Thread: Pet people

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    I have a cat because I wanted something to be happy to see me when I got home. She has not disappointed me.

The only pain in the ass is that when I leave for extended business trips, as I do fairly regularly, there's no one in Houston who is willing or able to take care of my cat. All the people here are either not in a position to do it or they're allergic to cats, so I have to drive her up to my mother's house in Dallas every damned time I do one of these trips, which is like every other month.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Quote Originally Posted by TheBeardedOne View Post
    Yes crotch fruit are super useless as sell but they further our species. Dogsodo nothing for us except waste resources and money so weirdos can project their inability to fit in with other humans onto them.
    there are people starving to death while dogs get feed

- - - Updated - - -

typo, meant to be wrote off, ie damaged beyond repair
    You do know dog's do stuff other than shit in the house and eat food right? They can herd, retrieve ducks you've hunted, pull carts/sledges, protect livestock, etc.

Deleted
    You must be a really fun person to have at parties.

Seriously though, with that type of thinking why bother liking anything? why spend so much time on a computer, it's not like it has a soul. Why play WoW? it's not liek anyone you meet actually knows you and has a genuine love for you.

People have/do things because they enjoy it/love it/need it. People play WoW because they think it's a fun game. People have computers because they enjoy going on the internet/playing games and doing work. People have dogs because they enjoy the company of other animals and want to take care of them, just like how dogs want to be taken care of.

No one will care if you don't like animals, but calling others mentally damaged and looking down on them just because they like pets will not get you very far.

Also, if THIS is the sort of thing that makes you worried about humanity, then I do worry about Humanity if people like you exist who genuinely believe the human race is doomed for connecting with other animals.

10+ Year Old Account
    yes it was a bad 11 months of my life, I saw it get hit by a car and felt no loss what so ever, I was more upset as an adult when I wrote off my ducati streetfighter s. Now that was a thing of beauty and admiration.
    Your a pyschopath mate, hurting someone over a dog
    Nah, I'm a loving person, you on the other hand, sound like you have problems that reek of Narcissism.

Also you're looking for attention, it's too obvious, grats with getting it.

Get help. Fast.

*shrugs* We make as much of an irrational emotional attachment to a dog as we make to another person, we in no way need to get married or reside in the same dwelling to "further our species".

It makes more sense if anything to make this emotional connection with a Dog vs another person in some regards for the most part a dog wont; get drunk and do something it is not supposed to, it will not steal from you(no im not considering food stealing), they generally will not be physical towards you without provocation, they don't have any malicious motives behind their actions. They may live a far more simple life but with that simplistic nature a lot of the flaws a human has are not present and if you take it at face value of "a dog is another living being" instead of "this dog is licking me and should not be here for any reason whatsoever" one would hope that you could see it is from a mutual benefit that we liek to have one around. AND THEY'RE SO FLUFFY!

Humans do these bad things all the time and to be honest I feel sorry for our future alien captors who have to deal with us doing any of this shit(ive seen Battlefield earth or whatever that crappy john trovolta movie was, i know how it goes down).

Some people just like to have something to look after that they know will always be there when they get home. If you can't understand why a person would want to have a pet around for a purpose more then to lick crums off the floor then there really isn't any point to have this thread open because you are just shooting down every persons attempt to convey why they like pets.

The most compelling anti-pet thing ive read you post is that "there are people starving to death while dogs get feed". This is true but I hold this reasoning to about the same merit as someone yelling at you for not eating your dinner saying people are starving around the world and you are throwing food out. The 2 are not connected in anyway, you cant just wrap up a cooked porkchop and send it to them. Unless of corse you were going to spend every extra Penny you make to feed the staving people and live the most frugal life ever.

OP is obviously not a pet person. Or an animal person.

I look out for animals, I don't look out for humans.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Deleted
    What is strange about that? Animals have emotions, wants and needs and they know how to communicate them just as efficiently as we can. Isn't that what you require to take a liking to an individual? The ability to understand how they feel and what they need? It's up to you to learn their language and if you do not then it's no wonder you don't understand how a human-pet friendship can occur.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    So I dropped a colleague home the other day and he invited me in for a beer, but as I am a alcoholic I made up a reason not to stay but gave him a lift in with some camera gear, on entering his house I was assaulted by his dog trying to lick me, disgusting. He thought it was adorable, I put on a happy face but out ASAP.

Next day he went on ajd on about his dog by the water cooler and went on about best friend nonsense and such.

really, how the heck can a pet be a friend, they can't communicate with us. I have had to right him off as mentally unstable. Upon telling my sister about this and she thought I was been ridiculous, hogwash I thought. I talked to more people at work and they all claimed the same dribble that pets are friends, I now worry for my safety having no sane people around.

so mmo champ, what is wrong with people, why do they have pets as best friends, can they not mix with other humans properly and have to resort to have pets as friends. Do they know their pet will eat them if given the chance.
    Are they mentally damaged or messed up from past relationships?
    I worry for humanity if this weird trend continues.

Nothing. You are the one with the issue.

TheBeardedOne...have I seen you on Gamefaqs?

Is that you, Drunk?

Quote Originally Posted by atsawin26 View Post
    The guy thinking everyone around him is crazy is usually the crazy one.
    This is on the money.

Some people care a lot for animals and so what? People care for the strangest and most useless shit. Caring for another species of something that is living, breathing and feeling is the least weird we do.

OP, get some help. You sound like an narcissistic douchebag. Its not healthy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lochglen View Post
    I am wondering if Blizzard are going to give the Alliance the 5 mounts because the worgen have running wild, the horde have 5 new mounts , i just think they should balance it out, how say you all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rixis View Post
    hows about you give half your money to africa because you have more than them, and it's not balanced
    no? didn't think so

10+ Year Old Account
    Do they know their pet will eat them if given the chance.
    What is this? I don't even.

"Pet's" won't do that.. I sleep with my door open, have 2 cats, and I'm still alive. I've even woken up with one on my chest a couple times.

That said, if everyone around you is crazy, chances are they're normal and you're the crazy one.

15+ Year Old Account
    Still better than a kid person.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Dogs + Cats => Humans.

In my personal experience Animals tend to be better people than people are. People who say they don't like animals probably did not grow up with any.

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account
    Don't worry guys. OP's clearly more experienced with this than thousands of years of human/dog interaction.

But you don't have to pick up others huma d feces
    I don't pick up my dogs shit, it adds fertilizer to the lawn, and I have had no complaints about it cause shes a small dog and you cannot see it at first glance. I only pick it up if we are in walking areas or parks.

I like animals because they aren't people. Animals should be rewarded for not being people.

Pets, in many ways, can be like children or friends. To many people, particularly those alone, infertile, elderly, etc. Pets are easier to manage, they're playful, loving, thoughtful, and far more complex than just some random domesticated beast. Simply "mixing with humans" and getting to know other people on a more personal level is a large feat for many to overcome and, in many ways, isn't really necessary.

It may come as a great shock but the majority of domesticated animals have an aspect of intelligence about them. Cats, dogs, birds, etc. can actually suffer from depression. They feel pain physically and mentally. They remember bad and good things that have happened to them and to others.

So, while you may not be a pet person, millions, if not billions are and gladly consider them their greatest companions and most loyal friends.

tl;dr You come off as a complete asshole in your post. Perhaps you should get a pet and actually learn what it's like to have one instead of writing off others as insane because they love theirs.
    "If I didn't have bad luck I'd have no luck at all."

10+ Year Old Account
    The OP really wasn't a reasonable way to open a thread, so I'm locking this.