Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post
    Or it's posting in a forum that discusses general MMO issues, but happens to have a slant on their effect on WoW primarily. And it's interesting to see how fellow MMO fans react and respond to things that happen in the largest western subscription MMO. Especially since what happens in WoW can easily propogate out into having an effect on the future of the MMO genre itself.

But feel free to think that the stalker analogy is more apt, if that somehow makes you feel better about yourself.
    So you are posting on a fan forum about WoW for the betterment of all MMOs? You can't honestly believe that. If you stopped playing the game two years ago yet are still trolling it's fan forums, it's a you issue.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zechs-cenarius View Post
    Just waiting for the leveling madness in WoD and lets all see CRZ crash and burn AGAIN. CRZ was as many users already said just a crap bandaid to appease the people.
    CRZ has never been in the most current content, so there won't be any CRZ in any WoD zones. You'll be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferocity View Post
    What good does it bring? There is no group quests, you cant group with CRZ people, you constantly still get fps-spikes in CRZ zones. I understand virtual realms, but CRZ is just taint.
    Indeed. Leveling used to be my zen garden, now it is just a constant stream of crap. I am on SoE as well and struggling to see the benefit? Unfortunately seeing "leethealz" and "l44roy" tagging mobs isn't making the game better or more alive.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    Next time: play the game instead of inventing things.

YES you can group up. So you are wrong already. Furthermore the SAME CRZ technique was used for connected realm play and there you can trade, make Guilds, have the same AH etc ...
    werent you already told multiple times in this thread, that this thread is about CRZ not connected realms?

So perhaps next time, inform yourself before making posts.
    stop trying to change subjects and interject only moderately related topics to attempt to add credulity to a problem, since it is NOT in fact related to the problem being discussed.

i will not even respond to the rest because its simply more of your forcing other issues onto CRZ and pretending they are the same feature in an attempt to give your arguement a shred of creduility.

-Ganked by level 90s while using Elixir of Ancient Knowledge.
    You deserved to be killed on a pvp server, learn how to use that potion, ( google)

-Annoying general chat
    My guess you don't check trade chat or you don't know anything about old Barren chat or Timeless Isle chat ?

Stop crying because you think it took you 30 minutes to kill 15 mobs when in reality, it took you 5 minutes insteand of 3 minutes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jbombard View Post
    CRZ is Blizzard giving up on fixing community, and saying well if we can't have real community have some random people running around your zone so that you can pretend you have a community.
    If Blizzard gave up on fixing the community wouldn't they have done nothing at all? What would you have done that would've been a better idea? What defines a real community? The whole WoW player base is a community so why is it so bad that we are seeing different people from different servers? Random people? Isn't that how it was back when it was just one server? What difference does it make if the players are from different servers other than being from a different server? I'm just confused by your whole comment is all.

Everybody likes to criticize what Blizzard does but I wonder if they have any better ideas of their own. Personally I like CRZ. It gives you the chance to interact with people again while questing. Here's the thing also. People are constantly complaining how the social aspect of WoW is gone and how the game feels dead. Well now Blizzard does stuff like this to help and people still complain because it's not good enough (it never is, poor Blizzard) and they are like "Wtf is this? I don't want people from other servers!". What do people expect? Blizzard can't just make more people play the game. A lot of these people that complain contradict themselves too much I think and I think it's true that these critics have no idea what they want out of WoW and are just complaining to complain. If you want to express your disapproval of something fine but at least have some alternative ideas of your own instead of just blindly hating on something.
    Last edited by Pony Soldier; 2014-08-18 at 04:04 PM.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I also love CRZ. If you don't like seeing a lot of people, play a single player game. If you don't like being ganked, play on a PvE server.
    MMO-C, home of the worst community on the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by BlahBlahFrigginBlah View Post
    ive never seen a more blatant fanboy, that is so willing to misrepresent so much to defend any statement ever made about blizzard. and this goes all the way back to all the idiotic things you would try to shove down my throat about how perfect you were sure D3 was.

this makes no sense, and has nothing to do with my comment.

who cares that the zones are populated, they are populated with competition for ressources, not with players to socialize or to play with.

can you group with them? no
    can you trade with them? no
    can you affect their experience? yes, you can grief them if thats what you're there for; or you can kill the quest mobs or harvest the resourses before they get to them if you're there doing that too.

that is all crz brings, it creates problems, not solve them.
    Wish I could give a thumbs up to this post. I still remember all that nonsense BenPOS posted on Warcraft movie thread.

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FightingFarse View Post
    Wish I could give a thumbs up to this post. I still remember all that nonsense BenPOS posted on Warcraft movie thread.
    in regards to the post you quoted... you CAN group with them.

The resource competition is the only valid point and with AHs going cross faction I would be willing to bet that someday they will also be cross server.

Baby steps, my friend.
    MMO-C, home of the worst community on the internet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    That's because people where whinging for years about 'the world feels dead'....... so Blizzard sorts it out and all we get is whinging.
    'sorts it out' my ass. Blizz could have done the sensible thing and start merging servers and deleting the empty ones, seriously this game doesn't have 12 million players anymore. A lot of these servers are fucking pointless and deader than a door nail.

They opened all the extra servers cuz of the big player spike in wrath or whatever and then when everyone quit during cata/pandafaggotry they just leave them there so a tiny portion of players that remain can suffer??? Oh right... paid transfers which for many players means 100++ dollars.

All this complicated bullshit tech that the game itself seems to hate like CRZ is not needed. Blizz needs to stop being pussies and beating around the bush, accept the facts. WoW isn't the beast it used to be!

