Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Do you love your country/Where would you move if you had to?

I'm Australian, and as far as countries go (aside from the political side of things), I consider myself fairly lucky to be able to call this country my home, although I still get annoyed at WoW server maintainence being on tuesday nights starting 7pm, fairly whack internet and expensive flights to wherever you want to go that isn't in Asia.

If I had to move, it'd definitely be either England, Netherlands or Germany, europe appeals to me on every single level, and I can't wait to get over there.

Deleted
    I like my country, but if I could move, I would move to norway. Can't speak the language though so never could T_T

Deleted
    The UK is great, certainly much better than many places I have visited. If I had a gun held to my heads and told I had to move to another country I would probably pick Canada, they are English speaking and are similar enough to the British that it would be very easy to integrate into the community.

Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    The UK is great, certainly much better than many places I have visited. If I had a gun held to my heads and told I had to move to another country I would probably pick Canada, they are English speaking and are similar enough to the British that it would be very easy to integrate into the community.
    Oh yeah, can't forget Canada, i've met a lot of them and they are all incredibly nice, and i've heard it's the snowy version of Australia, with less racists and french people instead of aboriginals.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like the principles on which the US was founded and wish it could be corrected back on course (not this government by the corporations for the corporations bullshit.) Its still a great place to live and no nation is perfect, but I don't think the US is as great as many claim and I refuse to jump blindly on the "US is the best!" bandwagon. The problem with this country is that its too conservative, too religious, too corporatist.

If I had to pick another country, probably England or Germany for their history, though I don't know much about their current economical or political status.

I could live in Canada too.
    Putin khuliyo

Live in the US, wouldn't move to any other country on earth, if I was forced to move I'd probably pick Canada just because its right there and Canadians and Americans are virtually indistinguishable which means I could just say house and about differently, spell color colour and fit right in

The only real negative is the government, they do some pretty stupid shit from time to time but what are you gonna do?

I think no matter where you are it always looks better somewhere else.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tylenol View Post
    Live in the US, wouldn't move to any other country on earth, if I was forced to move I'd probably pick Canada just because its right there and Canadians and Americans are virtually indistinguishable which means I could just say house and about differently, spell color colour and fit right in

The only real negative is the government, they do some pretty stupid shit from time to time but what are you gonna do?
    From what I've seen though. Canada's population seems much less divided overall. They were the ones who started the huge protests that America followed. I mean they were quite massive.

i like my country. but if i had to move, where i would move to would depend on why i had to leave the US.

chances are, if i had to leave the US, there's probably no place else that would be safe at that point.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    I like the principles on which the US was founded and wish it could be corrected back on course (not this government by the corporations for the corporations bullshit.) Its still a great place to live and no nation is perfect, but I don't think the US is as great as many claim and I refuse to jump blindly on the "US is the best!" bandwagon. The problem with this country is that its too conservative, too religious, too corporatist.

If I had to pick another country, probably England or Germany for their history, though I don't know much about their current economical or political status.

I could live in Canada too.
    I agree. The US isn't the best place, but it is the most familiar. It's also very different depending on where you go.

I'd add Australia and New Zealand to the places I'd go, mainly for the climate, as I moved from New England to Southern California to get away from winter... had too much snow after 20+ years there

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account
    I'd have to speak the language, because it's hard as hell to learn a new one past your teenage years. I guess if you were fully immersed 24/7, it'd probably work out after a long while, but that doesn't sound fun. So, uh, NZ? AUS? UK? CAN? Not too many choices beyond that.

Deleted
    Yes I love living in my country. I wouldn't mind however to live in a Southern-European country (Italy, Southern-France, Spain, Greece). I know the economy, low wages, yadiyadiya, I don't care Southern Europeans are much more social, family/neighbour loving and easy going then Northern Europeans.

Also siestas, god damn, those are brilliant.

