Page 37 of 46 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Then by all means quote them. You can't.
    The interviews clearly state that they wish theyd introduced LFR differently. Thats what im saying that Blizzard have said... because that is exactly what they have said.

Quote Originally Posted by Endemonadia View Post

Name me ONE part of Wow which has had more discussion than LFR.
    WOD flying

The interviews clearly state that they wish theyd introduced LFR differently. Thats what im saying that Blizzard have said... because that is exactly what they have said.
    So let's see them quotes then. I'm not disagreeing with you btw, but if you insist that's what they've said then you should show them. Otherwise don't say anything if you're not prepared to back up your claims because you might end up looking like a fool.

Blizzard introduced LFR for one reason and one reason only, to see the content.
    Why did they put gear drops then?

Quote Originally Posted by Maniac2 View Post
    To give people who decide they liked the taste of LFR raiding who want to pursue raiding gear that would allow them to help down a boss rather than being dragged across the finish line.

Raid leader, “Man I hate it that people can get tier pieces, epic cloak and trinkets in LFR, that’s friggen welfare purples.”
    Raider, “Yeah I know man, those people suck.”
    Raid leader, “Okay guys, our healer bailed tonight so we need a healer for our alt Flex mode tonight. Ask your friends.”
    Raider, “ALright I will ask my friend.”
    Raider to Raider friend, “Hey man, you have a healer alt right? Are you geared for raiding? We need a pug tonight.”
    Raider Friend, “Yeah I have a Resto shaman, It’s all LFR gear including the 4 set tier pieces, epic cloak and the 2 lfr trinkets.”
    Raider, “I got us a healer tonight!”
    Raid Leader, “Awesome, and I just scored a two piece set off of Celestials by slapping it on the ass when it hit 10%! LoL!”
    Raider, “Sweet!”

- - - Updated - - -

And people don't do LFR to see raid content, they do LFR to experience raid content. You can't do that on youtube.

Deleted
    And people don't do LFR to see raid content, they do LFR to experience raid content. You can't do that on youtube.
    You absolutely do not "experience" raid content in any meaningful way in LFR.

Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    No, you CAN'T completely skip LFR to go after the higher difficulties. Why? Because the only other method of getting gear somewhat-equal to it is weeks upon weeks upon weeks of grinding. You cannot guarantee getting burdens from the Timeless Isle except the first from near Ordos. (Which, by the way, requires you to get a cloak, which requires raiding, and guess what raid you'll have to do to get it since you can't do normals?)
    You can. The options are there. You choose not to. There is a difference between Can't and dont want to.

But essentially you are saying LFR is bad because people can get rewards for no effort but if it requires more effort than LFR then you don't want to do it. That makes you a hypocrit.

Yes, the other ways require valor, gold, timeless coins, rng luck (which LFR requires RNG luck too) and more effort than LFR. Isnt that what you guys want? For gearing up to require more effort? Or is this all just lollypop farts that you guys just make up because it sounds good?

Quote Originally Posted by kingbrab View Post
    You absolutely do not "experience" raid content in any meaningful way in LFR.
    It feels meaningful enough to me. But go ahead and tell me what to think you mighty golden raiding god Adonis!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Maniac2 View Post
    Thats the bit thats connected to them admitting they shouldve implemented it differently.

Look at any of the announcements when LFR was introduced back in Cata and all Blizzard bang on about is how they are now giving everyone a chance to see the content. That was their main motivation for LFR, it wasnt about adding another level of raiding difficulty. It wasnt intended to be part of the raiding progression... but ofc it was implemented as exactly that... The top guilds using the LFR exploit and getting banned proved just how LFR was part of the raiding curve on its inception.
    Last edited by mmoc978ad45763; 2014-08-29 at 03:25 PM.

On my main I didnt need LFR because I went from dungeon blues to normal raid gear and the last tier raid gear took me right to the next tier raid gear without LFR but I would occaisionally level an alt and never did I feel I needed to gear up in LFR.

On my DK alt I ran around timeless isle and it took me 18 days to get a full set of burden gear + the normal raid equivalent tier pants/gloves that fall off celestials and when LFR finally opened wing 1 there was nothing I needed in there and I went directly into Flex as our guilds flex tank. I didn’t need an LFR gear crutch once.

Thats the bit thats connected to them admitting they shouldve implemented it differently.

Look at any of the announcements when LFR was introduced back in Cata and all Blizzard bang on about is how they are now giving everyone a chance to see the content. That was their main motivation for LFR, it wasnt about adding another level of raiding difficulty. It wasnt intended to be part of the raiding progression... but ofc it was implemented as exactly that... The top guilds using the LFR exploit and getting banned proved just how important LFR was on its inception.
    What is the solution, though, to engage players for more than one patch if LFR doesn't drop gear?

I'm pretty sure Blizzard has never said "WE SHOULDN'T OF PUT GEAR IN IT!", rather than "We made the gear too good for our precious sacred raiders!"

Look at any of the announcements when LFR was introduced back in Cata and all Blizzard bang on about is how they are now giving everyone a chance to see the content. That was their main motivation for LFR, it wasnt about adding another level of raiding difficulty. It wasnt intended to be part of the raiding progression... but ofc it was implemented as exactly that... The top guilds using the LFR exploit and getting banned proved just how important LFR was on its inception.
    Lol! Talk about taking things out of context! That was said because when they originally designed LFR the drops could be rolled on as need by almost everyone and they had people needing on gear they already had just to vendor it for 25 gold, or guilds sending in 10 guys that could need on plate so they could pass it to the one person they wanted gear on essentially giving one player 11 need rolls and screwing everyone else over. Or when someone would win an item and offer that someone could buy it from them for 5k gold. Lol! LFR was designed with a 'perfect world mentality' where players were not expeced to be asshats and AFKholes to one another. HAHHAHAHAH!

