Page 30 of 32 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Regardless of how it goes, I think 1st tier will last 8 months. As 1st tier always has by far the most relevant content.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unmerciful Conker View Post
    What?! They said soon? Well you dont hear that everyday, I dont know about you guys but that has put my mind at total rest.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeBogina View Post
    so far almost every expansion has come out around 2 years after the previous. And it usually is around 9-12 months after last raid.

So what are you saying, sooner than the usual 2 years, or sooner than the usual 9-12 months after last raid? I wouldn't mind if an expansion lasted 2 years, if there was more content. I do mind that there's a good year of no content and I don't see how cutting a raid tier would get an expansion quicker than the usual 9-12 months of no content.

so let's say WoD comes out and the only Raid patch comes out 5 months later(may). Then you really think that the next Expansion will come out sooner than 9 months, putting it in late 2015?
    It sounds like what they're planning is

November 2014
    release

6 months later
    raid patch

6 months later
    next expansion

My guess is it will look like this

November 2014
    release

3 months later
    6.1 Tanaan Jungle

3 months later
    6.2 Iron Citadel

6 months later
    next expansion

It could also be that they bring the last raid tier six months after launch and then don't manage to put out the expansion faster and leave us with a year of no new content again.

- - - Updated - - -

Ulduar was a mutual enemy of the Scourge and ours, and is apart of the land of Northrend. Throne of Thunder connected more to Mists of PARDARIA than even SoO did, and it had many quests in the lvling process that connected to it.

Kael and Vashj led raids that were Illidans forces and connected greatly with their zones. If you haven't played TFT, you'd still know, cause there's these things called "quests"

Firelands is part of the Old God forces, just like Deathwing, who also had no black dragons in his own raid. Cata=Old God Forces

I would have accepted Karazhan, which was first tier, but had no connection at all to illidan or even outland. Hyjal summit, which had no connection to Illidan or Outland. But that's it... unless you want to include Sartharian.

- - - Updated - - -

They cut the original mid tier content, the last raid tier content(that we have no clue where or what it would have been) and took part of a zone promised(ohh no not that word) and made it the mid/last tier content and raised the price.

for many years Ive been listening to that same garbage and I only see the opposite.

- - - Updated - - -

We're into late 2014, and we've known of WoD for almost a year now and it still isn't out. And there hasn't been any content since. So I have my doubts that we're gonna get an expansion in last quarter 2015/first quarter 2016.

I see it coming out before 2 years after WoD launches, but longer than 12 months after Grom's raid. Which is not quicker.
    There was no indication of the Scourge and us ever joining forces against Yogg-Saron. If the Scourge was the main theme of the expansion then the connection to Yoggy was loose at best.

ToT had a lot to do with Pandaria, but honestly MoP was a bit all over the place in terms of enemies with Garrosh not being the clear enemy right from the start so it's a bit hard to say here. There was no one clear main enemy over the expansion.

I know of the connection of Kael and Vashj to Illidan, but the quests barely mention them, you don't have to be so cocky. Illidan is barely mentioned anywhere in the quests.

Black dragons, twilight dragons, so what? I just said dragons and not specifically black dragons. Point is Firelands was a very different style than Deathwing and the story about the dragon aspects.

I know that every raid in some way was connected, but the mid-expansion raid is often the raid that feels different from the main theme of the expansion, even if it wasn't always exactly so. WoD will be orcs and ogres in tier one and orcs and demons in tier two. An Arakkoa raid for example would have been a different style. Especially with the speculation of Arakkoa being related to Titan technology, it would've fallen in line with ToT and Ulduar having Titan lore in it.
    Last edited by mmocedbf46d113; 2014-08-21 at 03:33 AM.

two tiers isnt enough to tell a story...how can you go from the intro, to the conclusion?

if anything we need at LEAST 3 tiers of content

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Moradim View Post
    two tiers isnt enough to tell a story...how can you go from the intro, to the conclusion?

if anything we need at LEAST 3 tiers of content
    I mean it could work. If they tell different stories and create smaller continents with less things to tell stories about. Or just tell more stories in other ways. Either finish them up in zones or leave them unresolved. Don't know if that will be good. I remember at one Blizzcon they said how many dungeons they're doing in a zone depends on what they want to spend a lot of time on telling stories about that place. Like they said about Uldum they put three dungeons there because they wanted to tell a lot of stories about it. I imagine the same thing being the case with raids. We could be looking at expansions where we get

tier one
    small intro raid for main enemy (5-10 bosses)
    small raid for sidestory (5-10 bosses)

tier two
    big raid closing the expansion in ultimate showdown with main enemy (around 12 bosses)

Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    It sounds like what they're planning is

November 2014
    release

6 months later
    raid patch

6 months later
    next expansion

My guess is it will look like this

November 2014
    release

3 months later
    6.1 Tanaan Jungle

3 months later
    6.2 Iron Citadel

6 months later
    next expansion

It could also be that they bring the last raid tier six months after launch and then don't manage to put out the expansion faster and leave us with a year of no new content again.
    That formula seems destined to fail, and we're always the ones to pay for it. And I think blizzard knows it and is gonna play the "we tried something new, it failed, we'll try better and try to get you content faster next time" like they have done for years.