I live in northern Sweden and I consider myself lucky to be a Swede, however...I don't like our government and I REALLY dislike how far I have to travel just to get out of Sweden and see the rest of Europe...

If I could, I would move to the UK in a heartbeat. I love the history, culture, people...I'm a MAJOR Anglophile. I wouldn't want to live in a big city though, but in a nice village.

Quote Originally Posted by Annoying View Post
    I'd have to speak the language, because it's hard as hell to learn a new one past your teenage years. I guess if you were fully immersed 24/7, it'd probably work out after a long while, but that doesn't sound fun. So, uh, NZ? AUS? UK? CAN? Not too many choices beyond that.
    I think learning a new language isn't as difficult as it seems.

All you have to do is start from scratch, and the language will grow to you the more you're surrounded by it. It's not surprising to me anymore when I meet people who went overseas not speaking a word of french or german or what have you, but managed to be able to speak it within months of just living there. I like the idea of being completely foreign, not completely, but it would be an interesting lifestyle, being secure can get boring.

Deleted
    I like my country. If I had to move I would probably choose Canada or Alaska. Somewhere in the woods where there are little or no people

Sweden, and yes.

I wouldn't mind experiencing living in another country however, but any such plans would have to wait until my partner is finnished with her education. It would preferbly be a country where I know the language to some extent, which mostly limits the options to German and English speaking nations(Denmark and Norway as well, but I wouldn't move there, nothing wrong with either though!). I know some rudimental phrases in spanish and french but not enough to hold a proper conversation.

Wouldn't mind experiencing your country OP. A trip to Australia is on the list of things to do. New Zealand as well. I havn't been to either yet though so a I can't say if I would want to live there permanently.
    The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...

Quote Originally Posted by Jackmoves View Post
    Sweden, and yes.

I wouldn't mind experiencing living in another country however, but any such plans would have to wait until my partner is finnished with her education. It would preferbly be a country where I know the language to some extent, which mostly limits the options to German and English speaking nations(Denmark and Norway as well, but I wouldn't move there, nothing wrong with either though!). I know some rudimental phrases in spanish and french but not enough to hold a proper conversation.

Wouldn't mind experiencing your country OP. A trip to Australia is on the list of things to do. New Zealand as well. I havn't been to either yet though so a I can't say if I would want to live there permanently.
    I have met a fair few Scandinavians here, not many permanent residents though, I think the heat get's to a lot of you! But if you're like the ones i've met, and a sense of adventure is your number 1 priority, Australia and New Zealand would be an amazing place to come visit.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ive been to quite a few different countries on various work related issues and i can say that out of all the ones i've visited, Australia is the only country other than Murica i'd consider living in. Despite the fact that every other animal or insect will try to kill you in some horrible fashion, I absolutely loved Sidney. Great beer, friendly people, sexy accents, more women than men, and a very laid back pace of life.

The only country i've never been to that i've always wanted to see is Scotland. I'd love to visit my clans ancestral holdings, and to see the clan museum detailing the 900+ years of my family's history.
    Last edited by Nihilan; 2014-08-19 at 04:04 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    every one of my key strokes is actually a brush stroke on the canvas that is the off-topic forum
    Canadian signing in. I would probably move to England or Scotland or Australia or any english country but America.

10+ Year Old Account
    I love the United States. I don't know that I would want to live outside of it tbh. It's more of just moving to a different region of the U.S. I don't like the South for instance, but the Pacific Northwest is my idea of paradise. Geographically it's so beautiful while also socially being a better fit.

I suppose I could see myself living in Canada, Vancouver especially, but Canada doesn't really feel like a different country lol. Canada and the U.S. are like siblings.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayburner View Post
    Canadian signing in. I would probably move to England or Scotland or Australia or any english country but America.
    Canada is Murica's polite little brother.

Murica is the boisterous jock of the family.

England and France are our exhausted parents.
    Last edited by Nihilan; 2014-08-20 at 01:39 PM.