Thread: Alchemy in WoD

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account

Alchemy in WoD

So the only way to make Flasks is with the daily CD and shipments? I can't seem to find anywhere else to get the Alchemical Catalysts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommi View Post
    So the only way to make Flasks is with the daily CD and shipments? I can't seem to find anywhere else to get the Alchemical Catalysts.
    Interesting change from the most recent beta notes. Apparently you can use the "daily" CD up to 3 times in a row but each time it increases your CD by 24 hours. So if you made 3 catalysts today, you would have to wait 72 hours (3 days) before you could use it again. Source

This actually seems to benefit the casual player more since that means you don't have to log in every day and do use your daily CD. You could stock up early, hit your max limit (3) on CDs, then log back in 3 days to redo them again.
    ---
    Don't be a victim of IFOWISNAWL!
    Call 800-Calm-The-F-Down, Operators are standing by. Now taking calls on all your Legion worries.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's a nice quality of life change.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alroxas View Post
    Interesting change from the most recent beta notes. Apparently you can use the "daily" CD up to 3 times in a row but each time it increases your CD by 24 hours. So if you made 3 catalysts today, you would have to wait 72 hours (3 days) before you could use it again. Source

This actually seems to benefit the casual player more since that means you don't have to log in every day and do use your daily CD. You could stock up early, hit your max limit (3) on CDs, then log back in 3 days to redo them again.
    I understood the tooltip a bit differently: the daily cooldown recovers by one per day, and stacks depending on how many orders you can make. In other words, behaves the same as all those skills that have charges, like Deterrence.

Example: I start off with 3 available orders. I make all 3, giving me 3 BoP crafting mats. Then I have to wait for 24 hours for 1 order to come off cooldown. Unused orders stack depending on how I develop my garrison (building level + storehouse). So if I haven't made any orders in 3 days, I'll have all 3 charges off cooldown and ready to use.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mezmer1411 View Post
    I understood the tooltip a bit differently: the daily cooldown recovers by one per day, and stacks depending on how many orders you can make. In other words, behaves the same as all those skills that have charges, like Deterrence.

Example: I start off with 3 available orders. I make all 3, giving me 3 BoP crafting mats. Then I have to wait for 24 hours for 1 order to come off cooldown. Unused orders stack depending on how I develop my garrison (building level + storehouse). So if I haven't made any orders in 3 days, I'll have all 3 charges off cooldown and ready to use.
    Is the 2nd CD tied to garrison building? If so, most buildings can only have 1 work order at level 1 (and 5 at level 3) before storehouse modifier. Going to have to bug some Devs on twitter for clarification then!
    ---
    Don't be a victim of IFOWISNAWL!
    Call 800-Calm-The-F-Down, Operators are standing by. Now taking calls on all your Legion worries.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alroxas View Post
    Is the 2nd CD tied to garrison building?
    I'm not perfectly clear on that either, but it seems it is.