- - - Updated - - -

There was no indication of the Scourge and us ever joining forces against Yogg-Saron. If the Scourge was the main theme of the expansion then the connection to Yoggy was loose at best.

ToT had a lot to do with Pandaria, but honestly MoP was a bit all over the place in terms of enemies with Garrosh not being the clear enemy right from the start so it's a bit hard to say here. There was no one clear main enemy over the expansion.

I know of the connection of Kael and Vashj to Illidan, but the quests barely mention them, you don't have to be so cocky. Illidan is barely mentioned anywhere in the quests.

Black dragons, twilight dragons, so what? I just said dragons and not specifically black dragons. Point is Firelands was a very different style than Deathwing and the story about the dragon aspects.

I know that every raid in some way was connected, but the mid-expansion raid is often the raid that feels different from the main theme of the expansion, even if it wasn't always exactly so. WoD will be orcs and ogres in tier one and orcs and demons in tier two. An Arakkoa raid for example would have been a different style. Especially with the speculation of Arakkoa being related to Titan technology, it would've fallen in line with ToT and Ulduar having Titan lore in it.
    The connection for Scourge, was that it was a mutual enemy. Content was sadly cut 2 times in Wotlk, and one of them would have fleshed it out more, while the other would have changed the story entirely.
    Crystalsong was where the Scourge and Ulduar minions had fought before. But due to game mechanics, we never got to see anything in that zone(thanks Dalaran)
    Nerubian Kingdom, was under ground, where the Scourge forces and Old God forces fought aswell. There's even an instance where it's split between the 2. And forgot who said it, but they said Yoggsaron was originally planned to be there but moved to Ulduar.

The others, you understand. But that one needed more clarification. Can only imagine if Blizzard put more resources into making this a world where everything did happen, and lore never suffered due to cuts in games. We could have seen more with Malganis and Icecrown, we would have seen more with the Scourge and Faceless ones in the old Kingdom.

I know what you mean by midtier content, is usually not the same enemy as the final tier. It usually is the second greatest threat of the expansion, whether it's the enemies ally, or a separate enemy altogether. But there's always connections(not Kara and hyjal tho). Especially in SoO where we have Spoilers boss that is from all the other raids of the expansion.

what the game needs isnt faster xpacs, it's more frequent content patches. releasing stuff 8-12 months apart is just...terrible. need more content patches more often, keep people engaged with stuff to do. doing the same raid for a year gets boring as hell.

Deleted
    That formula seems destined to fail, and we're always the ones to pay for it. And I think blizzard knows it and is gonna play the "we tried something new, it failed, we'll try better and try to get you content faster next time" like they have done for years.

- - - Updated - - -

The connection for Scourge, was that it was a mutual enemy. Content was sadly cut 2 times in Wotlk, and one of them would have fleshed it out more, while the other would have changed the story entirely.
    Crystalsong was where the Scourge and Ulduar minions had fought before. But due to game mechanics, we never got to see anything in that zone(thanks Dalaran)
    Nerubian Kingdom, was under ground, where the Scourge forces and Old God forces fought aswell. There's even an instance where it's split between the 2. And forgot who said it, but they said Yoggsaron was originally planned to be there but moved to Ulduar.

The others, you understand. But that one needed more clarification. Can only imagine if Blizzard put more resources into making this a world where everything did happen, and lore never suffered due to cuts in games. We could have seen more with Malganis and Icecrown, we would have seen more with the Scourge and Faceless ones in the old Kingdom.

I know what you mean by midtier content, is usually not the same enemy as the final tier. It usually is the second greatest threat of the expansion, whether it's the enemies ally, or a separate enemy altogether. But there's always connections(not Kara and hyjal tho). Especially in SoO where we have Spoilers boss that is from all the other raids of the expansion.
    Ok, where did you get that from with Crystalsong and the Scourge in Azjol-Nerub. Thinking about it, there is an undead presence in Ahn'kahet, no idea why.

