Confirmation that was Mannoroth?

Is there any real confirmation from them that that was Mannoroth? Just curious because other than the main universe plot with Mannoroth being involved, how do we know for sure that was Mannoroth in this universe and not another pit lord?

Also, just posting this because it's a funny coincidence, but http://poizon.p.o.pic.centerblog.net/2z218bld.jpg

He almost looks like he's in the exact same position as the cinematic pit lord when he gets hit by the iron star and chained with the lance or whatever. Still a different universe so it's just coincidence, but pretty neat.

10+ Year Old Account
    As cool as it would have been to fight mannoroth in WoD (was kind of hoping for it,) I think it's pretty darn safe to assume that was him in the cinematic. It was his demon blood, and the cinematic matches up heavily with the warcraft 3 cinematic.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Deleted
    If you'd know anything about the lore and also possessed some common sense, you wouldn't need to ask this question.

Quote Originally Posted by Vornos1 View Post
    If you'd know anything about the lore and also possessed some common sense, you wouldn't need to ask this question.
    This is not helpful; the OP was honestly confused, and your acting as f everyone should be able to distinguish Megetherdion from Mannoroth from random Anihillian #42.

OT: Presumably, it was Mannoroth. However, it could be, though unlikely, that it was an unamed pit lord, and Mannoroth is being saved as a raid boss during the final tier of WoD, as Chilton confirmed it will have heavy Legion influences.

Quote Originally Posted by Vornos1 View Post
    I do know about the lore. I also know that the lore is irrelevant in an expansion in which we're going to an ALTERNATE UNIVERSE 35 YEARS IN THE PAST. Most importantly, ALTERNATE UNIVERSE. Things are a bit different, and while I assume it's Mannoroth, it doesn't mean that there was technically any proof in the cinematic at least that it was Mannoroth other than the similarities of it to our timeline and the assumptions we reach based on those similarities.

As far as I see it, it could TECHNICALLY be any pit lord. It's just safest to assume Mannoroth.

If you had any manners you would have kept your snide little remark to yourself.

Thanks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian Stormclaw View Post
    This is not helpful; the OP was honestly confused, and your acting as f everyone should be able to distinguish Megetherdion from Mannoroth from random Anihillian #42.

OT: Presumably, it was Mannoroth. However, it could be, though unlikely, that it was an unamed pit lord, and Mannoroth is being saved as a raid boss during the final tier of WoD, as Chilton confirmed it will have heavy Legion influences.
    As far as I'm aware, though, most pit lords don't wear armor, as Mannoroth did.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian Stormclaw View Post

Thank you. I'm well aware of the 98% PROBABILITY that it is Mannoroth. But it is possible that it could have been another pit lord. If everyone can scream red herring about Grom being the true final boss until we get confirmation that he is and that legion is involved, then it's not like I can't speculate that it's possible this could have been someone other than Mannoroth.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    As far as I'm aware, though, most pit lords don't wear armor, as Mannoroth did.
    I was just brining it up because I was thinking about it as I was fighting Brut in Sunwell. Still no bow.

But he does have armor, granted he's kind of insignificant and seemed like more of a... "Oh we should add a pit lord to this raid" boss. But I'm not too familiar with all of the Sunwell or Quel'Thalas lore.

Quote Originally Posted by ddd View Post
    As ddd said, the comic shows that Gul'dan explains that they will be meeting Mannoroth on top of the mountain.

Well, it was Mannaroth's exact armor and his weapon, and he dies with equal power and it was his blood. Not to mention it was an expansion cinematic to herald the main difference between timelines. I'd say it's very safe to say with certainty that it was Mannaroth.

Quote Originally Posted by cptaylor38 View Post
    I do know about the lore. I also know that the lore is irrelevant in an expansion in which we're going to an ALTERNATE UNIVERSE 35 YEARS IN THE PAST. Most importantly, ALTERNATE UNIVERSE. Things are a bit different, and while I assume it's Mannoroth, it doesn't mean that there was technically any proof in the cinematic at least that it was Mannoroth other than the similarities of it to our timeline and the assumptions we reach based on those similarities.

As far as I see it, it could TECHNICALLY be any pit lord. It's just safest to assume Mannoroth.

If you had any manners you would have kept your snide little remark to yourself.

Thanks.
    Yes it is, Mannoroth. There isn't any confirmation needed. Because it can't be anyone else. They wouldn't put just about any Pitlord, in a cinematic, for Grom to kill, the same way it happened in WC3.

It wouldn't make sense for it to be anyone other than Mannoroth, for lore reasons, and for the fact that it's a blatant throwback to the WC3 cinematic.

I mean, c'mon. It's obvious.

"35 years ago" orcs drank blood of Mannoroth in Draenor. So it's obvious that it's Mannoroth, demons don't know that Garrosh came to Draenor with Kairozdormu.