Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I completed this quest and did not get a title option ... what gives? I have a lot of different titles, but no Harvested Flame or what have you. Any idea what the bag is?

If he's not dead before the second fel hunters come, you're doing it wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Quiett View Post
    I completed this quest and did not get a title option ... what gives? I have a lot of different titles, but no Harvested Flame or what have you. Any idea what the bag is?
    Because it be weird to have a feat of strength saying "before the discovery of Draenor" or w/e before we even "know about it".
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Quote Originally Posted by Quiett View Post
    What the above poster means is the title isn't out yet, you'll get it when WoD hits.

I did this at 502 ilvl. Didn't go in with any flasks or food. I haven't seriously played a lock since Wrath. I decided I wanted to do it for the title.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Zyrenia/simple

Setup's the same, I only played her to get the green fire.

Suggestions:

Pre pull:
    Set up portal behind a pillar for chaos bolt dodging. Make sure you hug that side of the room.

Set up your gateway to the same portal. You'll use this to drop aggro on the doom guard (see below)

Sac imp, dispel any time you have something up, stand so the pit lord breath also dispels you.

Remembering the timing for fel puppies below, any time you charge the boss with the pit lord make sure you have embers for chaos bolts. He takes extra damage here, so no reason to not take advantage of that if you can.

Useful macros:
    /tar Pit Lord
    /cast Fear

/tar Pit Lord
    /cast Enslave Demon

On the pull, pop F&B and pew pew. When he first summons the pit lord (he comes out at the end of the cast), mash your fear macro. Continue dpsing. Watch your positioning so you can enslave when the fear ends. Do not chain it.

He has 2 abilities you have to use. One is a charge that stuns the boss. Use this on cataclysms. The other is a breath attack. Make sure you're opposite the boss when you use this so it dispels you.

Imp Phase pop Sacrifical Pact. It's a lot of damage there and I didn't need it anywhere else. Drop a Rain of Fire early, shadowfury when they all come out, then have your pit lord breathe on them as you spam them down. Fire and Brimstone is your friend.

Fel Hound Phase: Move pit lord behind the portals, keep a Rain of Fire down as they come out so you get initial aggro. If possible, make sure you have 3 embers going in, minimum of 2. Pop Dark Soul, conflag, Havoc the first dot, chaos bolt the second dog when it comes out, chaos bolt the third dog, shadowburn the two that come out last after that to get free embers.

Doom Guard: On first summoning of the doom guard, release your pit lord and then recast enslave. Put your pit lord on him, do a breath, and click your gateway to drop aggro. Then have the pit lord go back on the boss and ignore the doom guard.

Once you get to the second imp phase if you're doing everything well the boss should be sub 20%. When the imps come out (remember to pop dark soul here if it's back up, didn't watch the timing too close) toss a rain of fire and F&B Immolate on the imps with sac pact up and shadowfury when all are out. Then just spam shadowburn on the boss with your infinite embers. Remember to also ember tap and Unending Resolve here after the stun ends so you can just abuse the imps for embers. The boss will drop if you do this right.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baracuda View Post
    If he's not dead before the second fel hunters come, you're doing it wrong.
    Or you simply don't have the gear to be done with it by that point?
    Look! Words!

I did this on my 518 alt destruction warlock in under a couple of hours. I had the normal garrosh heirloom staff, so my weapon was much better than the rest of my gear.

I looked through the wowhead comments for a couple of macros (damage reduction/casting protection, talented absorb, twilight ward = eat chaos bolt to the face, no problem) and (target banish and enslave to the proper adds) and (keybind moving the tank demon to timeout) and (breath on me now). Then I made a weak aura for the debuff that I'd need to dispel.

Then remember to count charge twice then demon to time out. Rain of fire, havoc first, chaos bolt the second = 2 dead felhounds, kill third with chaos bolt or fear + others. Use the pack of imps as endless healing potions and then kill them.

