Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Nope. If I wanted to move, I'd move.

10+ Year Old Account
    I lived on the alabama georgia border near columbus for about 2 years and I hated it, there was nothing there that interested me.

Dreadlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Yup, I don't like the Netherlands at all. I've always found the people weird. Too friendly no matter whats going on. I'd love to live in the UK or somewhere in America where I can speak English, considering i'm pretty good ar it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Exerus View Post
    I lived on the alabama georgia border near columbus for about 2 years and I hated it, there was nothing there that interested me.
    Im on the other side of the state Georgia South Carolina border, its just as bad

I remember going through a phase where I really wanted to live in Japan. I still want to visit someday but I doubt I could truly learn to adapt to life over there. The language looks very difficult to grasp.

Yes. Everyday.

Maybe. In high school my dream was to get a proper master's degree and move to US (more specifically Boston or Seattle). Seems like racism and immigration is much of a lesser issue in those areas than here in Sweden. This messed up immigration policy is just breeding hatred against all immigrants. Also being an avid fan of US culture like NFL, NBA and many cable tv shows, it would be much easier watch those things there. Now, being more politically aware, it seems like America is a fucked up place too after all. Massive corporations being higher up than the law and congress/senate (yeah, haven't really learned the difference yet) is scary and I don't know if I wanna live in a place where I don't get proper internet and get buttfucked by companies. I really wanna move out of Sweden once I get my degree, but I can't find somewhere fitting. :/

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    I concur. Why would I want to live anywhere else?
    Better air?

15+ Year Old Account
    Every second of my life, everything in Russia is absolutely alien to me. Alcohol, whores being a common sight, moody people with hostile glares every morning/day/evening, being paid $560 a month with a 1-room apartment costing $420 000+, car costing $20 000+, actually spending around $400+ a month on food etc... Thievery everywhere, people looking to trick you in ANY way even when you take them for fellows. Overall hostile environment.

I'm desperately trying to save up to move to USA with my wife, but the only thing I actually have for it is half-decent english...

no. i will stay in the US until i either need to flee it, or i die. there's nothing outside of the US that i can't see on tv or on the internet, it's also safer. there are a lot of countries giving way to some very unsavory people, and i'd rather stay here where those types are more in check.

moving elsewhere within the country might be ok, if it's somewhere hotter than where i live already.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anyael View Post
    I think you can go to New Zealand.
    Is New Zealand accepting of Americans, by chance?

Also, is the weather there... unstable?

10+ Year Old Account
    Is it something about New York in particular? I'm not a native and have encountered a lot of ethnocentrism among New Yorkers.
    In my opinion, it's the greatest city in the world. I can do pretty much whatever I want whenever I want all within the confines of the city limits. For the few things I may not be able to do, the surrounding tri-state area can fulfill that.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I have before. Then I finally realized how silly I was. I live on 14 acres, spring for water, natural gas for heat, central air, high speed internet, paved road all the way to town, which is 12 miles away. It is peaceful and secluded enough to enjoy privacy. I am content to stay here for the rest of my life here on earth.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    I pose this question to the MMO-C forums because this is something deeply ingrained in me. From an early age I was on the move, always looking for the next place I could safely call my home. It kind of made me lose pride in the sense of where I come from and so I have always moved around.
    I want to live in a place where there is no strife, no segregation and no greed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Noomz View Post
    I want to live in a place where there is no strife, no segregation and no greed.
    In other words, no place on this earth.

I don't know why some of you guys would want to move to California. It's on the shitty end of just about every measuring stick.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saxtorph View Post
    I don't know why some of you guys would want to move to California. It's on the shitty end of just about every measuring stick.
    Only part I am familiar with is Southern Cal, around LA and the surrounding areas. Yeah it sucks. The upper northern part of Cal however might be a nice place to live.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Exerus View Post

Would that be Phoenix City?

OT, Nope. I like it where I live for the most part. I have been to many other cities over the last 30 years and there isn't really one that screams "move here"

Deleted
    All my life, people have been moving away from this awesome little town of mine, usually south to bigger towns (we have no cities in Finland), but I personally have never agreed with the notion that you in any way or form should move anywhere to for example get to a school or to get a job; of course if you absolutely want some job, or want to go to a specific school, then you have to move there, but simply moving away to be employed has never been rational to me. This is my home. I'd rather be, and was for a while, unemployed, than move away from here.

Having said that, I've thought that I'd love to burn the rest of my bridges and disappear, and move somewhere. If I wanted to punish myself, I'd head to Australia, and work for some sheep farmer in the middle of nowhere. I hate the heat, and I hate light. If I could though, I'd most likely move to Alaska or Canada; of those two the latter, as Alaska still is a part of the US, and I'd not want to live in the US, under any circumstances. Alaska is pretty nice, though. Still, Canada would do. Up north, in some great forests, with some lakes, plenty of darkness and cold.

Especially now that we've started to get these +30-35C humid summers here in Finland, lasting several months. I mean, who the hell likes this?

Another option would be to move to McMurdo during the dark season. That'd be nothing short of awesome.

10+ Year Old Account
    Salisbury, Rhodesia & Leiden , The Netherlands
    Always.

As a person who moved 17 times around the globe (21 years old) I don't really have a place to call home. Well, Rhodesia, but that's completely ruined. I'm just used to moving around and I really can't stay too long at the same place because it bores me. I guess it's because I grew up with it and I kind of inherited it from my parents.
    "This is no swaggering askari, no Idi Amin Dada, heavyweight boxing champion of the King's African Rifles, nor some wide shouldered, medal-strewn Nigerian general. This is an altogether more dangerous dictator - an intellectual, a spitefull African Robespierre who has outlasted them all." - The Fear: Robert Mugabe and the martyrdom of Zimbabwe, Peter Godwin.