Page 2 of 37 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Good god, I'm sure there are other ways of handling this than tasing her, heck I had to "jump" my nephew many years ago when he was threatening his older sister with a knife in the middle of the night, his mom would have killed me twice if I had started tasing him...

I'm not even sure why the babysitter decided to call the police before the mom either.

Quote Originally Posted by Gheld View Post
    The force of her muscles could have done it, the electricity would have just been a catalyst for that. But I think we're just arguing semantics here.
    If they are lying or exaggerating there what else isn't true?
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Scully View Post
    I dont get how people defend police in even absurd situations like this, I mean this is like a parody of police brutality and overreaction brought to life.

Why do they go through so much training on how to handle and diffuse situations if they will always end up opting for the most extreme solution? Being a cop is supposed to be a risky job. You risk your life trying to protect others, not risk others lives trying to protect your own from even minute harm or risk.
    Pretty sure the most extreme solution would have been to use a real gun to shoot the girl.....

@jmac, The way they state it is that she was LIFTED and THROWN against the wall, that is more than "Fell over into a wall" I picture her rising about a foot off the ground and moving back 5+ feet....

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    If they are lying or exaggerating there what else isn't true?
    Well they are Native American, so I imagine the daughter was in the process of putting some kind of curse on the officers. So clearly they didn't want to end up in some kind of Stephen King novel.

Christ all fucking mighty.

Of course they are exaggerating. A police officer tasered their fucking daughter. You'd say whatever you could to sue their asses off in that situation too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Scully View Post
    I dont get how people defend police in even absurd situations like this, I mean this is like a parody of police brutality and overreaction brought to life.

Why do they go through so much training on how to handle and diffuse situations if they will always end up opting for the most extreme solution? Being a cop is supposed to be a risky job. You risk your life trying to protect others, not risk others lives trying to protect your own from even minute harm or risk.
    The most extreme solution would have to shoot at her with a firearm. And while it is true that cops do put their lives at risk, in this situation it's the girl who put her own life at risk not the cops. Cops have a right to protect their selves, b/c guess what if they don't? The cop gets killed or incapacitated then the who's going to stop the threat? Another cop who decides to handle the procedure correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by alucardtnuoc View Post
    Pretty sure the most extreme solution would have been to use a real gun to shoot the girl.....

@jmac, The way they state it is that she was LIFTED and THROWN against the wall, that is more than "Fell over into a wall" I picture her rising about a foot off the ground and moving back 5+ feet....
    This is journalistic freedom of expression. Stiff muscles that made her hit the wall behind her = falcon punch through the wall

Still, using a taser on an 8 years old. I wonder how the rest of the world deals with situations like these. I guess they would have just shot her dead straight away

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightspear View Post
    Seriously?!? There are people defending the police in this situation? An 8 year old, even armed with a knife, is pretty much inable to put up a fight against a grown person. And even if she were to strike at the police, they would probably only get a small cut... Don't tell me 4 policeofficers can't get the knife from her without using extreme measures.
    Yes because if someone stepped toward her and she started running away and potentialy hurting herself with the knife we'd be here talking how incompetent cops are because they can't handle an 8 year old which is pretty much what we're doing here. There's no win in this situation especialy considering that girl was supposed to have a nanny that couldn't handle her. This shouldn't even be a police issue as a 15 year old "nanny" could handle a 8 year old child so whatever this freakshow of a story is supposed to be the cops are not to blame.

Quote Originally Posted by jmac28083 View Post
    The most extreme solution would have to shoot at her with a firearm. And while it is true that cops do put their lives at risk, in this situation it's the girl who put her own life at risk not the cops. Cops have a right to protect their selves, b/c guess what if they don't? The cop gets killed or incapacitated then the who's going to stop the threat? Another cop who decides to handle the procedure correctly.
    If a 6 foot tall 200 lb man can't stop an 8 year old girl with a paring knife, with their bare hands, without getting injured, then we're all fucked. Because god forbid the wind ever picks up some granules of sand and blows it at us.

The entire website is about not trusting police and how evil all the police are. No idea why anyone would believe that story as completely true.

If cops aren't capable of getting a knife away from an 8 year old girl, they really shouldn't be cops in the first place, sure. But at the end of the day it's safer to deal with it the way they did, that way nobody was in danger and everyone walked away without any injuries.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkenaw View Post
    "the force of the electricity shot through her body, lifted her, and threw her against a wall"

what
    Was that a taser or Emperor Palpatine?
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    "the force of the electricity shot through her body, lifted her, and threw her against a wall"

what
    Yeah that is a load of shit. Tazer is not that strong and the reason they tazered her was more than likely so she didn't accidentally hurt herself with the knife. This is just more anti-cop propaganda.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nightspear View Post
    Seriously?!? There are people defending the police in this situation? An 8 year old, even armed with a knife, is pretty much inable to put up a fight against a grown person. And even if she were to strike at the police, they would probably only get a small cut... Don't tell me 4 policeofficers can't get the knife from her without using extreme measures.
    Yeah the cops did the smart thing overall the kid could have tried to run away and tripped and fell on the knife and seriously hurt herself. I assure you while a tazer hurts a lot it sure the hell can't throw you across a room.

Good thing she didn't fall on the knife after being jolted with electricity. I am by no means a courageous person, nor am I particularly skilled at any forms of martial arts, but I am very confident in my ability to disarm a 9 year old without much incident. Are cops not taught basic hand to hand combat techniques in training?

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account

what
    the explosion of the Death Star left a lot of people jobless. Rumors say Lord Sith joined the police

Quote Originally Posted by vindicatorx View Post
    Yeah that is a load of shit. Tazer is not that strong and the reason they tazered her was more than likely so she didn't accidentally hurt herself with the knife. This is just more anti-cop propaganda.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah the cops did the smart thing overall the kid could have tried to run away and tripped and fell on the knife and seriously hurt herself. I assure you while a tazer hurts a lot it sure the hell can't throw you across a room.
    It's a lose-lose for them, people are going to hate the cops REGARDLESS of what actions they took to stop the girl....

Quote Originally Posted by vindicatorx View Post
    But I imagine the police set his taser to "Not cause little girl to fall forward onto knife, or accidentally cut self while muscles are convulsing"? And the fact that that didn't happen wasn't pure fucking retarded luck?

Deleted
    Well, at least they didn't pull a gun and sprayed a couple of clips on her.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Was that a taser or Emperor Palpatine?
    Maybe the taser brand is named Palpatine? Would explain it, setting on "Unlimited Power".

Shocking news.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

Quote Originally Posted by Gheld View Post
    But I imagine the police set his taser to "Not cause little girl to fall forward onto knife, or accidentally cut self while muscles are convulsing"? And the fact that that didn't happen wasn't pure fucking retarded luck?
    Well, if you get tased you're going to drop the knife almost immediately, and then by the time you fall the knife will already be flat on the ground. So... There was really no chance of her stabbing herself with the knife after being tased, whereas if she ran away and fell she'd have still been holding on to the knife, so the chances of her getting cut would have been significantly higher.

This is why you dont play with knifes kids! Lol, god i love this world

Deleted

what
    Sounds like they watched one to many movies.