Quote Originally Posted by foxHeart View Post
    Or you simply don't have the gear to be done with it by that point?
    ~520 is enough for that and is very easy to get :3
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Quote Originally Posted by Baracuda View Post
    ~520 is enough for that and is very easy to get :3
    eh 523, and i think it was the 3rd set of imps for me when i got him.... i did 85kish dps. I never play a lock and haven't in years, so its still very likely gear when compared to skill level. I have the utmost respect for the locks that did this when it was new... So yes for a skilled player that is used to playing a lock 520 is probably enough but to the average person esp when play an alt 520 is likely still a challenge. Besides this should be a place to help people get the quest done, not say oh it should be so easy at ur ilvl and offer no tips. I know in the thread i posted in for help, i got great advice and macros or else i'd be still be working on it i'm sure.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by 1ns View Post
    tbh i think this is bs. "I never played wlock and i got this at 500ilvl"

yeah... no...
    It's possibly not BS. A lot of people, including myself, levelled a Warlock to 90 just to do this quest. I've never played it otherwise, and it had like 475 ilvl when I did the quest. Yes it is extremely difficult imo, but very doable once you understand how the Felhunters work.

15+ Year Old Account
    My main is a hunetr, but still to this day I consider my warlock to be my secondary main, not an alt. And green fire is something I desired way back in The Burning Crusade. More specifically once I met the legion warlocks in Shadowmoon Valley.

Took me one entire evening of wiping and one very spontaneous and focused night time decision to finally defeat him.

Watched several guides, read everything I could, had some problems going through Black Temple and when I finally got there, I tried for two hours with my best try being a measly 44%. I gave up. That was shortly after I got to 90 and equipped myself with TI gear.

Several weeks and multiple LFR runs later I came back, packed with 12 flasks, enough Mogu Fish Stew to feed a small army and I even managed to muster enough patience to not punch the wall after every wipe. Instead I tried to learn from the encounter, memorize every spell cast and getting my timing right. I also began to use my portal and circle spell more effectively.

Then, right before my second flask wore off and I ate the last piece of fish stew, I did it. You wouldn't believe how happy I were.

Two things you should remember for this fight:
    - Right before the fel hunter phase, command the pitlord to the opposite site of the portal and keep RoF on the hunters. Then they will simply ignore him and instead focus on you while you finish them off with Havoc and a Chaos Bolt to the face.
    - Always remember to use the Felfire Breath ability of the pitlord. Not only does it purge all magic effects from you, it also heals you while damaging your enemies.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinryu View Post
    when the fel hunters come in, you should move your pit lord behind the portal outta their line of sight, and try to chaos bolt them down asap....you need to take them out without his help...or they'll eat the enslave
    false, you can chain stun them with sf and pitlord stun

Deleted
    The fight isn't about gear, it's about mastering the mechanics. If you can learn the fight and manage to execute the strategy almost perfectly it can be done regardless of gear. Besides, the fight itself boosts your damage with the pit lord and infinite embers near the end due to constant Rain of Fire on the imps. Also, if you cannot do it within the 7 minutes, simply use a Purification Potion when the curse's duration is almost over so you get another 7 minutes. I had ilvl 467 when I beat the boss, and on my successful attempt I didn't need the potion (though I did use it on previous failed attempts, as dps may vary).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogark View Post
    The fight isn't about gear, it's about mastering the mechanics.
    Precisly, I completed it with roughly 505ilvl (boosted char so had mostly timeless gear & garrosh normal staff ), never played a lock before in my life and it took me totally around 5-6 hours (including the walking part when you enter BT). Roughly 15ish wipes before I managed to down it, the 2nd doomguard is a btch, I bannished first but had to fear / tank 2nd and that makes it a bit messy. Dps wasn't tight for 7min only for 3rd wave of felhunters. I usually just break pitlord > fear him > kill felhunters & re-enslave quickly before cata. Used destro spec and saved DS for felhunters and nuked the sht out of boss during other phases...It's all about mastering the tactics and you do that by practice...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by favor98 View Post
    Dps wasn't tight for 7min only for 3rd wave of felhunters....
    3rd wave of felhunters? i had done this with 472 itm lvl one or two weeks after they opened the chain.. and i have arrived only to the seccond doomguard when killed, then i'm not sure, but i thought that there was only 2 rounds of demons and after that only imps come, i didn't know that there was 3rd wave of felhunters.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarach View Post
    3rd wave of felhunters? i had done this with 472 itm lvl one or two weeks after they opened the chain.. and i have arrived only to the seccond doomguard when killed, then i'm not sure, but i thought that there was only 2 rounds of demons and after that only imps come, i didn't know that there was 3rd wave of felhunters.
    Correct, there is no 3rd wave of felhunters.