Quote Originally Posted by Callei View Post
    And they are changing LFR: They're taking you out of it. Problem solved. They're once again bending over backwards to baby the raiders at everyone else's expense because it's been clear as day since BC who they consider their first-class citizens.
    How is that an action that comes at everyone else's expense? That is a BENEFIT to you if they're taking people out of it who have no desire to do it outside of the mandatory upgrades to help their normal/heroic/mythic raid group.

Or are you saying you now have a chip on your shoulder because you can't get carried to free tier gear by real raiders in LFR? That's exactly what it sounds like honestly. Sorry you will no longer be carried to rewards you don't deserve. You poor thing you.

Quote Originally Posted by Donair View Post
    How is that an action that comes at everyone else's expense? That is a BENEFIT to you if they're taking people out of it who have no desire to do it outside of the mandatory upgrades to help their normal/heroic/mythic raid group.

Or are you saying you now have a chip on your shoulder because you can't get carried to free tier gear by real raiders in LFR? That's exactly what it sounds like honestly. Sorry you will no longer be carried to rewards you don't deserve. You poor thing you.
    He's talking about the lack of tier/trinkets to make 1% of the playerbase happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    In case people haven't been made aware yet, Blizzard wants the entirety of their playerbase happy. 1% stops doing LFR and the other 49% who do LFR no longer have to deal with the 1% who complain about how bad LFR is.

Everyone wins. So he still doesn't have a point.
    I bet you a nickle those people won't even stop running LFR, and will complain it's mandatory until it pretty much drops no loot at all. It's a solution that SHOULD just be solved by shared lockouts, tbh, not by changing loot.

Quote Originally Posted by Otiswhitaker View Post
    I bet you a nickle those people won't even stop running LFR, and will complain it's mandatory until it pretty much drops no loot at all. It's a solution that SHOULD just be solved by shared lockouts, tbh, not by changing loot.
    As someone who hates doing LFR, I don't see any reason to do LFR in WoD. Maybe in the first week but by the time it gets released, I would very likely have equal or better gear to it. I don't see any reason to do it and even if there were a few upgrades, you should be able to farm heroics to get LFR gear if I remember correctly. Much much more desirable group to work with in 5mans with buddies than working with idiots in LFR. Also the % of people who hate LFR is a lot higher than 1%.

Quote Originally Posted by therayeffect View Post
    As someone who hates doing LFR, I don't see any reason to do LFR in WoD. Maybe in the first week but by the time it gets released, I would very likely have equal or better gear to it. I don't see any reason to do it and even if there were a few upgrades, you should be able to farm heroics to get LFR gear if I remember correctly. Much much more desirable group to work with in 5mans with buddies than working with idiots in LFR. Also the % of people who hate LFR is a lot higher than 1%.
    The only reason these people continue to hem and haw about LFR is that a majority of players can experience it at all when they want it to be a reward for the few. The logic fail is that if there is no LFR then blizzard will have to spend more resources on end game content for casuals and less on raiding. Currently they shave off a pale imitation of raid content and throw it to the masses for them to consume while continuing to expend ALL the resources on raiders.

Look at Wildstar, once you hit 50 you can raid or you can die. If you are not a raider, or capable of expending the time a raid group will require, then your endgame ends once you hit 50 and buy crafted gear off the auction house. The only attempt at making end game was adventures (long scenarios) and dailies all of which give crappier gear than crafted gear. So why do 32 days of the same dailies over and over for something worse than you bought? The population on the game has dropped off far faster than expected, with only 2 US servers with a medium pop. They have no non-raid content to keep non-raiders in the game.

There is no way Blizzard is going to replicate that 'experiment', so they will have to create content to feed casuals, and currently that means producing really great raids and then making a weak copy of it for casuals to spend months consuming. If they spend time creating other content you will get less raid content.

And don't give me that crap about hiring more developers as Blizz said that since they brought in new talent they spent so much time fitting them in that they added 50% more production time to what they wanted to release wod.

And yes, if you don't want LFR because you don't like it and there are alternatives and you don't want to do it because it is grind and you don't like grind the reason you don't like grind is because you don't like the effort you have to put into the grind to complete it. Thus it makes you a hypocrit if you hate LFR because it requires no effort and yet wont do the alternatives because it requires effort.

You can call it grind, I call it effort. Its the same damn thing. Tomato Tomahto.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    I will probably run LFR when it opens for some easy gear if I am missing a couple of pieces. I really don't think I will have full Normal/Heroic gear by the time it opens up in 4 weeks unless I am the luckiest lootwhoringest guy that has ever lived. Also I doubt there's many good alternatives because crafting those epic upgrades looks like it takes a long time and there's not gonna be any VP (or VP gear). Chances are, I'm gonna be hard up for a ring, trinket or something else hard to get, for my off spec if nothing else. I'm going to be sitting there and thinking "do I want to suffer retards for half an hour to get a chance at something?" and the answer is yes, yes I am.

The end result is I'd rather not run LFR but I will because it gives me something. That means I both like and don't like the LFR. If there was an alternative that was harder and longer, I'd probably bother with it once but be put off from ever dealing with it again.
    Paladin Bash has spoken.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can call it grind, I call it effort. Its the same damn thing.
    the difference is LFR is guarenteed success, what with the ramping determination buff.
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    the difference is LFR is guarenteed success, what with the ramping determination buff.
    Not for everyone. Many people will leave the raid if it starts to ramp up.