Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    It didn't work for China either.

But really the only way to stop it is to make the economic conditions where they're from as good as those here, or at least sufficiently OK that they stop feeling the need to uproot their entire lives and deal with the risks that go along with illegal border running.
    That's not what is going to happen.

Were VERY close to solving the Mexico-US border issue.

What will happen is robots will take over low paying and menial jobs. Robots will run the supermarkets, restaurants and shopping malls. They will also replace migrant workers when it comes to basic hard manual labor like gardening, simple construction projects, movers, etc. Robots will UNDERCUT migrant works in the US. Migrants will have no choice but to return home to find work in Mexico. In fact, we are projected to see REVERSE immigration after 2025, as illegals in the US fight to cross the border back over to Mexico to find work.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    http://energy.gov/lpo/projects#buttn

Topic:
    Yes, we're such a moral, upstanding, compassionate Christian nation that we're going to leave landmines on the border.

Really? Who comes up with this stuff?
    We don't need to leave landmines on the border. We can just sunder the ground that separates Mexico from the United States into a gigantic canyon.

It'll give jobs to demolition workers and solve our problem.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TZK203 View Post
    We don't need to leave landmines on the border. We can just sunder the ground that separates Mexico from the United States into a gigantic canyon.

and how do you propose we do that to a river?

10+ Year Old Account

So..any sort of transportation between the two countries would have to be by air, or by water? o.0

Quote Originally Posted by Grummgug View Post
    What will happen is robots will take over low paying and menial jobs. Robots will run the supermarkets, restaurants and shopping malls. They will also replace migrant workers when it comes to basic hard manual labor like gardening, simple construction projects, movers, etc. Robots will UNDERCUT migrant works in the US. Migrants will have no choice but to return home to find work in Mexico. In fact, we are projected to see REVERSE immigration after 2025, as illegals in the US fight to cross the border back over to Mexico to find work.
    I, for one, welcome our new robot overlords. At least they might actually be able to clean up the mess we left behind when they exterminate all of humanity.
    Sig/ava made by the amazing Elyssia! ♥

Why is this more viable to you than actually helping these countries economically? It's not as though we're blameless in why a lot of these countries have ended up the way they have, and we sure as hell throw money at less useful things.

You won't fix the immigration issue by killing people, or making it even harder to cross, or anything like that. You'll fix it by making it unnecessary to come here.

15+ Year Old Account
    Despite popular theories, robots will never replace $2/hr labor you pick up from the curb side.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

there are only illegals as long as are people paying them to do manual labor, when you guys stop giving them money to paint your house, or do your garden, then maybe they will stop comming...

it's a snowball effect honestly

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zharradan View Post
    there are only illegals as long as are people paying them to do manual labor, when you guys stop giving them money to paint your house, or do your garden, then maybe they will stop comming...

Texans: We want illegals out! *Hires one for $2 to mow their lawn*
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by Zharradan View Post

Spoken like someone who has no idea how immigration/migrant labor works. I rather enjoy paying .90 for lettuce.

Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    Texans: We want illegals out! *Hires one for $2 to mow their lawn*
    I pay my illegals $20. Where are you getting your false information from?
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    We have had multiple threads of white people complaining that black people were offended over some racist thing some white person said.
    Here we have a thread of white people offended over something some racist black person said.
    The key difference is that the white people in this thread aren't being told "shut up stop being offended get over it."

Quote Originally Posted by dashflash890 View Post
    I pay my illegals $20. Where are you getting your false information from?
    You're paying too much.:P

Quote Originally Posted by Lyese View Post
    Spoken like someone who has no idea how immigration/migrant labor works. I rather enjoy paying .90 for lettuce.
    It's nice that you enjoy your illegal labor, but some of us enjoy the product of labor standards and how it affects the labor market for the rest of us.

Also, you may want to consider that the IMF and other major financial analysts are noting the impact of economic inequality and poverty on developed economies and you may want to look into some of the left wing critiques of NAFTA.

It's basically destroying indigenous farmers and replacing them with factory farms and destroying protections for indigenous laborerers while evaporating labor standards in the US.

Oh, not to mention you're outright defending illegal hiring and labor practices because it brings you cheap lettuce. It's a cute post.

Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    Don't like it? Then Mexico should complain about that, not about us making some meaningless gesture to secure our borders against their problems.
    Speaking as a European, it doesn't really seem like Mexico has a problem with its emmigration.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by Redfingers View Post
    It's nice that you enjoy your illegal labor, but some of us enjoy the product of labor standards and how it affects the labor market for the rest of us.

Also, you may want to consider that the IMF and other major financial analysts are noting the impact of economic inequality and poverty on developed economies and you may want to look into some of the left wing critiques of NAFTA.

It's basically destroying indigenous farmers and replacing them with factory farms and destroying protections for indigenous laborerers while evaporating labor standards in the US.

Oh, not to mention you're outright defending illegal hiring and labor practices because it brings you cheap lettuce. It's a cute post.
    Maximum jimmies rustled, it seems. I'm being sarcastic (as if my previous post wasn't indicative) and illustrating the point that immigrant labor has become a bit of a "necessary evil," if you will. Even if it were possible to snap our fingers and make immigrants disappear, the resulting fall out would probably crash agricultural TX, not to mention the loss of money in federal aid put into the system by parents of anchor babies. Putting guns/robots/bombs on the border solves none of this. Actually fixing our broken immigration system would.

Oh, and as for "destroying indigenous farmers," the government's already doing that with harsher restrictions and codes on farmable land, in addition to standards on goods produced (the cheese thing comes to mind) that punish smaller farms while bigger companies have more resources to get around it. It's just that Texas really doesn't give a toss about most of it, anyway, as "federal laws" are usually viewed as "gubermint suggestions".
    Last edited by Lyese; 2014-08-17 at 05:43 AM.

I have 0 issue with soldiers on that mexican border.

Or auto tracking turrets

sharks with laser beams on the freakin heads.

mile high walls.

Landmine fields.

Doesn't bother me in the least.
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

Remember your history lessons? Russia sent ships to guard our borders, to stop the south from getting help/aid from other countries. During the Civil War.

Quote Originally Posted by Bytch View Post
    Remember your history lessons? Russia sent ships to guard our borders, to stop the south from getting help/aid from other countries. During the Civil War.
    I think "forgetting history" is one of mankind's top 5 things they do best.

Quote Originally Posted by Lyese View Post
    I think "forgetting history" is one of mankind's top 5 things they do best.
    They could try making it relevant and not mindcrushingly boring at school; but the cynic in me is convinced they keep it to irrelevant thousand year old rubbish for the intent purpose of raising another generation of soldiers

EDIT: To be fair, I've no idea what history you study in America
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    They could try making it relevant and not mindcrushingly boring at school; but the cynic in me is convinced they keep it to irrelevant thousand year old rubbish for the intent purpose of raising another generation of soldiers

EDIT: To be fair, I've no idea what history you study in America
    The wrong kind. Thomas Edison didn't steal any inventions, Albert Einstein came willingly to the US, we were totally socking it to those British cunts in the 1770's, etc. You know, the usual "winners write history books" version.