Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

How long does it take for an Expansion to drop in price?

I'm thinking of trying the game, but I'm one of those guys that nowadays reverted to only caring for the very-main content only and I'm not interested in returning to being hard-core. But giving 45 euros plus 13 euros seems quite ridiculous to be honest to just do it for the 2-3 weeks I may need it. So I wonder when they usually drop the price.

Will New Year's be too soon?

Deleted
    There might be a special sale here and there by new year's but the first real price drop will happen between february or may sometime, depending on the succes of the expansion. I'm probably waiting untill summer probably when some desperate stores will offer them for half the price.

Quote Originally Posted by tobindax View Post
    I'm thinking of trying the game, but I'm one of those guys that nowadays reverted to only caring for the very-main content only and I'm not interested in returning to being hard-core. But giving 45 euros plus 13 euros seems quite ridiculous to be honest to just do it for the 2-3 weeks I may need it. So I wonder when they usually drop the price.

Will New Year's be too soon?
    MoP dropped to $10 last week, so you can expect WoD to be on discount somewhere around the time during the beta of next expansion after it. Minimum would be 6-12 months after launch, not two months.

Besides, 58€ or however you want to count it is still less than the price of new console game which probably gives you whole lot less play hours than WoW.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by fixx View Post
    Besides, 58€ or however you want to count it is still less than the price of new console game which probably gives you whole lot less play hours than WoW.

Well, I don't buy those games so for me it sounds not worth it to just do it for the month. I just want to get in, go through the new areas, maybe enter an LFR for the lols, not to stay for any end-game activity. At least not without loving it (and I don't lately).

I think this game seems worth it (in money, for me) only if you go hard core or hard core-ish (in PvE or PvP) or at least you go casual full-term.

Thanks for the info.
    Last edited by mmocdc260e8e2a; 2014-08-19 at 11:27 AM.

I just want to get in, go through the new areas, maybe enter an LFR for the lols, not to stay for any end-game activity. At least not without loving it (and I don't lately).
    If you want to do LFR then you need to wait until last tier is released and few months on top of that to allow all wings to be opened.

Deleted
    If you want to do LFR then you need to wait until last tier is released and few months on top of that to allow all wings to be opened.

? Didn't they open it very early on mop? Did they change it?

? Didn't they open it very early on mop? Did they change it?
    It took 9 weeks from launch of MoP to open Terrace LFR and Blizzard said they liked the staggered launch and will do it again. They've also said there was too little break between MSV and HoF.

I'd expect a minimum of 10-12 weeks from WoD launch until last wing of 6.0 LFR raids is open.

Deleted
    It took 9 weeks from launch of MoP to open Terrace LFR and Blizzard said they liked the staggered launch and will do it again. They've also said there was too little break between MSV and HoF.

I'd expect a minimum of 10-12 weeks from WoD launch until last wing of 6.0 LFR raids is open.

Well that's a lot. Though it takes a couple of weeks for the main raiding to also open I recall. And most people are completely confused with the new expansion for 10-15 days anyway (I remember in mop with all the new dailies and content, raiders were overwhelmed for at least 10 days).

Deleted
    more than 6 months. but the bright side is that you will pay less for expansion + first patches content so imho it's a good deal for everyone that isn't excited WoW that much...

10+ Year Old Account

I think you're forgetting about the PC master race. For 15€ you can get a whole new game on Steam.

Deleted
    About raids and LFR:

http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/...ndaria-on-Sale

Raids

Raids will open roughly two and a half weeks after the expansion releases. This will give players time to level and enjoy some dungeons and other content before they move on to raiding.
    Normal and Heroic will open first, with Mythic and LFR starting to open the following week.

I seriously hope enough people put off buying WoD to make them reconsider their new pricing.. it feels pretty extortionate to me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragon2K View Post
    I seriously hope enough people put off buying WoD to make them reconsider their new pricing.. it feels pretty extortionate to me.
    Why, was it higher now? I thought it's almost the same. But it does look ridiculously high for someone that just wants to see the new expansion for a couple of weeks.

Don't buy it. There's no way you are actually interested given your stated criteria.

Or as has been stated, wait a really long time and jump in when you see it for $10 somewhere.

If you think the amount of money their charging for unlimited entertainment each month is outrageous, I imagine you don't leave the house very often.

Quote Originally Posted by Wacomman View Post
    There might be a special sale here and there by new year's but the first real price drop will happen between february or may sometime, depending on the succes of the expansion. I'm probably waiting untill summer probably when some desperate stores will offer them for half the price.
    Sounds about right.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jcf190 View Post
    If you think the amount of money their charging for unlimited entertainment each month is outrageous, I imagine you don't leave the house very often.

That's the most oxymoron thing I've read on internet text in my life, and I've lived a long internet life. Let me break it down to you: If you think people "do not leave their house" when they do not want to play a game for an "unlimited time" then you don't really get that those two things go together.

Deleted
    It's already dropping on Amazon (UK): pre-order is £38 but standard version is just £28.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/World-Warcra...rds+of+draenor

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jcf190 View Post
    Wonder where's a game that gives you unlimited entertainment for a one time fee of $15?

Deleted
    > Minecraft

> Entertainment

No.