Page 43 of 46 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragedaug View Post
    The only raids players were pugging in before Gearscore was Karazhan and Naxx 80. Both of which were easier entry raids that you could start with quest greens, which is why there was no gear score required.

You didn't pug into anything higher than T4 in BC without being attuned, which still makes me wonder how you got guilds that you weren't in to pug you through attunement.
    Well yea I didn't. I did Champion of the Naaru by pugging but nothing above that in TBC, but early Wrath was pugger's paradise with Naxx, Obsidian Sanctum and that Wintergrasp boss. Even Eye of Eternity was pugged somewhat. After that is was all downhill, and when ICC hit I quit because I couldn't raid any more.

Quote Originally Posted by Dilbon View Post
    Well yea I didn't. I did Champion of the Naaru by pugging but nothing above that in TBC, but early Wrath was pugger's paradise with Naxx, Obsidian Sanctum and that Wintergrasp boss. Even Eye of Eternity was pugged somewhat. After that is was all downhill, and when ICC hit I quit because I couldn't raid any more.
    "After that is was all downhill, and when ICC hit I quit because I couldn't get carried any more."

I fixt that for you.

I had the gear score addon. I'm well familiar with it. I've been kicked from a pug because the raid leader didn't know how to use gearscore, so I'm familiar with how it was misused. Beyond that, I was able to pug into ICC 25 every week on several of my non-guild-raiding alts. It was very easy to pug in ICC, gearscore just made it so you wouldn't get carried. You actually had to work on your own gear first.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    This thread is still up?
    Yes, it is still up...

Quote Originally Posted by Ragedaug View Post
    I had the gear score addon. I'm well familiar with it. I've been kicked from a pug because the raid leader didn't know how to use gearscore, so I'm familiar with how it was misused. Beyond that, I was able to pug into ICC 25 every week on several of my non-guild-raiding alts. It was very easy to pug in ICC, gearscore just made it so you wouldn't get carried. You actually had to work on your own gear first.
    Thing is, I did have the gear and the skill, but I just hated the gearscore thing in general so when I was asked to show my stuff I refused and so couldn't get in any group.

Quote Originally Posted by Callei View Post
    If you're running on such a narrow performance margin that 10 item levels makes or breaks your numbers in Flex, you may not be as good as you think you are considering progression guilds down bosses on Normal in 5-man blues every expansion.
    If you think 10 item level is trivial then you have no idea about raiding. It is (with like 15% ish increase in power) can trivialize fights that would otherwise be very difficult (and lets you progress latter bosses faster)
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGamer030 View Post
    I do not need to be constructive in this thread, nor provide an argument. There is nothing here to actually debate. Your reasoning is flawed and thusly you have no argument.
    ↑ Epitome of Internet Logic

Quote Originally Posted by Dilbon View Post
    Thing is, I did have the gear and the skill, but I just hated the gearscore thing in general so when I was asked to show my stuff I refused and so couldn't get in any group.
    Sure man...you're the king. Well, the good news is that I'm sure the pugging community was happy you dropped out of the pool.

10+ Year Old Account
    Never said that would be a bad thing. What I am saying, though, is that 10 item levels rarely makes or breaks a raid unless they're biting off more than they can chew--guilds like Sinndor's who silmutaneously require LFR for min-maxing and bitch about it notwithstanding.
    Given the usual complaints about LFR gear and drop rates the entire thought of requiring LFR for min-maxing purposes in the next expansion makes the mind reel.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Given the usual complaints about LFR gear and drop rates the entire thought of requiring LFR for min-maxing purposes in the next expansion makes the mind reel.
    Yeah, what sort of scrubtastic raid guild is going to demand everyone spend however long gearing up in LFR when you can just bang on heroic dungeons and be ready to rock in like a few days? Anyone decent will have replaced their heroic dungeon loot directly with normal raid loot before the guy in LFR even finishes squeezing out all 15 extra measly item levels.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zagnut View Post
    Yeah, what sort of scrubtastic raid guild is going to demand everyone spend however long gearing up in LFR when you can just bang on heroic dungeons and be ready to rock in like a few days? Anyone decent will have replaced their heroic dungeon loot directly with normal raid loot before the guy in LFR even finishes squeezing out all 15 extra measly item levels.
    Yep but for the new player we will not invite to our guild any player with itemlevel lower then flex. You know not everyone (pretty much most of players) start at release of exp. And those new players will not have single chance to join guilds with just 5 man dungeong gear so they have to farm lfr, get bored then leave the game. This is reason why is game stop getting new players, becouse they are just not interest in rading thanks to LFR shity desing.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinndor View Post
    This is reason why is game stop getting new players, becouse they are just not interest in rading thanks to LFR shity desing.
    I have a secret for you: the game is 10 years old.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    I have a secret for you: the game is 10 years old.
    You could read that?
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

You could read that?
    My brother is a retard. He translated it for me.

