Finally got to play Beta. Done with my Blood DK

I have been playing my blood DK since Wrath. Have tanked all normals and most heroics since then. I have always loved the lore of the class and the way blood played compared to other tanks. Tanked on a warrior before wrath. I don't like to DPS as a melee because ranged just seems more fun and at an advantage so I dont go frost or unholy often unless its for pvp.

After getting my hands on the beta I have to say that I absolutely HATE what they have done to blood DKs. It isnt that they arent effective or good tanks. That is not the issue at hand here. The fact is now they are SO BORING to play. Just spam Deathstrike and death coil and blood boil. Use runetap when mitigation is needed. GG. The thing I hate the most about it is the fact that now only ONE ability (death strike) even uses our 2h weapons. Granted so does soul reaper but you dont add that into your rotation until the end of the fight. I played a few dungeons and did some raid testing and I have to say that I was bored out of my mind. Why are the majorty of my abilities ranged or aoe magic abilities? The whole thing that I liked about Blood DKs was that it was a tank that used no shields and a giant 2h weapon. Also there is a LOT of downtime in your rotation as well. Rune and RP starved off and on. So you wait 4 seconds to hit 1 on your keyboard over and over a lot of the time. Celestion will give the BS excuse (you dont have enough haste yet! durp) but its my understanding that Multistrike and mastery are what you want as a blood dk. So haste stacking to make your class as quick as the others but lose survivability? No thanks.

I know many people have mentioned how mundane and boring the spec is now to celestion and the other devs but they like what they raped DKs into. So I guess I am just sad and frustrated that I will be playing my warlock as my main in WoD if I decide to get it and if I get the tank itch play a warrior I guess. So disappointed.
    Last edited by Grishnok; 2014-08-19 at 04:38 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can't really imagine blood dk being any worse than they have always been. I can tank any dungeon successfully just spamming 12345 in any order

Quote Originally Posted by Miley View Post
    I can't really imagine blood dk being any worse than they have always been. I can tank any dungeon successfully just spamming 12345 in any order
    That may be true, but now instead you have to press 123 in any order to win. Boring.

You're also playing in the equivalent of opening tier, while used to the height of the expansion scaling. The two don't compare very well, and won't. Not to say there's not work to be done, but you're better off giving your feedback on the beta forums than you are complaining here.

10+ Year Old Account
    There are other threads to discuss the changes to DK's in. Please use an open thread.