Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

Why do your relationships end?

So just curious, but any relationships you have been in, why did they end? Did you do the dumping or were you dumped? What was the reason for it? If you were dumped, do you agree with the reason given? Do you feel like you go through a pattern of dating similar people and then the relationships fall apart for similar reasons? How long did the relationships last?

And finally, any of you out there who have only ever dated one person and just never split up with them?

Just asking because I have two friends who are currently in the process of moving to another country to be with their partner, and one of them has a really bad history of relationships falling apart because she gets bored after a year or two, and it seems really scary to move to be with someone in another country when most of your relationships fall apart pretty fast!

Deleted
    Been with my partner for about 9 years now and the secrets to our success are trust and personal freedom. If the other one wants to go out with friends or do things separate then let them, it should never be an issue where you need to ask permission.

Once been dumped (the girl wanted me to come back after a year or so, I said no way), every other relationship I was the one dumping. Usually just met girls not worth my time and it wasn't longer than 3-4 months (I got bored and even couldn't look at them, they all started to be disgusting in my mind the longer I knew them the more terrible I've seen them). Atm I don't mind such lifestyle, I'm getting as much as I can not even thinking about getting one solid relationship not even speaking about getting married anytime soon.
    S.H.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Erin View Post
    So just curious, but any relationships you have been in, why did they end? Did you do the dumping or were you dumped? What was the reason for it? If you were dumped, do you agree with the reason given? Do you feel like you go through a pattern of dating similar people and then the relationships fall apart for similar reasons? How long did the relationships last?

And finally, any of you out there who have only ever dated one person and just never split up with them?

Just asking because I have two friends who are currently in the process of moving to another country to be with their partner, and one of them has a really bad history of relationships falling apart because she gets bored after a year or two, and it seems really scary to move to be with someone in another country when most of your relationships fall apart pretty fast!
    I always ended any relationships I had. Never have been...dumped. I ended them because of other interests or a feeling of the other becoming too demanding. And yeah, I dated my wife for over a year before we got married. I had known her for several years before that however and always had a special feeling for her I never had with any other girl.

it takes being with a hateful girl to fully appreciate to great girl
    im not joking about that

I've only really been in one serious relationship and that's largely because it took me a while to come to terms with the realisation that I'm bisexual with a preference for men. It seems to be going well so far as we've known each other for five years, been officially together for three and have now lived together for roughly a year. We're considering moving abroad in the future if all goes according to plan.

Deleted
    I had a relationship for 2,5 years and we broke up because we both cheated on each other.
    The relationship was rather unhealthy and after a few months and a lot of thinking it was a good thing that happend.
    We broke up almost 3 years ago and havent had a real girlfriend anymore.
    Had one girlfriend after her, but it didn't work. (didn't had that in love feeling).

Generally it was always a breach of trust.

One girl cheated on me after not even a month
    The other one practically dumped me when I was sick, saying she doesn't care that much about me to potentially infect herself as well (which would basically mean bed time for a month or so). She wanted to keep the relationship open for when I recover, but I told her to gtfo.

And that's it. Currently I'm in a relationship that goes on for a bit longer than a year and everything is more or less perfect right now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Been in one official relationship.
    Was ~long distance~ (4hour drive at the age of 17 is long distance).
    After 9 months, she started to trust me less (for no reason at all), and she was eccentric over certain things. On a school trip, I met a girl who I got along wonderfully with, we almost hooked up but we both had partners, so stopped. Decided I definitely needed to end it with the girlfriend, and so I did. Flimsy excuse, I said my emotions were hardening and that I just didn't care for her the same was I used to (which was true, but sounds stupid) and it was over.
    She told all her friends that she broke up with me, but I didn't care. Ended up sleeping with one of her close friends not long after because they got in a huge fight. Whoops.

Nothing serious since then. I just feel like I prefer to stay single or date. It's simpler, and I'm not just not ready for a serious relationship that would lead to marriage.
    We stopped searching for monsters under our beds when we realized that they were inside us.

Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account
    Pretty much all of them were mutual breakups. Mostly due to being inflexible with my priorities. Sorry, but when you graduate and go to college, you have to move somewhere else. I'm not ruining my life for anyone but me. And sorry, but when you graduate from college, you have to move somewhere else for a job or more college. And sorry, but when you get your masters... Yeah, it keeps going. I'm on good terms with every ex but one, and that's because she was a cheating, lying psychopath who tried to "keep me" by intentionally getting pregnant. Which, of course, doesn't work out since I've had a vasectomy.

Never tell a woman that you don't expect to stay with forever if you've had a vasectomy. The look on their face when they've been cheating on you and get pregnant is hilarious.

But fuck buddies? That's some good quality stuff there.

They always try to sleep with my parents.

10+ Year Old Account
    If the relationship lasts longer than a few weeks, it's pretty much always me who does the dumping. And it sucks. I've been dumped at that point once, and while that sucked, it sucks a lot more to be the person doing the dumping.

I unfortunately tend to lose interest after a month or two. I start to get annoyed by certain mannerisms or traits that I'm unable to get past, and eventually I dump the other person. The last girl I dated was a wonderful human being. Just a fantastic person, but it wasn't right, so I let her go.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    My last couple ended because i am utterly opposed to having children. Last time, before the relationship even really took off, my girlfriend and i came to a mutual understanding that there would never be kids. This was literally the basis for our getting together and befriending each other in the first place - we were two people not interested in children. But after some months she started dropping hints about baby shit and 'getting serious' (marriage).

Women. What is the deal with the drive to be married and have children? Why cant you just enjoy being with someone without shitting everything up by "taking the relationship to the next level?"

10+ Year Old Account
    He died *stares*

Just kidding, not really interested in being in a relationship tbh, think i need to solve my personal issues before i deal with someone elses :S

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    He died *stares*

Just kidding, not really interested in being in a relationship tbh, think i need to solve my personal issues before i deal with someone elses :S
    You don't necessarily have to solve other people's personal issues, though. Just being there for them while they solve them can be enough, depending on the person.

10+ Year Old Account
    hmm ive done most of the dumping, and the times where they dumped me was pretty fair enough. trust has always been a big part and none of them broke it. just, life itself can get in the way, especially when there are major differences... kinda makes me a little sad because all of the relationships I were in were great and were ended on good terms, but ended for silly reasons.. oh well
    Dear frozen yogurt, you are the celery of desserts. Be ice cream or be nothing.

I worked too much graduating out of high school.(14hrs/day, 14on 7off) Granted the money was unreal, and I had no clue what to do with that kind of money.
    She was on the coast of Canada which made for traveling on 7 days off very tricky.
    Oh well, her loss.
    i7-6700k @ 4.4ghz \ EVGA GTX 1080 FTW \ MSI z170a Carbon \ corsair hx 850 mod \ 16gb savage 2666 \ 4tb raid 1 wd black \ 256gb 600p m.2pcie
    HakudoshiFarsaj

#1 - she dumped me and I never did figure out why.
    #2 - she dumped me for reasons that basically boil down to "she couldn't hack being in a relationship".
    #3 - kind of a mutual split cos we both got bored. That was a good'un - lots of fun while it lasted, and a friendly, clean split once it had run its course.
    #4 - together for 13 years and still going strong

Usually cheating, isnt that how 90% of relationships end?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Annoying View Post
    Pretty much all of them were mutual breakups. Mostly due to being inflexible with my priorities. Sorry, but when you graduate and go to college, you have to move somewhere else. I'm not ruining my life for anyone but me. And sorry, but when you graduate from college, you have to move somewhere else for a job or more college. And sorry, but when you get your masters... Yeah, it keeps going. I'm on good terms with every ex but one, and that's because she was a cheating, lying psychopath who tried to "keep me" by intentionally getting pregnant. Which, of course, doesn't work out since I've had a vasectomy.

Never tell a woman that you don't expect to stay with forever if you've had a vasectomy. The look on their face when they've been cheating on you and get pregnant is hilarious.

But fuck buddies? That's some good quality stuff there.
    Vasectomies aren't 100%.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!