Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    sounds good except for shamans, why would you want anything other than thrall? killing deathwing and garrosh.

no ally shaman has done anything in comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    sounds good except for shamans, why would you want anything other than thrall? killing deathwing and garrosh.

no ally shaman has done anything in comparison.
    Nobundo kicked Illidan's ass.

There are plenty of possibilities I suggest 4, two for each faction:

Warriors: Varian, Muradin, Varok Saurfang (why aren't there any famous Troll or Undead? Both well known Tauren got their cards...)
    Rogue: Shaw, Garona, Lillian Voss
    Hunter: Shandris, Nathanos Blightcaller, Nesingwary
    Paladin: Lady Liadrin, Maraad, Dezco
    Mage: Keal'thas Sunstrider, Khadgar,
    Shaman: Muln Earthfury, Nobundu, Stormcaller Mylra
    Warlock: Arugal, Wilfred Fizzlebang, Teron Gorefiend (Gul'dans Death Knights fit better into the spell casting role)
    Priest: Tyrande, Sen'jin, Highinquisitor Fairbanks
    Druid: Zen'Tabra, Hamuul Runetotem, Broll Bearmantle (another Nightelf... some kind of lame)

Bonus1 Death Knights: Alexandros Mograine, Thassarian, Deathbringer Saurfang, Koltira Deathweaver

isn't falstad wildhammer a shaman o_O?

Deleted
    Yes, I'd also like Alliance/Horde versions. Especially if Shandris is the hunter model, I'd play hunter a lot more. Plus, I could at least play warrior if Garrosh isn't THE warrior.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    I'll have you know that Wilfred Fizzlebang is a MASTER SUMMONER.

But no, Medivh isn't a warlock, he's a mage.
    The difference in lore between a warlock and a mage is not big. A warlock is just a mage that casts spells that summon demons, which Medivh did, or at least his corrupted self. That said, medivh does not fit the warlock class a lot.

We've gone from nerd to super nerd in the thread and I love it

Deleted
    I just realized Keal'thalas never joined the Horde, my bad. I'll need a new horde mage!

Deleted
    Actually... current heroes tend to be more neutral or just threat to everyone than Alliance / Horde fanatics. Their counterparts will be the same I guess.

Valeera (Council of Tirisfal member): "I am neither Horde nor Alliance. What has either faction ever done for me?"

Thrall wants peace. Even before Go'el stuff he wanted to make peace with Alliance.

Jaina before Tides of War was exactly like Thrall (well.. they were friends). Now she might turn into a Garrosh style threat (Varian doesn't want to help her with killing Horde? He'll die with them then) She no longer hates Horde, just Garrosh now (War Crimes)

Garrosh is a clear threat. His Iron Horde isn't the same as current Horde.

Gul'dan - just evil.

Malfurion - another peace man like Thrall. Also a hero. He prefers spending time in Emerald Dream than with his wife xD Also a teacher of Hamuul.

Rexxar - ok, he's a Champion of the Horde but he doesn't really fight Alliance. He fights burning legion, gronns and does other neutral stuff. He defended Jaina in Cycle of Hatred, he befriended Sabellian. Also: "I have watched the other races... I have seen their squabbling, their ruthlessness. Their wars do nothing but scar the land, and drive the wild things to extinction. No, they cannot be trusted. Only beasts are above deceit." So he clearly doesn't like wars.

Anduin - do I really have to explain?

Uther - well... the only one that doesn't fit the rule. He took part in the Second War, killing orcs. But well, he was defending. He's also a hero.. fighting scourge. I think they could go with a better hero here but it's just my opinion (don't really like Uther).
    Last edited by mmocf89c8b0f36; 2014-09-04 at 11:50 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarch the Subduer View Post
    Shouldn't they also be given different hero abilities? Would seem kinda dull if it were just a portrait / voice change.
    They really shouldn't, because then you'd have to balance 9 new hero abilities..

I don't think this will ever happen, classes like warrior and paladin for example have class cards that are specifically alliance and horde, even their legends.

That's a crazy amount of new cards to make just so another deck can be "themed" differently.

Would be nice to see but I don't see the profit in it for them. Well unless they make you just straight up buy it, which alot of people probably would.

Changed my mind, they will do it for money no questions asked.

Would be cool. Don't see why not do it. Not like any of the cards are really faction specific.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Anarch the Subduer View Post
    Shouldn't they also be given different hero abilities? Would seem kinda dull if it were just a portrait / voice change.
    Nah. It would be purely for cosmetic. No reason to add new abilities unless its for the monk / death knight class.

10+ Year Old Account
    i agree. i still think its dumb that varian is the cleric hero. there are plenty other priests they could have used.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    i agree. i still think its dumb that varian is the cleric hero.
    I agree.

Which makes me wonder, if Wrathion was made an alt hero, what would he be? Mage? He would be pretty cool to fight/emote with. Hero ability would suggest a neat little alt-meaning too (fireball from a whelp!)

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Futhark View Post
    I agree.

Which makes me wonder, if Wrathion was made an alt hero, what would he be? Mage? He would be pretty cool to fight/emote with. Hero ability would suggest a neat little alt-meaning too (fireball from a whelp!)
    Wrathion is already in the game, he spawns when you play Onyxia
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Quote Originally Posted by Rhys View Post
    (Because apparently, Blizzard can't make a female character without sexualising her out the wazoo)
    Yeah, this bugs the crap out of me. Why do they do that?
    MY X/Y POKEMON FRIEND CODE: 1418-7279-9541 In Game Name: Michael__

Quote Originally Posted by Symphonic View Post
    Yeah, this bugs the crap out of me. Why do they do that?
    Most guys dig boobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravex View Post
    Most guys dig boobs.
    And you don't find anything odd about the statement you just made? Perhaps it's the over-sexualization of breasts in this country that is exactly what is wrong with it. "Oh, all guys must like it, so lets make every girl in any movie, videogame, or card game, with big breasts because it's so HOT." I do like them. On my wife. And I appreciate the fact that she doesn't let others get glimpses of them because of the way she dresses.

I don't care to see them on other women, either. Not only am I not interested in seeing other women's breasts, it could create some awkwardness, don't you think, if your spouse thought you enjoyed looking at other women's breasts? I don't care to find out, and I don't enjoy seeing it.

Not all guys dig seeing them become sex objects. I am sure Jaina could look just as powerful a mage without looking like she's just gotten off of her second job at Hooters.

Anyway, I am rambling. The fact is that it bugs me, and if it doesn't bother you then that is fine, but you have to admit that just because some guys like it, doesn't mean all of us do. I like this game for the gameplay and strategy involved, not for the scandalous portraits.

On topic, I liked your ideas, but I agree with others on the rogue hero - totally Mathias Shaw!
    MY X/Y POKEMON FRIEND CODE: 1418-7279-9541 In Game Name: Michael__

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vedrenne View Post
    Female/Male and Horde/Alliance. After that, Blizz can go nuts.
    Pretty much this cause as it stands, whenever er get a DK, its gonna be Arthas for sure so if we get a monk, it'll have to be one of the NPC female pandaren monks (speculation on my part)
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

Liadrin for paladin would be pretty cool.