We will all be much better off then, faction balance is a terrible issue in this game as well that needs to be addressed.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    'sorts it out' my ass. Blizz could have done the sensible thing and start merging servers and deleting the empty ones, seriously this game doesn't have 12 million players anymore. A lot of these servers are fucking pointless and deader than a door nail.

They opened all the extra servers cuz of the big player spike in wrath or whatever and then when everyone quit during cata/pandafaggotry they just leave them there so a tiny portion of players that remain can suffer??? Oh right... paid transfers which for many players means 100++ dollars.

All this complicated bullshit tech that the game itself seems to hate like CRZ is not needed. Blizz needs to stop being pussies and beating around the bush, accept the facts. WoW isn't the beast it used to be!

We will all be much better off then, faction balance is a terrible issue in this game as well that needs to be addressed.
    So what do you want them to do about it?

No matter what they do, there are still going to be people who want to stay on the server they're on; should they just boot those people off for the sake of consolidating servers?

As for faction balance, again, what do you expect Blizz to do? That is not even close to under their control. It's balanced in PVP instances, which is the only place they can do anything about it; they can't just magically make people faction change, and realms will naturally tend towards one side or the other (people like to join the winning side, not the losing one.) If a server starts out 51% horde and 49% alliance, you can bet your ass it'll eventually move to 90% Horde.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post

What a BS post. You have no clue at all.

Connected realm play in the open world is 100 times better than server merges as combined with CRZ in world zones you have a solution to populate the world of Azeroth forever, which a server merge doesn't do.

I am fed up with people like this one.

If you have NO clue what you talk about please stop playing.

You talk about empty servers LOL: the single server play - as such - ceased to exist in WoW and still these dudes have no clue at all.

I wonder what the average IQ is to NOT comprehend that seamless connected server play and CRZ's are incredible tools to populate Azeroth forever in world zones.

Your server merges don't solve ANYTHING.

You just put 2 servers together with the result of still having empty world zones all over the place over all that 10 year old content.

------

READ THIS: in a game as VAST and SPREAD OUT as a Landscape based WoW, no single server can populate every world zone. So Blizzard created a seamless cross server open world play instead.

CRZ AND Connected Realm play are PRO active tools to populate Azeroth in every zone whatever the number of players per continent. Be that 50k or 3 million...

Pro active as it can be adapted on the fly to populate zones OR connect realms in a structured way with the same technology, depending what the population is.

If that's too difficult to understand, go play Minesweeper.
    Last edited by BenBos; 2014-08-18 at 09:47 PM.

Connected realm play in the open world is 100 times better than server merges as combined with CRZ in world zones you have a solution to populate the world of Azeroth forever, which a server merge doesn't do.
    Connected realms are not the topic of the thread but they are server mergers, are you sure you play this game?

Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    Connected realms are not the topic of the thread but they are server mergers, are you sure you play this game?
    Wrong. Connected realm play is an extension of the CRZ mechanic. Connected Realms simply add a fixed structure to the CRZ technology.

You can't discuss one without talking about the other. They are linked as they both use the same technology with different purposes.

If you don't agree : read the Blizzard pages.

CRZ is used to solve individual world zones, Connected Realms is using the same CRZ technology to put a structure behind it to allow seamless co play of players on different servers that are connected.

It is quite easy to understand.

WoW can NOW be played with some 100K's players throughout all world zones in a concurrently form. The connected servers use the same CRZ technology and take on the global part of the structured Realms behind it.

There were always 2 problems involved with MMO's': the server realm capacity and the individual world zones part. Even on the highest populated WoW server in the world, you got vast empty zones in older content.

Both these problems were solved by the same technology of CRZ. One non structured and very dynamic to solve the individual world zones and another structered by connecting realms who have mutual trading, guilds and AH.

----

But both are CRZ technology. I can give you the clear cut text about it from Blizzard if you would still like to T the subject btw, so be warned.
    Last edited by BenBos; 2014-08-18 at 10:08 PM.

<snip>
    You didn't have to write all that a simple no would have sufficed.

Quote Originally Posted by Orangetai420 View Post
    If you don't like being ganked, play on a PvE server.
    Even at the extortionate £17 per character I would transfer to a PVE server today if it wasn't for the stupid gold transfer limit which seems to just punish you for being successful.
    Some mornings it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints.

Quote Originally Posted by SinAscendant View Post
    So what do you want them to do about it?

No matter what they do, there are still going to be people who want to stay on the server they're on; should they just boot those people off for the sake of consolidating servers?

As for faction balance, again, what do you expect Blizz to do? That is not even close to under their control. It's balanced in PVP instances, which is the only place they can do anything about it; they can't just magically make people faction change, and realms will naturally tend towards one side or the other (people like to join the winning side, not the losing one.) If a server starts out 51% horde and 49% alliance, you can bet your ass it'll eventually move to 90% Horde.
    Yes, that's what they should do. What's wrong with saying 'no' sometimes?

Do you mean to tell me it's impossible to create a program that checks and enforces faction balance? You can't be serious, can you?

10+ Year Old Account
    For the most part I liked CRZ. Made things more compelling and fun especially on a PvP realm. I probably got ganked 300+ times while leveling in Hyjal.

My only gripe is rare spawns (Aeonaxx especially) and how hard it can be to farm them.

10+ Year Old Account
    I posted to Blizzard about my feelings, about how I don't like CRZ when they informed players that it's coming.
    I kept posting how I don't like it.

But over the time, nothing changed - so I just stopped leveling new characters.