Yeah sure there's always more potential in every expansion. I would have loved to see a Vrykul raid and a Zul'drak raid, but see, that's only an argument for having more raid tiers. I honestly wouldn't mind an expansion lasting even longer, as long as content keeps coming.

Right there are connections, but it's refreshing and a very different thing in terms of art and style very often.

Ok, where did you get that from with Crystalsong and the Scourge in Azjol-Nerub. Thinking about it, there is an undead presence in Ahn'kahet, no idea why.

Yeah sure there's always more potential in every expansion. I would have loved to see a Vrykul raid and a Zul'drak raid, but see, that's only an argument for having more raid tiers. I honestly wouldn't mind an expansion lasting even longer, as long as content keeps coming.

Right there are connections, but it's refreshing and a very different thing in terms of art and style very often.

I remembered it incorrectly. The scourge had pushed into the area twice, and was defeated both times. First time by the Storm Giants, who brought crystals to Ulduar and the second time, by the very forest itself. He then built a dam to block off the zone.

The reason the scourge in Ahn'kahet makes sense, since it is Nerubian territory. They're also warring with the Twilight/old god forces there. And since Yoggsaron was originally planned to be there, they were prolly wanting to kill him.

I would have loved to see both those aswell. May never know what that tail belongs to now. There was something about the sea Vrykul too, that I believe was never finished aswell. Like there is little to know content with them, but when there is, they make it out like they're a known enemy that attack ships regularly.
    Like Abyssal maw raid that never happened. It never happened due to game lack of resources in game, but that's no excuse for it to never happen in the story. Imo that shit should have happened regardless if it was never put in game. Same with all the zones/areas we haven't visited. why must nothing happen in the lore, if we're not there?

I agree the different art is awesome. Icecrown was nothing like any of the other raids in Wotlk, even different than Naxx. Ulduar was great too. But as we know, new raid art is gonna cost us an expansion xD

Deleted
    I remembered it incorrectly. The scourge had pushed into the area twice, and was defeated both times. First time by the Storm Giants, who brought crystals to Ulduar and the second time, by the very forest itself. He then built a dam to block off the zone.

The reason the scourge in Ahn'kahet makes sense, since it is Nerubian territory. They're also warring with the Twilight/old god forces there. And since Yoggsaron was originally planned to be there, they were prolly wanting to kill him.

I would have loved to see both those aswell. May never know what that tail belongs to now. There was something about the sea Vrykul too, that I believe was never finished aswell. Like there is little to know content with them, but when there is, they make it out like they're a known enemy that attack ships regularly.
    Like Abyssal maw raid that never happened. It never happened due to game lack of resources in game, but that's no excuse for it to never happen in the story. Imo that shit should have happened regardless if it was never put in game. Same with all the zones/areas we haven't visited. why must nothing happen in the lore, if we're not there?

I agree the different art is awesome. Icecrown was nothing like any of the other raids in Wotlk, even different than Naxx. Ulduar was great too. But as we know, new raid art is gonna cost us an expansion xD
    There was something about the Naga in Tundra, they were supposed to have a larger role, I think they were supposed to melt the ice and flood everything or so. Maybe the Kvaldir were involved with that. They were the ones battling the Naga in Vashj'ir, right? Yeah so much scrapped content, so much potential wasted.

Whatever they do I hope that they at least make the second raid tier enormous and split into two raids.

I would really prefer more raid tiers, to be honest.
    Call me Cassandra

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Tanaan Jungle will be in a content patch. It contains the Grommash Hellscream raid, as well as some outdoor world content.
    Ok Now we need Farahlon raid content and it will be sweet expansion!

Quote Originally Posted by Famine View Post
    And yet, prices going up. Instead of faster content we get faster fee's. Aren't you thankful?
    aww come on, they are just a business trying to make money...............
    READ and be less Ignorant.

It was going to be part of the Azjol-Nerub zone. It was going to be living nerubians that worshipped Yogg against the Scourge. I'm pretty sure they took the idea out of storage for the Klaxxi chain.

Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post
    aww come on, they are just a business trying to make money...............
    Just like EA.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Barkloud View Post
    Remember the first 4 expansions had close to 20 full blown five man dungeons. Wonder how many WoD will have?
    I wonder if you will ever stop talking nonsense just so you can piss on blizzard somehow?

New dungeons at release:
    TBC: 15
    WotLK: 12
    Cata: 7
    MoP: 6

If these numbers meet your definition of "close to 20", you should have a serious talk with your math teacher.
    Last edited by mmoc486dcfca17; 2014-08-21 at 11:53 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorzzara View Post
    I wonder if you will ever stop talking nonsense just so you can piss on blizzard somehow?