What helped me with the felhunters was to teleport myself BEHIND the portal when they come out, put rain of fire so I instantly get agro on them. Doesn't matter if the pitlord is in the middle of the area where you fight as long as you keep the felhunters facing AWAY from the pitlord, that's what I did.

Also, put a soulstone on yourself. That way if you die, you can res as long as the pitlord is still enslaved and fighting. I also read about someone who timed the pitlord's charges so he could interrupt other spells and get more dps on the boss without missing the cataclysm. I didn't do this, I just saved the charge for the cataclysm, but it might help if you time it right.

10+ Year Old Account
    Did it with my 496 warlock as destruction.
    Took me about 5-10 goes, mainly to learn the fight.
    Once i learned the fight it was a cakewalk.

Some quick tips for anyone not geared:
    -Fear the pit-lord first, this gives you 20 more seconds to DPS
    -Use charge straight away once you enslave him for some extra DPS
    -When he casts cataclysm, charge your chaos bolt; then use charge on the pit-lord once its almsot done. Use a conflag then chaos again for huge damage.
    -Make sure to re-enslave the pit-lord during his doomguard summoning time.

Using those tips alone and you can beat this boss easily at 490~ilvl seeing as this fight isn't really a matter of DPS but just learning the mechanics.
    I killed him pretty much right after curse of impending doom killed me, with him on 1% so the pit-lord finished him.
    You only need to get him to around 10% the pit-lord can do the rest, and if you use soul-stone on yourself thats an extra 6 minutes of fighting.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...inder/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    The expansion is not The Dark Below.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Also, the expansion is not Corgis Unleashed either.

Quote Originally Posted by 1ns View Post
    tbh i think this is bs. "I never played wlock and i got this at 500ilvl"

yeah... no...
    i got it at like 480 something and i don't really play warlock. i had a lot of attempts but i did it finally.

Deleted
    I don't play my warlock much, only got about 510 ilevel 110k dps but it wasn't too tough once you know what glyphs/talents and macros to use (at this gear level).

I wiped 7 times in total. The felhunter phase is the point in which the fight is decided, if you can get passed it then you have a good shot as long as you don't screw up dispels, interrupts and self-heals. My method was to bane one of the felhunters and nuke the others asap

Overall, this is not a dps fight, there's no real requirement to burn him unless you have really low gear. The problem is the felhunters, things can go south pretty quick if you don't get them down quickly.

This fight needs an item scaling down because it becomes increasingly more trivial as you get better gear. It's a challenge under 520, requires some quick thinking and reaction but with 550+, you still have to nail mechanics but you kill the boss so quickly that the attrition and focus war simply can't wear you down. I've heard people killing him before he even reaches the first felhunter wave with normal mode gear, full heroic SoO would be 1-2minutes at most.

Whats most interesting is that there's not a single way to do it. Everyone is giving different advice and methods which is awesome.
    Last edited by mmocd786cabdc9; 2014-08-31 at 04:02 AM.

Deleted
    with 580 itm lvl yesterday i killed him when he was summoning the first wave of imps, with this gear is like practices on a dummy. i think this boss needs scale its life and damage regarding the itm lvl of the warlock trying to kill him.