Page 2 of 45 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    This is why Blizzard can't actually announce anything. You idiots jump on and expect every little piece of content to be delivered straight to you. Things change over the development of an expansion and maybe they feel that content other than Farahlon is needed. Just roll with it and stop bitching, Blizzard will sure as hell shut you up when you play the content.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    NightHaawk rolls a 2 (1-100) on [Thread Topic]
    Chikko: HA HA HA HA
    Chikko rolls a 1 (1-100) on [Thread Topic]
    Chikko: FFFUUUUU

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    So much anger over a video game. O.o Just don't play it if you disagree with their decisions or feel that they're engaging in some sort of conspiracy against you.

Quote Originally Posted by Magewang View Post
    News at 11: promised content gets cut from initial release. Like that hasn't happened before?
    This is the first time they've cut an actual landmass off the freaking map.

That aside, I agree with the OP. Saying "Sorry, we had to cut Faralohn because of time constraints" would be disappointing. Trying to claim that Ashran = Faralohn is just insulting and mangles the lore.

10+ Year Old Account
    It is weird that they play dumb a lot. You're trying to tell me a high on up at Blizzard doesn't know where Farahlon should be? What is the point of feigning ignorance? It's not fooling anyone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Magewang View Post
    News at 11: promised content gets cut from initial release. Like that hasn't happened before?
    That's not the problem. They're now quietly eliminating the patch content they announced at Blizzcon and pretending like it never existed.
    The goddess in my avatar is Hayley Williams.

Quote Originally Posted by 7seti View Post

That aside, I agree with the OP. Saying "Sorry, we had to cut Faralohn because of time constraints" would be disappointing. Trying to claim that Ashran = Faralohn is just insulting and mangles the lore.
    Faralohn was barely even mentioned at Blizzcon and yet now they are cutting landmass off the map? No. Faralohn was a teaser look at patch content WELL before the release of the expansion. Things change and it will be replaced with something else. Get over your sense of entitlement people.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Abstieg View Post
    That's not the problem. They're now quietly eliminating the patch content they announced at Blizzcon and pretending like it never existed.
    "announced"
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    NightHaawk rolls a 2 (1-100) on [Thread Topic]
    Chikko: HA HA HA HA
    Chikko rolls a 1 (1-100) on [Thread Topic]
    Chikko: FFFUUUUU

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by 7seti View Post

I don't really give him that much credit. Now if Metzen said that. I'd facedesk if he said it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrgannus View Post
    It is weird that they play dumb a lot. You're trying to tell me a high on up at Blizzard doesn't know where Farahlon should be? What is the point of feigning ignorance? It's not fooling anyone.
    You mean how they sorta feigned ignorance about Mists of Pandaria trademark? They've done it before and I wouldn't be shocked if they did it again. That doesn't mean they lie, they just feign ignorance at times.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by NightHaawk View Post
    Faralohn was barely even mentioned at Blizzcon and yet now they are cutting landmass off the map? No. Faralohn was a teaser look at patch content WELL before the release of the expansion.
    Yes, they are cutting it off the map. See the big purple island in the NE of the map in the OP? That's Faralohn.

Since people are still missing the point by a mile, this is not about cutting content. It's about HOW they cut content. Faralohn is mentioned repeatedly in BC quests. Netherstorm IS Faralohn. Claiming that it's Ashran now is not only a blatant lie, it's a ret-con just so Blizzard can avoid admitting they ran out of time. Unacceptable.

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean, if they cant get it in as a zone make a few dungeons set there so we at least get to see a small bit of what it would have looked like.

So they're cutting Faralohn too now?
    I can understand things like not renaming garrison NPCs or even Bladespire/Karabor......but an entire zone?

The expansion is beginning to feel more like this =/

Its almost like if they announce something , they are doomed for announcing it . And if they don't announce it out , omg they aren't showing us anything. A zone can't be completed so its not in the game at launch, how does that change your entire game experience ? When you probably only see it once during levelling up then camp in the hub areas.

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    we know blizzard has failed to get everything in on time.

if you want everything in the xpac and blizzard wants to deliver it all, then WoD will be ready sometime 2016, they are not prepared.

so instead of giving us 3 years of SoO which would effectively end warcraft, they rush out as much as possible, that is the best they can do.
    If they were rushing WoD beta or live would've been out in Feb like Metzen said at the last Blizzcon.
    "Do fish have dreams?" - Nick Cage
    The Cage!! In his most primal form!!

it's abyssal maw all over again :/

If they're going to try to claim that Ashran is Farahlon, I wish they'd enlarge it, move it to the correct part of the map, and try to line up the geographical features. Cause it's just not the same place at all:

Netherstorm: http://wow.gamepressure.com/gfx/maps/86.jpg
    Ashran: http://i.imgur.com/lDRzZOG.png

Quote Originally Posted by Moradim View Post
    but the list of cut or "delayed" content is getting absurdly long at this point, isn't it?
    not really.

only true content that was cut was trial and that was cut for a very good reason - it was an awful idea.

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It'll likely be pushed back to another content update where it and Tanaan Jungle will function much in the same way as Isle of Thunder and Timeless Isle.

Perhaps they already have plans for Feralohn but talking about it could create story spoilers?
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah sorry but Farahlon being Ashran is just no. I thought Ashran was supposed to be Deathwing's Island? So if not where is that?

The community perception of all of this baffles me. Things are always cut, remember when the emerald dream was cut form Vanilla? Were we crying then and saying our intelligence was being insulted?

Anyway, I'd rather have less zones at launch if it means more content patches with things to do later. In Mists, if they could have skipped Townlong and dread wastes in 5.0 and added them in later patches and made crossing the wall a big hairy deal in the story, and then followed it up with isle of thunder and timeless isle. It would have given the expansion more legs and honestly, I didn't need all those zones to level up. If they are cutting tennan and making it a later patch thing, awesome! I'm super happy with that. I'd love to see an update cycle where entire zones are put out (or totally re-phased) for every patch.

10+ Year Old Account
    ..... how is he gonna pretend they didn't have plans for it that probably got scrapped? I mean....

Did they officially say Ashran is replacing it? Because I seem to remember them saying it would appear In a content patch.