10+ Year Old Account

Barbershop: Battle-Net Balance to recustomize your toon?

Since the new models will be in the expansion, do you think it would be a good idea to just have the Barbershop in game allow you to use your Battle-Net balance to re-customize your character?

So it would take for example $10 battle.net dollars to re-customize your char any way you want with any of the new facial options. Also it would feel more immersive because you wouldn't have to go to their website to buy a re-customization, and could do it straight in the barbershop.

Do you think it would be a good idea?

Personally, since it is a complete overhaul of the character, each existing character should be put through the character creation screen again allowing you to customize the character as though you just purchased an appearance change. However, Blizz is not obligated to provide such a service, and I would expect they would rather make money on the process.

I think more ways to make money easier in game, would be a wise for Blizzard to do. Yes.

The spend real money at the Barbershop chair idea, for normal fee based services on their website, is ingenious. There should be an in game lore/story reason for the change, not just you wake up some day and look totally different.

For server transfers you could talk to some all powering NPC guy that could send you through the Twisting Nether to another realm, charging your Battle.net balance. There could even be a portal or something cool to walk through. Etc...

Deleted
    Yeah it is a smart idea in my opinion. I think SWToR had a similar sort of system where you could go and spend cartel coins or whatever to change everything even race within game, but having the ability to toggle on Bnet balance barbershop when you are there that allows you to change skin colour, face and perhaps even race.

Edit: Damn, got baited. Nice one, OP...I'll be more careful next time, heh. (There's already a thread about this in the WoD forum)
    Last edited by Doctor; 2014-08-20 at 07:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Styles View Post
    Personally, since it is a complete overhaul of the character, each existing character should be put through the character creation screen again allowing you to customize the character as though you just purchased an appearance change.
    No, stop right there. The obligation part arises when they botch the task of revamping our character models. I think this has happened already.

And it should be free.

Quote Originally Posted by Louisa Bannon View Post
    No, stop right there. The obligation part arises when they botch the task of revamping our character models. I think this has happened already.

And it should be free.
    You're welcome to your opinion, but, at the end of the day, they are a for-profit business providing a service. If we are displeased with the new look, we can retain the old one for free. Personally, I would have scrapped the new models in exchange for new Race/Class and making Karabor and Bladespire into capital cities. That is, an argument for another thread. If you dislike the new look that much, I'm sure you will take advantage of the Appearance Change service.

Quote Originally Posted by Styles View Post
    If you dislike the new look that much, I'm sure you will take advantage of the Appearance Change service.
    No, I'll just use the old models. But I doubt I'll be playing WoD anytime soon, perhaps when its on sale for 5 bucks or something.

I think Blizzard needs a good kick in the pants, I intend to make sure they get it. Sure, its one voice of millions - that are leaving and not necessarily coming back...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Louisa Bannon View Post
    No, I'll just use the old models. But I doubt I'll be playing WoD anytime soon, perhaps when its on sale for 5 bucks or something.

I think Blizzard needs a good kick in the pants, I intend to make sure they get it. Sure, its one voice of millions - that are leaving and not necessarily coming back...
    You give em a good kick in the pants!

Seriously, you will not be missed. If you think that a for profit company is supposed to just give everything away for free just... because, then you really dont understand capitalism and money.

I think WoD is shaping up to be one of the best expansions yet (of course besides TBC), and I am excited for the changes to flight, cities, models and so forth.

No. People need to stop asking for this to happen. Accept the new character model, as is. Switch to the old character models. Pay for a customization. It's not a difficult concept.