Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Xal'atoh whispers - Transmog

Hey everyone.
    We know that when the Flamescythe from Fireland is trasmogged to your weapon you can change your form to the Flame-Kitty.
    But does your weapon whispers to you if you transmog it to Xal'atoh?
    It'd be pretty cool I think.

I do believe that it does, but I haven't tested it myself. It refuses to drop.

10+ Year Old Account
    Xal'atoh whispers? have i missed something?

10+ Year Old Account
    Transmogging Fandrals Flamescythe doesn't apply fire kitty. You need to use the burning seeds.

10+ Year Old Account
    Xal'atoh whispers to you similar to how Shadowmourne did
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombiebob
    I'm still waiting on someone to tell me where all these people that suddenly care about Warrior balance were during Cataclysm when they were blow up dolls with plate armor on.
    Quote Originally Posted by cutterx2202 View Post
    Stop complaining to solve your lack of ability, and start reading and practicing to gain ability. Stop trying to bring people down to your level instead of striving to raise yours.

Quote Originally Posted by Mogai View Post
    Xal'atoh whispers? have i missed something?
    Y'Shaarj whispers to you through the weapon.

10+ Year Old Account
    damn i must have missed it completly. guess i've always had it transmogged to something else and that removed the whispers

Quote Originally Posted by Jawless Jones View Post
    Xal'atoh whispers to you similar to how Shadowmourne did
    I think you mean the Corrupted Ashbringer, at least I never noticed whispers from my Shadowmourne.

So transmogging another weapon into it keeps the whisper?

Man I might have to pick one up on my plate alts.
    Last edited by Emophia; 2014-08-17 at 11:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Emophia View Post
    So transmogging another weapon into it keeps the whisper?

Man I might have to pick one up on my plate alts.
    I hope so.

That's the reason why I'm farming it on my warrior. :-)

Deleted
    like they say on wowhead:
    if you wear xal'atoh, you get whispers. If you wear it but have it transmogged in something else like Ashkandi you will hear whispers.

but if you wear lets say the heirloom weapon and mog it to xal'atoh you will get no whispers

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitsu View Post
    like they say on wowhead:
    if you wear xal'atoh, you get whispers. If you wear it but have it transmogged in something else like Ashkandi you will hear whispers.

but if you wear lets say the heirloom weapon and mog it to xal'atoh you will get no whispers
    that explains why i've never noticed it then. since i always play with most of the sound low

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    Hey everyone.
    We know that when the Flamescythe from Fireland is trasmogged to your weapon you can change your form to the Flame-Kitty.
    But does your weapon whispers to you if you transmog it to Xal'atoh?
    It'd be pretty cool I think.
    As has been mentioned already, you only benefit from little perks (whispers, fire cat) an item grants if you have said item equipped. Druids can get fire cat form in one of two ways now: start a fight with the staff equipped before swapping to something else or use a Burning Seed. Xal'atoh/Dragonwrath/Shadowmourne whispers though only come from having the weapon equipped.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    I hope so.

THATS THE MOST TERRIFYING THING I HAVE EVER HEARD... why blizzard... why?

also
    I've used Xal'atoh, Desecrated Image of Gorehowl for transmogging a while back for quite some time, and I'm still sane ... well ... I haven't heard any whispers during that time.

In other words, you will only get the whispers if you have the weapon equipped.
    Last edited by mahonisaya; 2014-08-21 at 07:44 PM.
    And god said "Come forth and receive eternal life!" But John came fifth and won a toaster

I had no idea it did this. Think I'll have to start farming it again.

I wear the hc WF version of it as my main weapon for the past 7 months, and it whispers despite it being transmogged. No idea if it works the other way around.

Quote Originally Posted by hasslehoof View Post
    I wear the hc WF version of it as my main weapon for the past 7 months, and it whispers despite it being transmogged. No idea if it works the other way around.
    It whispers because you have it equipped, simple as that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can only confirm whispers happen if you have it equipped, transmogged or not.

Can't confirm whispers happen if you don't have it equipped but have something transmogged to it.

Having it whisper to you while you're waiting for something to spawn does things to you...
    There are no bathrooms, only Zuul.

Quote Originally Posted by Bianconeri View Post
    I think you mean the Corrupted Ashbringer, at least I never noticed whispers from my Shadowmourne.
    I think it was Shadow's Edge while you were on the quest, not sure though as it's been years.

I wonder if I could get it to whisper while I'm demo spec and it's equipped on my Felguard via the glyph.