to sell now.

Ghost iron will likely remain fairly cheap, but leather will likely climb post-wod rather quickly, if only because of the ludicrous amount required to level leatherworking and how tedious it is to farm. Lotuses will tank, other herbs probably won't move much.

You'll likely make more using the enchanting mats to make enchants and selling those than selling the raw materials; as lots of people have enchanting(and therefore can disenchant) but many don't have rep to make the "Good" enchants.

TL: DR; Sell Now. Leather might hold value. Ore will not. Herbs will not. Rare/epic mats will not. Raid mats will not.
    Im happy the release date is november because selling mats nowadays is so hard. >.< Any tips on that?

Monitor the AH for 1-2 weeks, probably will sell best around reset day, and on weekends.
    And do not dump of your whole stock. Just sell it little by little.
    For example if you have 20 stacks of Trillium bars, post 3-4, when they sell repost etc.

Or if you have all proffesions you can use them to make even bigger profit. Also you can spam in trade you have alot of mats for sell, im pretty sure there are alot of wealthy people that can buy out all of your stuff.

P.s. If you play on my realm, poke me, so i can help you get rid of your stuff
    Quote Originally Posted by Misume View Post
    The day the Mythic Progression Thread isn't 95% trolling is the day Prime comes back to power.

Thanks for this post, I was curious about this myself.

Cloth I might keep. You can still turn it into bags in WoD.

I am Shaman - Play Free Online Games
    FML... Shamans suck.

Quote Originally Posted by Tanro View Post
    Cloth I might keep. You can still turn it into bags in WoD.
    Except that bags will be less desired thanks to greater stack sizes / mat bank / toy tab / more gear shared between specs, etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    Except that bags will be less desired thanks to greater stack sizes / mat bank / toy tab / more gear shared between specs, etc.
    Ah but your forgetting the most important thing: Alts! That and the OCD that some people have about having as much bag space as possible (even if you won't fill it up)

As for gear sharing, yes and no in terms of bag usage. Primary stats are dynamic to spec but secondaries (and tertiaries) are not. So let's take leather chest with a secondary in crit which is a fine piece for a Guardian Druid but not so much for a Restro Druid. So some people might also want a leather chest with x secondary instead along with the former piece I mentioned. Thus gear sharing might not be as impactful as people may think.
    ---
    Don't be a victim of IFOWISNAWL!
    Call 800-Calm-The-F-Down, Operators are standing by. Now taking calls on all your Legion worries.

Deleted
    Monitor the AH for 1-2 weeks, probably will sell best around reset day, and on weekends.
    And do not dump of your whole stock. Just sell it little by little.
    For example if you have 20 stacks of Trillium bars, post 3-4, when they sell repost etc.

Or if you have all proffesions you can use them to make even bigger profit. Also you can spam in trade you have alot of mats for sell, im pretty sure there are alot of wealthy people that can buy out all of your stuff.

P.s. If you play on my realm, poke me, so i can help you get rid of your stuff
    Sadly i play on Nagrand eu, a mid pop realm, kinda dead tbh, i spammed trade chat a lot noone got interested. i posted most of my mats on ah ill see how it goes after this. a month ago Golden lotuses were 50g now theyre down to 15.. too bad i didnt sell them when i had the chance

Deleted
    If you can catch up every profession with new expansion materials that would mean new expansion materials will be VERY sought after and expensive. That would mean old materials wont be worthless.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I can see old mats being a niche if the catch up mechanic keeps prices of mats high. Then again you have to take in the tediousness of farming some of those old world mats as well.
    Patience is a virtue. I never claimed to be virtuous.

Quote Originally Posted by Xtrm View Post
    I would sell them now. In WoD, they're adding catch-up mechanics to EVERY profession, so the old profession materials will be damn near useless since you don't need them to level up professions (or at least in the beta (subject to change), they're adding them as shown in this video).
    Right now, for blacksmithing, it is MUCH cheaper to level it the old way vs simply using ghost iron. They made it so that you CAN use only ghost iron to do so, but it takes an insane amount of it to do so.

That being said, it's only widely useful mats (cloth, dust, ore) that retain value. Mats that are only used to make current max level enchants (i.e. sha crystals, primal diamonds) aren't going to retain any value.

- - - Updated - - -

If you have MoP boe blues, hang on to those. They are really cheap right now, because they're common, but when people aren't running the content any more, but people still want those blues because they are op for 80-85 (twinks, ppl who just like to pummel while lvl'ing) will end up paying a lot more for them in the future than right now because the supply will dwindle.

Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    Very true that.
    It has been overlooked by a lot of people.
    I bring up most of those same points regularly.
    There is also an extra tab being added to void storage, and later on (possible 6.1 or 6.2) some UI for transmog which gathers items into "sets".

The desirability of low level gear is what will determine the value of the materials.
    Primarily for levelling gear or transmog gear.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Sell ASAP.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

The drop rate for the new catch-up items isn't the best. At level 93, I have gotten (blacksmith, mining as primary, all secondary at 600) 4 BS catch-ups and 4 first aid catch-ups (which are sitting in the bank taking up room because they don't stack since I don't have access to the herb farm yet). So old mats will still be useful.

But if you are afraid that the prices will be shit compared to now, I would try to sell them off now.

- - - Updated - - -

There is also the reagent tab of the personal bank. That will free up quite a bit of room in people's banks. For more shit.

Deleted
    Rare/epic crafting material is usually always worthless (or below vendorvalue when it comes to disenchanting) when a expansion is over.

The white/green ones usually dont get worthless, although can drop/rise in value depending on how important professions are in WoD and if they make it cheap/easy to level up without oldworld mats.

So at least try to sell off all primal diamonds, sha crystals and rare gems.
    Maybe living steel/trillium will rise/stay in value because of the engineer and JC mounts.

You guys are making way too many generalizations. Some of the stuff will still be worth selling. Saying that herbs will be useless, for example, is just silly. There are still going to be a lot of glyphs that require the MoP ink and even if they put in the ability to trade to lesser inks immediately (which, if you'll recall, didn't happen with MoP), the new herbs will be priced high enough for quite a while that it won't be worth it to do that. Golden lotus would be the exception there because no one is going to want flasks/rare gems. Plenty of the crafting mats will retain their value as well for transmog. Do you really think people are going to suddenly not want the redone BC weapon looks from BS? There are also some really nice looking chests from LW and Tailoring from 5.0 (shaman tier lookalike, druid tier lookalike, a couple of dresses). Royal satchels will retain a good value as well if the one hexcloth/day thing stays (which seems likely given what they can make). For those of us that are playing with characters that have existed since vanilla, the new inventory situation stuff is just going to keep us from needing to delete stuff for a while, we're still going to need big bags (I haven't used my bank for crafting mats for years, it's all stuff I'm saving and I've had to vendor/delete a /ton/ over the years even with void storage and the like).

Basically, you need to look at what mats make what and look at your server. Stuff to make transmog gear will retain value. Things that make glyphs will retain value (and could very well go up in price drastically-I can tell you the price of vanilla herbs has skyrocketed in the last six to eight months on my servers as people have finally noticed the catchup mechanism on herbalism in Pandaria). I'm hesitant to make predictions regarding enchanting mats, especially because I'm still not sure why old essences suddenly became worthless this expansion where previously they sold nicely. Gems will mostly be useless, though it could be worthwhile to hold onto some that make the panther mounts. Luck potions might retain their value due to people farming skyshards for the Alani mount (let me emphasize the might part there).