Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TheThirteenthWorstGamer View Post
    In the UK atm and happy here however I'd be happy to trade our crappy weather/weather turns for a place like LA, or New York City, where its like summer the majority of the year (CA) or where there are proper seasons (NYC) I'm a city kid Never seen much of Canada but it sounds nice too
    God no! I'll take our rainy summers over stifling heat any day. It keeps the deadly creatures away, after all. When out walking in the UK, the worst you have to worry about is an adder or a tick. None of this deadly spider, rattlesnakes, alligators or bears, oh my!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Emiyo View Post
    God no! I'll take our rainy summers over stifling heat any day. It keeps the deadly creatures away, after all. When out walking in the UK, the worst you have to worry about is an adder or a tick. None of this deadly spider, rattlesnakes, alligators or bears, oh my!
    There isn't anything "really" deadly in the northeastern section of the US. We have one venomous snake this far north (Eastern Timber Rattlesnake), but in 33 years I've never seen one nor has anyone I've ever met, and we have black bears, I've only seen two in my life and both were when I was hiking all the way up in New Hampshire.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fahrenheit View Post
    There isn't anything "really" deadly in the northeastern section of the US. We have one venomous snake this far north (Eastern Timber Rattlesnake), but in 33 years I've never seen one nor has anyone I've ever met, and we have black bears, I've only seen two in my life and both were when I was hiking all the way up in New Hampshire.
    That's one deadly rattlesnake species and two sighted black bears more than England! Besides, it's always nice coming home after a walk, totally drenched, and sitting by the fire drying off. Much better than running in for a cold shower because of how hot it is.

Deleted
    Patriotism is something I have difficulty understanding sometimes.

If you love your country for an actual reason like it's policies on certain things or it's history/culture that's all well and good but some people seem to boast about their country simply because that's where they live. These people were, by chance, born on one landmass instead of all others so they decide that means they should join in with all the flag-waving. I don't get it.

I live in England. I wouldn't say I love my country nor would I say I hate it here. It's fine. I'm aware there are much worse places to live on the planet so I count myself fortunate. That doesn't mean I wouldn't immediately ditch it for a place I'd rather live like Canada or Sweden. Saying that to a lot of people here will net you a death-glare but I wonder if those people have actually thought about what their country has done to inspire such loyalty.

Perhaps I'm just a filthy traitor but that's how it seems to me.
    Last edited by mmocd0aa9c1512; 2014-08-20 at 12:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Emiyo View Post
    That's one deadly rattlesnake species and two sighted black bears more than England! Besides, it's always nice coming home after a walk, totally drenched, and sitting by the fire drying off. Much better than running in for a cold shower because of how hot it is.
    If you like biking, there's the Netherlands . Unless you like hills and such haha.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bolson13 View Post
    If you like biking, there's the Netherlands . Unless you like hills and such haha.
    Yeah the Netherlands would probably be high on my 'to move' list if I got fed up with the UK. Lovely tulip fields, a liberal way of life and no deadly creatures. Sounds good to me! Sweden and Norway take the lead, though. Snow <3.

Id either move to Sweden, or some place hot.

10+ Year Old Account
    I love my country, Germany...
    I moved to the US, for taking it as a challenge.
    I would love to move/and might to Italy instead though.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

15+ Year Old Account
    I like my country, but if I had to move it'd probably be Denmark or (if I was in a very good spot financially) some semi-big town in the colder regions of the US.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Come to southern California. Nothing here but sunny days.

The most dangerous thing we ever have to deal with is corrupt city officials, gang violence, massive amounts of illegal immigration, earthquakes, raging brush fires every summer, and loads of very common but still dangerous local wildlife. If you don't mind your house maybe collapsing around your feet or burning to the ground or being infested with poisonous insects or sharing your sidewalks with sunning rattlesnakes it is pretty nice.

We also have decent beaches! (Mind the sewer sludge being carried up the currents from Tijuana.)

