Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Will you race change in WoD or roll a race you normally don't play?

I didn't see a thread on it, either that or I'm blind. Anyway, I was curious as to what people would use their boosts on or if they are contemplating race changing a class they currently play, either due to the new aesthetics or racials.

Currently I'm torn between boosting an Orc or a Tauren for a Warrior. I might race change my Tauren Shaman to an Orc as well but I'm mostly on the fence about the Warrior bit. I'm not really a min/maxer in terms of racials but if I had to, from the looks of it, Tauren seem to edge out over Orc for Prot Warrior tanking and even DPS specs if said Tauren has a decent-to-high crit chance(due to 2% more crit damage). Orcs just have Blood Fury and the stun thing still, right?

Anyway, what about you? Contemplating a race change or what to boost your WoD toon on if you haven't done so? If you did boost, what race was it and did you make that choice because of the new looks/racials that are coming?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakpoth View Post
    I find it unreasonable to ask for other than obvious reasons, when the reason obviously is the obvious reason.
    Armory: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch.../dalaran/ryuji

Song that's currently stuck in my head: pretty much anything from Dance With the Dead

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably won't race change the characters I already have (NE, Pandaren, BE, Draenei) but I probably will make some new characters. I love human females, such an improvement. Might make a tauren female, too. Troll females are pretty epic though as well... >.>

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm thinking about making an alt Night Elf, not sure what class it would be though.

I'm thinking about monk or hunter boost but I can't decide :P My main is tauren shaman and I wanted to change him for dwarf but when I saw new tauren model... Man I'll never change race!

Deleted
    Depends how new models will look when they are finished. If human male looks like caveman (like it does in new video), i may change my paladin to draenei (maybe even male one as they look better than live ones IMO). I'm not really fan of new fem nelf faces so i could change my DK to fem draenei etc. I have 9 lvl90 toons but i don't care that much about my "lesser" alts' looks.

But at least blizzard will get my money through few face changes...

15+ Year Old Account
    If they don't fix tauren females, troll druid may become my new main.

That said, gnomes look a lot better than ever, so I may roll a gnome warrior or something for the cute factor alone.

Sig by Isilrien

not really a fan of any of the new alliance models, nothing as compelling to me as the horde ones anyway. Might make my horde characters undead, trolls don't look too bad either.

Deleted
    Gnome gnome gnoooooome

Blood Elf since 2007. I have a streak (that was temporarily broken from March 2012 to September 2012) with Blood Elves, and I have no intention of changing.

I love the idea of Horde Paladins, but don't care much for Tauren.
    Whoever loves let him flourish. / Let him perish who knows not love. / Let him perish twice who forbids love. - Pompeii

Still planning on keeping my fem Draenei Shaman as my main, but I really hope Blizz backtracks on their faces to more what "Daughter of Argus" reveal showed.

10+ Year Old Account
    I used to play female Gnomes, but I don't like their reskined textures. On the other Hand I really like what they did to the female Dwarfs so it is very possible for me rerolling a female Dwarf. (If they don't change the Gnomes face features before launch)

I probably won't be playing my gnome if they look so creepy, and the ruined my night elf faces, so I'm still hoping they have a lot of work to still do on them. Draenei need to look more like the artcraft, their eyes are way too big and silly looking. Thinking of rolling a fem orc they seem to be the only ones I've liked so far (outside of artcraft which none of the races seem to look like), my female forsaken is ruined.

Well in terms of the boost, I'm going to be using mine on a race/class combo I already have. Human Priest. The reason being, I server transfered for WOD. On my original server I have every class @ 90, but it's much easier to transfer my main and then boost an alt instead of paying for another transfer. (I only need 1 alt on my "mains" server).

As for trying out other races.... probably not. They're only updating the models, not changing them, and the reasons I don't play certain races will still exist.

10+ Year Old Account
    I considered change from orc female to blood elf female, depends how belf will look. Sadly blizz not gonna introduce belfs at start but in a content patch. It will be too late for me because of raiding.

I was slightly concerned about the look of troll male until I realised he is obviously not finished yet (which I consider to be a mistake that Chris released a model that is not well modeled and textured yet, since it made community worried and dissapointed). I'll wait how they will appear in build, to make my final judgement, if I won't recognise my character (which is very unlikely, becuase I actually like the face), then I probably reroll to fem pandaren.

It was always my back-up plan xD
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

Quote Originally Posted by Ramz View Post
    I was slightly concerned about the look of troll male until I realised he is obviously not finished yet (which I consider to be a mistake that Chris released a model that is not well modeled and textured yet, since it made community worried and dissapointed). I'll wait how they will appear in build, to make my final judgement, if I won't recognise my character (which is very unlikely, becuase I actually like the face), then I probably reroll to fem pandaren.

It was always my back-up plan xD
    To be fair, that is how they handled all of them. Released them when they were close but not yet completely done. That being said, if you really don't like it they are adding a way to disable it so you see your old model.

OT: Nope. More concerned about what class to main .

10+ Year Old Account
    probably won't. playing an orc male and they look great with the HD models

I absolutely hate the new Night elf model. There, I said it. Just changed my druid to Worgen which I normally never play.

Deleted
    By the looks of it, no. Was considering race changing to male human but they seem to have have had their textures and face upgraded, not the terrible model.

Dwarf models are awesome so I will stick to my dwarves. I will roll some new alts and use races that I never picked because I didn't like the models, but now they look great (undead, tauren, human for example).