Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    I always have to wonder - when someone talks about how terrible all their past partners were and how they dumped them - where are they finding all these horrible people? Or are the stories not really as one-sided as they're presented?
    Case by case like almost everything in life, but if you can't see ANY good in your past partners, it absolutely raises an eyebrow. Something isn't adding up.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrgannus View Post
    Case by case like almost everything in life, but if you can't see ANY good in your past partners, it absolutely raises an eyebrow. Something isn't adding up.
    If you count sex as a good thing in your partner (giggidy) that can sum up why alot of relationships lasted far longer then they should of.

Generally because of disagreements.

Because of me
    Too poor
    Too lazy

Because of them
    Slutty
    Crazy

Both
    Something mutual, refer to opening statement.
    Stay salty my friends.

10+ Year Old Account
    1. She was bipolar and I was 18. When the going got rough the sex was no longer worth it and I bailed.

2. She was clingy and I wanted to party. After she threatened to kill herself, I cut her off. (And she didn't kill herself, and we're now friends.)

3. We had a nice 6-year relationship and were going to get married. I broke up with her because I didn't want to get married at 26 (TOO YOUNG). She wanted to settle down and start a family, I wanted to have more adventures and enjoy the freedom to experiment with life as an adult. She was devastated. She was happily married to someone else within 5 years and it took me until then to get over the guilt I felt. But it was still the right decision.

4. Fell madly in love with the woman of my dreams, but it turned out that I was her pathetic rebound. I got dumped after 4 months. I think I deserved that on account of #3.

5, 6, 7. Short flings that just didn't go anywhere.

8. In a relationship now for 2 years with a long-time friend who I've recently started to realize shares no common interests with me outside of alcohol. This is probably not going to end well. Starting to think about a family though, and it's a choice between settling to be safe (potential for family but probably divorce), or risking eternal solitude because I'm getting too old for sexytimes (potential for contentment but no family).

Thanks for listening to my therapeutic release, doctor MMOC.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravex View Post
    If you count sex as a good thing in your partner (giggidy) that can sum up why alot of relationships lasted far longer then they should of.
    I guess where I'm coming from is why initiate a relationship with some you think has no redeeming qualities?

No one does this.

This implies either everyone you date changed or your perception of everyone you date changed. Both scenarios seem odd. Why did this happen?

I can't help but think there is a reason for this pattern and the person is at least a part of it

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrgannus View Post
    I guess where I'm coming from is why initiate a relationship with some you think has no redeeming qualities?

No one does this.

This implies either everyone you date changed or your perception of everyone you date changed. Both scenarios seem odd. Why did this happen?

I can't help but think there is a reason for this pattern and the person is at least a part of it
    Some people don't have great self confidence and being alone is pretty much the worst thing in the world to them.

There are quite a few people out there that can be outside your box of thinking.

On the other hand people lie, always will.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    I always have to wonder - when someone talks about how terrible all their past partners were and how they dumped them - where are they finding all these horrible people? Or are the stories not really as one-sided as they're presented?
    It's not that the other person was horrible. It's that they weren't a good fit. Most of the girls I've dumped were actually not bad people, though there have been some awful ones too. Generally when they're bad, we don't get far enough into the relationship to call it "dumping" anyway.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

to date mots of the ended b.c. they couldn't handle the military life.. post military I've had one relationship that ended when i had to move to find a decent job and she couldn't wait a month even for me to find a place for us in the new city.... well that and she was a lying cheating whore so i don't mind. Since then to busy to worry about one, more important things to do than getting laid.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    I met my husband when I was 15 and we got married when I was 17. We've been married for 10 and a half years.

I had one relationship prior to meeting my husband, which ended because I had to move to a different town.
    Wow, I can't imagine getting married that young.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've enjoyed every second of it
    I'm glad it worked out for you! I would never recommend it for my theoretical children though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, I wouldn't recommend getting married young to my childern either, but if they happened to meet someone they love and what to get married at that age (I was 7 days shy of being 18), I'd try to be supportive. Last thing I'd want is them running away and getting married because I wasn't accepting of it.
    While that's true, I'd try to convince them first that there are very very good reasons to wait beyond just the idea that it might not work out.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Simplied version just for you.

1) I am a swirl of emotions that makes it hard to get a long with
    2) Cause of 1, nobody wants to go through such a hassle

Better for you or do you just patrol the internet just to shit on other people?
    Yup, more excuses as expected. It isn't you, it is your emotions....

Just for the record, I am not shitting on you, I am giving you what might be the best advise you will ever get.

It is you, your fault and your problem. Even if it isn't there is nothing you can do about it so make it yours. Not every problem can be fixed in life but at least this way you have a chance.

First boyfriend lasted around a year, we both decided to end it because his family had to move and the distance was too much for both of us.

Second boyfriend lasted around 6 years - he was my first and only serious relationship and for most of the time things were great between us but we both had our flaws and eventually all the little things we did started to tear each other down and clash. We were still growing up and deciding what we needed out of life but the more we started to drift apart the more possessive and aggressive he got in trying to force us to work out at any and all costs. The last two years were full of emotional abuse, trust issues and ultimatums and it took me a long time to realize that it wasn't supposed to be that way.

I've been single for a year now and I don't really see that changing anytime soon, I have a hard time connecting with people to the extent I'd want a relationship with them.
    Infectionate Pawsthorne Bubblesbee
    [A] [H]
    Nasturtium Fisticuffs Blesshu Sinnocence Ellipsis Hiddenfee Teddiursa