Question about triple monitor purchase among others.

First of all I am a computer science student and looking to spend some of my money on a comfortable set-up for at home work. I'm located in the US and am looking to spend 700-800 on monitors, 400-500 on a desk, and 300-400 on a chair. But because I'm unsure of exactly what the prices will be all are assumptions are flexible.

I'm looking for advice on what monitors I should be looking into for a triple monitor setup. I do not prefer very large monitors, input delay is important to be kept low because I also do occasionally play games on them. I would like to keep them below 24". 4k is obviously not an option, 1080p is fine with me for the moment.

I am also looking for a desk. Most of the desks I see are small, barely have any arm space, and have that stupid keyboard pullout ramp. The desk I am using now is less of a computer desk and more of a table would see in somebody's office. My ideal desk is very wide and semi-decently long. Preferably black in color and possibly gloss stained. (Not a requirement).

For bonus points I may be looking for a chair in the near future, something very comfortable for sitting in for 12 hours a day. I've seen those "racing" chairs becoming popular with pro gaming lately, does anyone have any experience in them, are they comfortable?

Thank you in advance for all the help.

In case this comes up this is my current setup:
    i7 4770k
    GTX 680
    Last edited by Jdance; 2014-08-18 at 12:41 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, U2414H would work, 24" at 1920x1080 with pretty good default set up and can DisplayPort daisy chain since you don't have that many DP / HDMI on the GPU.
    http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/reviews/dell_u2414h.htm

I'm unsure what DisplayPort daisy chaining is. My assumption is that I would run 2x DVI and 1x HDMI and that would be ok, is this not something that would work?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jdance View Post
    I'm unsure what DisplayPort daisy chaining is. My assumption is that I would run 2x DVI and 1x HDMI and that would be ok, is this not something that would work?
    Which GTX 680 do you have to be exact? Most should have at least one DisplayPort.
    What DisplayPort daisy chaining is allow multiple monitors (that support it) to chain together and display via one DisplayPort connection to your GPU.
    5 x 1920x1080, 2 x 2560x1440 if I remember correctly.

That said, U2414H does not have a DVI port, which is why I said daisy chain, granted another option would be P2414H but the U2414H's thin bezzel would lend itself better if you're playing on all 3 monitors.

Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    Which GTX 680 do you have to be exact? Most should have at least one DisplayPort.
    What DisplayPort daisy chaining is allow multiple monitors (that support it) to chain together and display via one DisplayPort connection to your GPU.
    5 x 1920x1080, 2 x 2560x1440 if I remember correctly.

That said, U2414H does not have a DVI port, which is why I said daisy chain, granted another option would be P2414H but the U2414H's thin bezzel would lend itself better if you're playing on all 3 monitors.
    PNY 680

I would not be using eyefinity or the similar. Games would be restricted to the central monitor. (If that's what you meant)

10+ Year Old Account
    chair wise, id say go to an office store and tell them what you want. I spent a few hrs in one here in Australia and ive been happy with my purchase
    Dear frozen yogurt, you are the celery of desserts. Be ice cream or be nothing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jdance View Post
    PNY 680

I would not be using eyefinity or the similar. Games would be restricted to the central monitor. (If that's what you meant)
    Yeah, those things. I never used it, >.>.

Yes there's a displayport that you can use / abuse if you wish for the daisy chain. Whether you want to do that is a different thing I suppose. It's supposedly an easy set up to do, but otherwise if you don't want to you could go for the P2414H.

10+ Year Old Account
    get one with high functionality, and mesh over leather. as leather can get sticky and wear out over long use, especially 12 hours a day. with a high back as well so u can lean back whenever you want. as for a desk, im still searching
    Dear frozen yogurt, you are the celery of desserts. Be ice cream or be nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Spalding View Post
    get one with high functionality, and mesh over leather. as leather can get sticky and wear out over long use, especially 12 hours a day. with a high back as well so u can lean back whenever you want. as for a desk, im still searching
    I've been looking into chairs like the ones from here: http://www.dxracer.com/ They seem to be pretty right, my mind is probably somewhat set on those.

As for the desk, here is a picture of mine for reference of what I would like: Click I think the desk is as old as I am.. My dad used to use it when he ran a business out of his office. All the drawers and whatnot that used to be on the sides are gone and the front is pretty destroyed over the years. The size is perfect however, I could not see myself downsizing from this size at all. Even larger would be preferred.