Quote Originally Posted by Fahrenheit View Post
    Sounds like a match for Massachusetts.
    Yeah, you could change the question to: If your state vanished tomorrow and you had to move, which state would you move to? This would make more sense for Americans.

Assisted suicide has been legal in Oregon for years.

Alaska has allowed you to grow weed for years.

Nevada has always had legal prostitution and gambling.

Massachusetts, Oregon and Berkeley CA are somewhere left of Mao.

Mississippi is conservative.

Montana is libertarian.

etc

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nihilan View Post
    Come to southern California. Nothing here but sunny days.

The most dangerous thing we ever have to deal with is corrupt city officials, gang violence, massive amounts of illegal immigration, earthquakes, raging brush fires every summer, and loads of very common but still dangerous local wildlife. If you don't mind your house maybe collapsing around your feet or burning to the ground or being infested with poisonous insects or sharing your sidewalks with sunning rattlesnakes it is pretty nice.

We also have decent beaches! (Mind the sewer sludge being carried up the currents from Tijuana.)
    I think the Californian tourism board just found their newest recruit!

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dipstick View Post
    Yeah, you could change the question to: If your state vanished tomorrow and you had to move, which state would you move to? This would make more sense for Americans.

Assisted suicide has been legal in Oregon for years.

Alaska has allowed you to grow weed for years.

Nevada has always had legal prostitution and gambling.

Massachusetts, Oregon and Berkeley CA are somewhere left of Mao.

Mississippi is conservative.

Montana is libertarian.

etc
    Which shows if a country has State rights, you can have a choice of which one suits you the best.

I like where I live, in rural Ohio, USA. No desire to move anywhere. There are parts of the US I avoid and would not live there ever, not even to visit if I have the choice. If I was forced however to move to a different country for some stupid reason, I would choose Canada. And the northeaster parts of it, like Nova Scotia.

I'm English, moved to Sweden, does that count?

I loved a lot of things about England, the pubs, the football, the food and people from all over the world.

Sweden hasn't been as good to me as England was, but it's still a nice place to live that's for sure. If I had to move from Sweden now and couldn't go back to England then perhaps Denmark or Finland. Ideally I'd like to stay in Europe, Germany would be fine too although that'd involve learning the language from scratch.

10+ Year Old Account
    There is much I love about my country, and much I'd change, but, on the balance, I'm glad I'm here.

I'd rather work on bettering the areas that need work than looking for somewhere else to live.

Even if I felt like making a huge change, I could do that simply by moving to a new state. (I've considered New Hampshire, Texas, Oregon, and Colorado. I have it really good here, though.)
    indignantgoat.com/
    XBL: Indignant Goat | BattleTag: IndiGoat#1288 | SteamID: Indignant Goat[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by Tailswipe View Post
    If I was forced to leave South Africa I'd prefer to move to an English speaking region but I'm also comfortable with a Dutch speaking country.

First choice would be: Australia, New Zealand or London.
    Second choice would be: USA, Canada, the rest of the UK or Ireland.
    Third choice would be: Belgium or the Netherlands.
    Belgium, I'd prefer Belgium (im from the Netherlands, but meh, no nature, unless you love flat lands and the coast)

10+ Year Old Account
    In a bit more perspective on current events, I don't consider myself a patriot (do we call it that here in the uk?) and while I'm happy for the freedoms my country has, I'm also well aware of the problems it has too. I am all in support of a multicultural society, but the problem with having a country that has an open door policy like the uk has, is it slowly begins to desolve any sense of identity the country would have to begin with.
    The rate of illegal immigration coming to the uk here does, even to the most rational person, make you feel a sense of nationalism from time to time
    #boycottchina

15+ Year Old Account
    Canadian here - just got back from living in England for six months - I like London but I miss the sea it turns out: so I don't think I'm ever going to live in-land again.

Norway and Denmark are both beautiful, I speak some Norwegian too - not that you really need it - so I could definitely see living in Nor/Den/Swe.

Australia and New Zealand are both great too - I could easily see living in either of them - but they don't get ranked as high just because of the internetz.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter