Page 1 of 2
LastLast

[WOD] Any changes in mechanics that hurt soloing?

Are there any changes in WOD that make it harder to solo like removing ae damage reduction?

Quote Originally Posted by kaltra View Post
    Are there any changes in WOD that make it harder to solo like removing ae damage reduction?
    Solo'ing in WoD is actually pretty good with a few issues to note; they've number passed a lot of older content from before so if you go into any T11 - T13 raids even in 25H you'll destroy bosses quite easily.

Glyph of Misdirection has been removed and was supposed to be baked into misdirecting your pet but this is bugged at the moment so it is a little annoying for solo'ing. Assuming they fix this though that means you'll be able to take endless wrath glyph instead which is a positive change. For your other two glyphs you'll still generally be taking Animal Bond and Mending as per usual. Cower has been removed; however as BM taking Adaptation and having your pet have all 3 specs seems to make up for it. There is no point in using a turtle anymore for solo'ing; it does not give any buffs where as the shale spider gives stats/crit/50% dmg reduction (same buff turtle gives) Also on beta they have fixed being able to use a spell like "Spirit Mend" dismiss that particular spirit beast; then call a separate spirit beast and use yet another spirit mend. This unfortunately is a nerf; but was bound to happen sooner or later as it is probably considered a "bug" in the realm of blizzard logic.

I've been pleasantly surprised with the MoP raid bosses and their solo challenge level as a hunter on a pre-made 660; they are definitely not tuned to faceroll by yourself; but provide interesting and fun challenges although I'm sure with real level 100 PvE gear they will be a little easier for some.

If the tier set bonus that has a chance to reset the CD on BW after using a KC goes live; that in synergy with the endless wrath glyph has the potential to make us incredibly strong solo'ists. My opinion overall is that aside from the misdirection bug (assuming this is gonna get fixed) and losing cower the changes overall for us from a solo perspective are actually buffs.
    Last edited by Shoot-; 2014-08-02 at 05:28 AM.

Glyph of Misdirect will return. I'm pretty sure about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Yindoo View Post
    If your pet "dies" under the effect of "endless wrath", it loses the aggro.

Besides Cover & MD Glyph we did not lose anything, but we gained the multistrike stat, which allows to Mend Pet to multistrike.
    This is actually pretty interesting that Multi-Strike affects mend pet and I did not know this though I can confirm based on some logs on I did yesterday while trying to solo some stuff. I was not enchanted/geared towards multi-strike on the character I used but it accounted for about 7% of the ticks on my mend; the other 93% being normal regular ticks. I'm curious how this functions when you have a lot more multi-strike and might give that a few tests.

EDIT; As of latest build multi-strike no longer affecting mend pet ticks.
    Last edited by Shoot-; 2014-08-05 at 04:03 AM.

They said that Pets will take like 3x damage from bosses in WoD(only the melee attacks that is), hoping this only affects current tier content.

Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    They said that Pets will take like 3x damage from bosses in WoD(only the melee attacks that is), hoping this only affects current tier content.
    MoP Bosses still hurt but are tankable with CDs on the beta atm; so this is probably true although I could see WoD bosses not being soloable at all or perhaps at least until future tiers; i.e. solo'ing a T17 10 player normal/heroic boss in T19 gear similar to how you can solo some T14 stuff in T16 gear in today's live.

Wrong.

https://twitter.com/WatcherDev/statu...03984423100419

What spawned this false info was the following tweet (in the conversation above) from Watcher:
    "Many raid bosses are flagged to do triple damage when meleeing player pets. We really don't want pets tanking raid bosses."

However, this is NOT a change for WoD. As he says clearly in a later tweet:
    "This has been this way for literally 5 years. It's not some new system. Pet classes can solo just fine despite it."

Pretty sure you can add Elegon to that list.

I've noticed when duoing Elegon, that my pet can take 1-2 hits while he resets stacks. But when I've attempted to solo, I've seen 350k hits back to back (vs Tenacity pet, so not crits). Yet the damage to me when my pet dies is significantly lower, at least in white damage.
    I'll give it another whirl, but it felt ridiculous.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post
    Glyph of Misdirect will return. I'm pretty sure about that.
    It's back in new build.

Quote Originally Posted by Nogz View Post
    It's back in new build.
    Yeah. Feels good to be right once in a while.

Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post
    Yeah. Feels good to be right once in a while.
    Doesn't it? . Also the re-done MD towards the pet is super responsive in comparison to how it is on live; try glyphing it and then mashing your MD macro; it looks pretty awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoot- View Post
    MoP Bosses still hurt but are tankable with CDs on the beta atm; so this is probably true although I could see WoD bosses not being soloable at all or perhaps at least until future tiers; i.e. solo'ing a T17 10 player normal/heroic boss in T19 gear similar to how you can solo some T14 stuff in T16 gear in today's live.
    Which bosses would that be? Stone Guards completely crushed my pet even on 10N. That was about a month or so ago too though, so maybe something changed. The bleed destroyed my tank pet in ~30 seconds or less.

Reminds me of situations in the LFR where a fucking pet was tanking the boss for over a minute. Or in heroics where retarded hunters who didn't turn off growl had their pets not dying from bosses and tanking them like the actual tank did and you couldn't even let the boss kill the pet because the damn thing just didn't fucking die. That's just stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Yindoo View Post
    Growl does not "fucking work" against LFR bosses since they released LFR.
    Somehow the boss had this pet targeted for a whole minute. Dunno why then.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where everything is bitter. Especially me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyboard Champion View Post
    Probably because the hunter was geared and the tank wasnt. Either way, healers had an easier time because of it. Quit complaining about irrelevant content.
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    *bro fist*
    Main - My Youtube Channel - Useful PvP Items - Hunter Pet Spreadsheet - Music and Stuff

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyboard Champion View Post
    I once face tanked Gara'jal on my warlock (no, not with Dark Apotheosis -- I was destro) for about 3 minutes because neither of the tanks seemed to know the significance of Banishment or what a taunt button is. That must have been some crazily geared hunter, though, if the pet alone was generating more threat than the #2 dps.

I've seen the pet tank thing too many times to count on LFR and Flex PUG trash, though.

But that's not the reason for the triple-damage pet-splat mechanic. Blizzard put that in a few years ago on some bosses to discourage cheese tactics. Sadly, they haven't removed this code from these bosses as the content becomes obsolete; I can pet tank heroic Ragnaros, but normal Domo seriously tears into my pet. It's a pain in the butt.
    Last edited by Kaeth; 2014-08-11 at 06:12 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    It's not that hard to accidentally pull threat to your pet. I use a misdirect macro to MD my focus target or my pet if I don't have a focus target, and I get in the habit of spamming my misdirect. If I forget to set a focus target or take off glyph of misdirect my pet ends up tanking in LFR all the time.

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bontar View Post
    I use a misdirect macro to MD my focus target or my pet if I don't have a focus target, and I get in the habit of spamming my misdirect. If I forget to set a focus target or take off glyph of misdirect my pet ends up tanking in LFR all the time.
    But MD threat is reset after 30 seconds. The actual tank has to have seriously horrible threat (unless the target is pet-tauntable) for MD to matter after the first ten seconds.

I hope they'll fix MD where it doesn't trigger its CD until actually used to transfer threat.