Deleted

Disabling Technique&Chi Shaping? o:O

anyone knows what those talents are? what they do etc?

10+ Year Old Account
    You place them on your actionbars and they will automatically change to whichever talent you've selected for their respective rows (i.e. if you pick Chi Wave, Chi Shaping will transform into that, and then if you change to Chi Burst it will transform into that). That way you don't have to keep dragging talents to your bars whenever you change them or make macros to circumvent that.

Herald of the Titans Babylonius's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivin View Post
    You place them on your actionbars and they will automatically change to whichever talent you've selected for their respective rows (i.e. if you pick Chi Wave, Chi Shaping will transform into that, and then if you change to Chi Burst it will transform into that). That way you don't have to keep dragging talents to your bars whenever you change them or make macros to circumvent that.
    This is a pretty big QoL change, at least in my opinion. Those macros were difficult to understand and a pain on alts. Big fan of this one.
    Creator of WalkingTheWind.com and PeakOfSerenity.com
    Former Monk Mod of MMOChampion | Admin/Moderator of Monk Discord
    Armory | Logs | Guild | Twitch

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Babylonius View Post
    This is a pretty big QoL change, at least in my opinion. Those macros were difficult to understand and a pain on alts. Big fan of this one.
    You can just make a macro with the exact same effect... and they only made it for 2 rows, you still have to make macros for other 4 tiers. pff

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gragagrogog View Post
    You can just make a macro with the exact same effect... and they only made it for 2 rows, you still have to make macros for other 4 tiers. pff
    Macro space is quite limited, so even with it only freeing up two slots, that's a big help.

And it's not four tiers. Monks only have two other rows that have talents where you'd have to have macros to switch them.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm quite happy - especially in situations such as PTR or Beta, it's kind of a pain to have to set macros back up etc. I like having these talents be similar to how mage bombs are set up - lovely QoL change indeed.

10+ Year Old Account
    I didn't use a macro on live because you can drag the ability straight from the talent window to the action bar the moment you switch it. One less step to worry about I guess but it's a tiny QoL change even when compared to the average QoL change.

Quote Originally Posted by Rivin View Post
    Macro space is quite limited, so even with it only freeing up two slots, that's a big help.
    they increased the number of macros you can have from 36 to 120 (MAX_ACCOUNT_MACROS) in wod

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    The macro language is supposedly updated to allow conditionals based on talent selection, for example:

Code:
    #showtooltip 
    /cast [talent:6/1] Cascade; [talent:6/2] Divine Star; [talent:6/3] Halo

You can now create Macros that will do different things based on what talent you have selected.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pucca View Post
    they increased the number of macros you can have from 36 to 120 (MAX_ACCOUNT_MACROS) in wod
    Well, that will certainly be a big help too. :D

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkener View Post
    The macro language is supposedly updated to allow conditionals based on talent selection, for example:

Code:
    #showtooltip 
    /cast [talent:6/1] Cascade; [talent:6/2] Divine Star; [talent:6/3] Halo
    You can now create Macros that will do different things based on what talent you have selected.

Actually, there is some tool that you can use to do this already. The stickied WW thread actually has macros in it for the talents.

There are also quite nice addons that will make the actionbar swap for you, including putting them in macros if you so desire. Talentswap is one of them (http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/talentswap).

15+ Year Old Account
    Yea these are the macros I use in Beta:

Code:
    "Monk T30"
    #showtooltip
    /cast [talent:2/1] Chi Wave; [talent:2/2] Zen Sphere; [talent:2/3] Chi Burst

"Monk T60"
    #showtooltip
    /cast [talent:4/1] Ring of Peace; [talent:4/2] Charging Ox Wave; [talent:4/3] Leg Sweep

"Monk T75"
    #showtooltip
    /cast [talent:5/2] Dampen Harm; [talent:5/3] Diffuse Magic

"Monk T100"
    #showtooltip
    /cast [talent:7/1] Hurricane Strike; [talent:7/2] Chi Explosion; [talent:7/3] Serenity
    Last edited by Hinalover; 2014-08-20 at 04:56 AM.