New dungeons at release:
    WotLK: 12
    Cata: 7
    MoP: 6

If these numbers meet your definition of "close to 20", you should have a serious talk with your math teacher.
    Only shows dungeons have been reduced significantly after Wrath. Also not quite accurate for Cataclysm and MoP.

At Launch:

Wrath: 12
    Cataclysm: 9 (2 revamped, environments pretty much the same, only new mobs and bosses)
    MoP: 9 (3 revamped, environments a lot the same, scholomance looks a lot different, but new mobs and bosses)
    WoD: 8 (1 revamped, don't know how it looks )

At the end of the expansion:

TBC: 16
    Wrath: 16
    Cataclysm: 14 (2 more revamped after launch, environments pretty much the same for ZG, only new mobs and bosses; ZA basically just the same)
    MoP: 9

That puts TBC and Wrath close to 20 dungeons after launch, and Cataclysm, MoP and WoD had significantly less.
    Last edited by mmocedbf46d113; 2014-08-22 at 03:40 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Using the dungeon argument isn't really something I think we can use anymore as less content. Yes there are less dungeons but as the game has progressed there has been more max level things to do. Grinding dungeons in BC/Wrath was all you did because thats all there was to do. Now there are more options and more content at max level. It does get boring running everything over n over again and its obvious they have listened to players to open up the world a bit more.
    Thank god this game isn't just for Rym, we'd have a pretty shitty time - Me

Quote Originally Posted by Kryos View Post
    German MMO fansite "buffed.de" had two long interview with Chilton at Gamescon in Cologne.
    The second part has two very interesting informations:

http://www.buffed.de/World-of-Warcra...endary-1132902

"Johann Trasch: Also gibt's vielleicht nur zwei Raid-Tiers und eine neue Erweiterung nach einem, eineinhalb Jahren?
    Tom Chilton: Jap. In der Theorie. Die Praxis könnte anders aussehen."
    translation:
    "Johan Trasch: So maybe only two Raid-Tiers and a new Expansion after one, one and a half year?
    Tom Chilton: Yep, In theorie. In practice this could look different"

I hope they will release the video of the interview soon, right now I only found the translated version.

So we get an Oger Raid with Orc flavour and then an Orc raid with Legion flavour...

He also mentioned that we will see Kairoz again.

When asked about the other legendary beside the legendary ring he said that Gorehowl could become a legendary 2 hand weapon for players and that Teron'gor is also a possiblity.
    Wow, please quote the entire thing if you are going to draw false conclusions from it. Chilton said there MAYBE two raid tiers depending on how long it took for the next expansion... that is a far cry from a statement that there will only be two raid tiers in this expansion.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MaraStarfury View Post
    Shit is getting cut on a daily basis atm. Today is an entire raid tier.
    You cannot cut something that was never added...

Quote Originally Posted by Kae View Post
    It's clear enough that because of a delay in their pipeline they're having to cut some corners to get the expansion out sooner (though not as many corners as people like to exaggerate).

But judging the potential of all future patches on that is probably a little bit hasty. Wrath's launch was also rushed and led to them scrapping their original raid tier plans and doing a quick retune of Naxx to fill the gap instead. But a lot of people still claim Wrath was the best expac, do they not?

It's worth being wary, but not to already dismiss the entire expansion over it. If they don't improve and the other patches in Warlords are a let-down, I just won't buy the next one. But I enjoyed Mists and if not for the content drought at the end, would have been easily my favourite expansion, so I think it's worth giving them a chance to catch up and see if they can actually deliver. Just my opinion, of course.
    Sensible. I give this a +1. Though I would add that the raiding in this first tier of WoD will be far better than Naxx, so it already has a leg up.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    It has no relevancy.
    Of course if one wants to argue for arguments sake, they can make a case how Blizzard got lazy after WotLK..

TBC: 16 dungeons, 9 Raids
    WotLK: 16 Dungeons, 13 Raids
    Cata: 7 new, 7 revamped dungeons, 7 Raids
    MoP: 6 new, 3 revamped dungeons, 5 Raids.
    For arguments sake, you could argue that after WotLK they added a lot of other features which expanded the game in ways other than raiding. Raiding and Dungeons are not the only thing in the game... they happen to be the ones that mean the most to me but they are not everything!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarnaxxx View Post
    For arguments sake, you could argue that after WotLK they added a lot of other features which expanded the game in ways other than raiding. Raiding and Dungeons are not the only thing in the game... they happen to be the ones that mean the most to me but they are not everything!
    Fully convinced you hijacked my comment
    Thank god this game isn't just for Rym, we'd have a pretty shitty time - Me