Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Help me go to Drama School!

Hello Everyone, I'm a longtime forum reader but it's very rare that I actually post! I was wondering if anyone could possibly help me out?

Here is a link to a GoFundMe page I have just set up:
    And here is the description of my cause:

"My name is Cameron O’Ware and I am a student from Northampton, England. My passion has always been performing and I have just been awarded the highest grade possible on the musical theatre course at Northampton College. The next step for young performers like me is to attend a dance or drama college.

Against all the odds I have been offered a full scholarship, in my first year of auditioning, to study on the 3 year Musical Theatre Diploma at Cambridge Performing Arts at Bodywork Company.
    Their willingness to fund my training demonstrates their belief in my potential to be a successful actor.

I am so grateful for this opportunity, however day-to-day living costs are my own responsibility. I need to cover rent, food, bills, travel and any other expenses such as equipment, books and specific clothing not supplied by the school. I fully intend to work to meet these expenses as far as possible, but a part-time job is not going to earn me enough to live on.

This is why I need your help!

I have been in continuous employment since my 13th birthday when I started a paper round. Last summer I raised £1000 to fund a course with the National Youth Theatre. This year my two current jobs have funded my drama school auditions which typically cost between £35-£50 plus travel and sometimes accommodation each time. I strive to be self-sufficient but am somewhat overwhelmed by the financial task facing me.

This is the biggest and most life-changing chance I have ever been given and I intend to fulfil the belief my school and my supporters have shown in me. If you choose to invest in my future you can be certain that I will treat your investment with care and responsibility."

I'm not neccesarily asking for donations from members of this forum, but if anyone at all could post my GoFundMe page on their Facebook or Twitter you would really be doing me a massive favour!

TL;DR - please share this link!

~links snipped~
    Last edited by Kasierith; 2014-08-20 at 08:42 PM.

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Rarely posts.

Posts when asking for direct/indirect funds.

~link snipped~
    Last edited by Kasierith; 2014-08-20 at 08:42 PM.

Isn't there like government assistance/student loan programs for this shit?
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

10+ Year Old Account
    don't know if I wanna fund drama lama education

Deleted
    Advertising threads are not allowed unless approved by mods, and yours is not a valid charity.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post
    Isn't there like government assistance/student loan programs for this shit?
    It's a private institution; there is literally 1 singular Musical Theatre drama school course in the country that is government funded as University is. So unfortunately that's only ~25 people that want to do this every year than are given government funding.

Quote Originally Posted by coware23 View Post
    It's a private institution; there is literally 1 singular Musical Theatre drama school course in the country that is government funded as University is. So unfortunately that's only ~25 people that want to do this every year than are given government funding.
    Hence a loan. Begging is quite...shabby.

I want funding too please. I'm passionate and shit.
    "Good ol Vanilla Enhancement Shamans. The walking slot machine."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bluelegend View Post
    I want funding too please. I'm passionate and shit.
    Fine, but just because your avatar is sonic.

Gonna start a kickstarter for my lunch.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can I have money too please
    Thanks

So I'm getting five figure loans to get an accredited degree so I can learn actual things and get an actual job, and you want me to fund you so you can learn how to stand on a stage and speak?

Deleted
    Hence a loan. Begging is quite...shabby.
    Loans aren't available for this type of thing.

Deleted
    Gonna start a kickstarter for my lunch.

didn't some genius do a kickstarter for a potato salad?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    So I'm getting five figure loans to get an accredited degree so I can learn actual things and get an actual job, and you want me to fund you so you can learn how to stand on a stage and speak?
    So when you go and see a film or watch TV, those people on your screen don't have an 'actual job,' they just 'stand there and speak'?

There's these things called banks.

Deleted

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty much everyone else has to pay £9k a year themselves in addition to funding their accommodation/ everything they need to live and end up with what £50k in debt? You've been given a free ride to your uni/college/school thing? surely you shouldn't be begging for more help?...

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, yes there are.
    I can go to the bank and get a loan to put a pool in my backyard, I'm sure you can get one to fund higher education.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    Pretty much everyone else has to pay £9k a year themselves in addition to funding their accommodation/ everything they need to live and end up with what £50k in debt? You've been given a free ride to your uni/college/school thing? surely you shouldn't be begging for more help?...
    What impresses me more is that they want only 1500 quid for supposedly 3 years of support?