Yep but for the new player we will not invite to our guild any player with itemlevel lower then flex. You know not everyone (pretty much most of players) start at release of exp. And those new players will not have single chance to join guilds with just 5 man dungeong gear so they have to farm lfr, get bored then leave the game. This is reason why is game stop getting new players, becouse they are just not interest in rading thanks to LFR shity desing.
    they will have a choice and the choice will be spam cms for lfr quality drops - and if they wont be able to complete it - well its on them and its their fault .
    nd stop spreading this nonsense about hving to run lfr - my last 2 alts never touched soo lfr - only lfr they did was mv and tot for sigils/secrets/runestones - and yet after 8 reset they sit on 560 itlv so stop spreading nonsense how lfr is nessesary for gearing up

10+ Year Old Account
    We brought people in for a tryout and if they could play well enough and needed to be geared up we helped out with that. Better to find good players who can fit in. Applying pug rules to guild entry would probably reduce my interest in raiding too. Although it's pretty clear than an LFR achievement is useless for moving up.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

I think that it is funny Blizzard found a way to give everyone that plays the game their at least a little bit of the cake, but the fat kids are so angry that they had to share!

Quote Originally Posted by Endemonadia View Post
    u say that as if the game wasnt accessible back then... 12million players say it was fine and accessible back then.
    I said the game is more accessible now. If contents were accessible, why do we have more raiding difficulties now, LFD and LFR? If Blizzard was happy with the numbers of players doing these contents, then why spend developing them? Or could it that that decided to make these contents more accessible?

Quote Originally Posted by Endemonadia View Post
    The point is that its impossible to know the exact reasons why players left... hell even the form u complete on the Blizzard site when u quit doesnt cover much, the form sucks. I know cos ive done it.

But i think its safe to say that when the game was at its peak, from TBC through to Wrath, the game was doing something right and since then something went wrong. I dont subscribe to the bullshit that players just got bored and the game got old. Im confident if Blizzard had made better decisions for the games design direction they wouldve had a much better chance at holding onto a bigger playerbase than they have now.

Im sure they regret certain decisions theyve made.
    So you say you do not know. I do not know and even Blizzard do not know. But you don't believe that people can get bored with the game. Let me ask you, do you still play the games you did 5 years ago? 10 years ago? 20 years ago? Or maybe TV series that you have stopped watching?

You may not want to subscribe to the idea but people do get bored playing the same game for several years.

I am sure the have and have mentioned some. Whether things would have been better or worse, no-one knows. And even then, it will be relative. What you may consider a good change others would consider bad and vice versa. Your views on LFR is a good example. You consider it a bad design. Others disagree. You are no more correct than the others.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalika View Post
    I think that it is funny Blizzard found a way to give everyone that plays the game their at least a little bit of the cake, but the fat kids are so angry that they had to share!
    But the fat kids actually want the cake. Everyone else fat shames them for it.

Nobody cares. LFR is here forever, Wildstar flopped, and "hardcore MMO gaming" is virtually dead. You'll get your harder difficulty versions of the same content everyone else gets, but nobody is going to give you more than that anymore. What's more, none of you have ever successfully articulated why they SHOULD give you more, other than to feebly whine that this decade-old MMORPG would have totally never ever lost subscribers if only they'd listened to you.

Yes we also can down bosses with 5man hc gear. But it doesnt mean that we can also down it faster in LFR gear and jump into mythic faster. Sorry dude but i will disapoint you. Normal mod is balanced for normal(flex). And we are clearing normal(heroic) firsrt week after release. And next week we start progress trought mythic. But at this point lot of us is still in only 5man hc dungeon gear. So we will use LFR and flex as source for replacing that 5 man hc dungeon gear. And i dare you to not even try to do it.
    I was planning to do challenge mode dungeons each day for the LFR gear drops. My understanding is that all you need to do is complete the challenge mode dungeon (no metal required) to get an LFR gear piece. Is that no longer the case?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden View Post
    I was planning to do challenge mode dungeons each day for the LFR gear drops. My understanding is that all you need to do is complete the challenge mode dungeon (no metal required) to get an LFR gear piece. Is that no longer the case?
    It's a chance at an LFR piece. It's not guaranteed.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Firebert View Post
    It's a chance at an LFR piece. It's not guaranteed.
    I looked back a ways for a summary of Watcher's hour-long interview at Wowhead and they say--perhaps incorrectly--that the daily CM quest will offer a random piece of LFR loot. It doesn't say 'chance' it just says it will. I'm not going to listen to the entire interview just to find out that he said one thing and perhaps clarified it later somewhere else.

But if people think that it's something more than a chance this is where it comes from.

http://www.wowhead.com/news=237128/w...of-draneor-pve