Upgrade from Pre-Order to Full Collector's Edition?

Just examined the WoD CE... and wow; first CE since Wrath that I really want to get.

But I already bought the pre-order, and I'm not interested in just buying a box for $90 when I already have the game for $60; is there a way to upgrade?

Upgrade to what? Blizzard doesn't put up CE on their own store.

Cancel Pre-Order and re-order it on gamestop/amazon/bestbuy.

Why in heavens name dont you just upgrade to Digital deluxe edition for the mount and the pet. Everything else in collectors edition aint worth shit. Behind the scenes dvd, mousepad and some music you can get from wherever anyways ?

If im getting the xpac i might get the digital deluxe for the mount

I dont see the purpose.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by besthijacker View Post
    Upgrade to what? Blizzard doesn't put up CE on their own store.

Cancel Pre-Order and re-order it on gamestop/amazon/bestbuy.
    Yep.. that's what I did awhile back
    Quote Originally Posted by Unknown
    "The world is a magical place full of people waiting to be offended by something"
    Quote Originally Posted by Bertrand Russell
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    Why in heavens name dont you just upgrade to Digital deluxe edition for the mount and the pet. Everything else in collectors edition aint worth shit. Behind the scenes dvd, mousepad and some music you can get from wherever anyways ?

Well there's a Hearthstone cardback. I don't want to play WoD, but I do want that cardback. :-(

10+ Year Old Account

God forbid someone wants to support Blizzard. Oh noes, they're making money! Quick- to the forums!

@OP: I would honestly send in a ticket or call them. (If you have used the boost, they will freeze that toon. Just an FYI.)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian Stormclaw View Post
    Just examined the WoD CE... and wow; first CE since Wrath that I really want to get.

But I already bought the pre-order, and I'm not interested in just buying a box for $90 when I already have the game for $60; is there a way to upgrade?
    Just out of interest what is so "and wow" about it.

Don't get me wrong I am 100% buying the Physical CE (I always love the soundtrack and the art book).

But the content is almost identical to every WoW Physical CE, mouse mat, art book, soundtrack, making of etc.

Or am I missing something?

- - - Updated - - -

Really?

The art book is awesome (and worth the difference in the price on its own)

Also getting hold of soundtrack (legally) is not actually that easy.

W Everything else in collectors edition aint worth shit. Behind the scenes dvd, mousepad and some music you can get from wherever anyways ?
    Obviously he does not share your view. He likes the physical 'shit', just like many, many other people. I just hope they add the cardback to the Digital Deluxe too, because I really want that.

The store I preorder from actually makes you pre-order a regular and then upgrade it later. Because they start taking normal edition preorders before CE preorders.

So just ask, any sane store would allow you to upgrade.

*EDIT* Oh, you mean you pre-ordered a digital regular edition online? Hmm, I think you'd have to ask for a refund, which they'll do if it's within 90 days? Either way, call Blizzard, they're usually helpful.

- - - Updated - - -

Your opinion.

I own all the boxes and even if they didn't have the DVDs and mousepads I'd still buy physical boxes. I need to line them up on my bookcase. Gotta catch em all!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

I believe there's a thread to cancel pre-orders, but doesn't seem worth it for the goodies, which you could probably buy cheap off ebay used

Quick necro to help fellow players out who would like to upgrade to the CE.

I contacted cutsomer suppoert; no, you cannot upgrade straight from the Standard/Deluxe editions to the Collector's Edition. However... you can refund your pre-order and then order the CE.

If you have already spent your free boost-to-90; your boosted toon will be locked until you input your CE code.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian Stormclaw View Post
    Quick necro to help fellow players out who would like to upgrade to the CE.

I contacted cutsomer suppoert; no, you cannot upgrade straight from the Standard/Deluxe editions to the Collector's Edition. However... you can refund your pre-order and then order the CE.

If you have already spent your free boost-to-90; your boosted toon will be locked until you input your CE code.
    This is in direct contradiction to what I was told, in writing, by billing; I was told that if I get the standard digital upgrade, and then buy the CE, that I can upgrade to the CE and billing will refund, in the form of game time credit, the difference in price. Here is the thread I wrote about it:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/13839854160

Not sure why we would get such different responses, but then again Blizzard does have a lot of employees.
    "Can't you see this is the last act of a desperate man?"
    "We don't care if it's the first act of Henry the Fifth, we're leaving!"

Are you fething kidding me!

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/159...ater-9-18-2014

So, your telling me; that I refunded my digital deluxe, got my boosted-toon locked, reorder the CE, and now have to wait until November 13th to get my toon back; when I could've simply had upgraded to the CE and kept my boosted toon and got an extra WoD key to give away to my dad rather than having to spend another $50 to get it for him?

Seriously what the FUCK happened to this Company?!?

Why are they nickiling and diming us to death.

"meba when the game us a great game and story and features, and their were 12 million of us. Then the crap came, THNE we left, and now its bs after bs after bs!
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    wE doN't kNoW wHaT pLaYeRs WaNt FoR cHarAcTeR CrEaTiOn MoDeLs