Online Replay Analysis, Match History, Leaderboard

Hi Everyone,

Once I found that Heroes of the Storm replay files are indeed already being saved, I've been secretly fiddling with them

I know many of us, including myself, have been eagerly awaiting more visibility into our HotS 'MMR' / 'League' / whatever their match making system uses, as well as other profile goodies such as match history and win / loss rate per hero.

Well fortunately for me, these are all some of the easier bits of information to pull from a replay, and I've put together a website for users to upload replays and build their own 'HotS Profile.'

I've also put together an estimated 'MMR' for players

I'm quite pleased with the result so far. I have a lot more ideas to add to it, but I figure I should share it now before someone else beats me to it.

I hope you like it, and I dearly hope Blizzard condones this as well

Please visit and let me know what you think: w ww.hotslogs.com

15+ Year Old Account
    I tried it and everything seems to work, I guess it does not keep some of the old matches. How do you know what your mmr is?
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Mmr

Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    I tried it and everything seems to work, I guess it does not keep some of the old matches. How do you know what your mmr is?
    Hello!

Make sure you check the in-game option 'Save all Replays.' If that isn't checked, then it only seems to save the most recent ~30 replays.

Your MMR can be seen for each game on the 'Match History' screen, or the Leaderboard as well.

Thanks

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by barrett777 View Post
    Hello!

Make sure you check the in-game option 'Save all Replays.' If that isn't checked, then it only seems to save the most recent ~30 replays.

Your MMR can be seen for each game on the 'Match History' screen, or the Leaderboard as well.

Thanks
    Huh thanks for replying, I keep playing with it, thanks.

My mmr has been going down since I played murky valla and illidan >.<.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Would be better though if the system would reset the MMR after major patches. Especially considering that we are still in Alpha status

Resetting MMR after Major Patches

Quote Originally Posted by Khaldor View Post
    Would be better though if the system would reset the MMR after major patches. Especially considering that we are still in Alpha status
    Khaldor as in the Khaldor?

You're one of my favorite SC2 casters, I really enjoy your analysis. I've had a lot less time recently so I've only been able to watch some Code S games, but yes really enjoyed your Code A casts.

And yes, ideally MMR would be reset to some extent after some of the bigger balance patches, but I don't have enough data yet - the leaderboard would be pretty random if everyone started fresh. If I can get more users / more broad data, then the leaderboards could remain accurate, and I could reset MMR after major patches, or just not calculate MMR for the early patches.

Thanks,
    Ben