Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

What if our real life transportation were slowed down by 210%

What if our real life transportation were slowed down by 210% like they are doing in game?

Freeway would go from 65 mph to 22.3 mph

Regular roads would go from 40 mph to 13.3 mph

Could you imagine.

Probably the dumbest comparison I've ever seen to moan about lack of flying.

I would play the song "Slow Ride" by Foghat everywhere I went.

Quote Originally Posted by Jakexe View Post
    How is it dumb? It is extremely accurate c

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Barkloud View Post
    Real world=/ World of Warcraft.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

I don't recall having a sweet jetpack to fly around anywhere I want. Then again, it's 2014 and I'm pretty sure futurologists of the 40s, 50s, 60s and 70s thought we'd have those all over the place by the 90s. Man, Blizz is holding Humanity back.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Real world=/ World of Warcraft.
    Aeluron, you seem post a lot. Are you happy your transportation in game is being reduced by 66%

not really...

if you're only looking at it form a numbers standpoint and ignoring other alternatives. The in game travel options are still 3-10 seconds for unspecified distances (the teleportations/summons) and 500%and up for flight paths. You'll just be limited to the 'slower' ground mounts when trying to farm quests/mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    I don't recall having a sweet jetpack to fly around anywhere I want. Then again, it's 2014 and I'm pretty sure futurologists of the 40s, 50s, 60s and 70s thought we'd have those all over the place by the 90s. Man, Blizz is holding Humanity back.
    I actually agree with you.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    You ask that question like it doesn't happen.
    When your car breaks down and you can't get cell reception you get out and walk to the nearest house.
    If you need to go from N.Y. to Florida and a sudden bill means you can't fly you either don't go or take a slower means of travel.
    If your bicycle tire goes flat you end up having to walk back home from the park.

We'd probably be more enlightened happier people
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Barkloud you post a lot of nonsense and this is no different. If you really, really, REALLY, had to post something like this, you would better serve to compare it correctly with their parallels of airplanes slowing down and flying mounts temporarily being removed.

It's called traffic. And it happens all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by mickybrighteyes View Post
    not really...

if you're only looking at it form a numbers standpoint and ignoring other alternatives. The in game travel options are still 3-10 seconds for unspecified distances (the teleportations/summons) and 500%and up for flight paths. You'll just be limited to the 'slower' ground mounts when trying to farm quests/mobs.

Are you sayin flight paths are now at 500%? Have not heard that on beta. I have been reading about how bad in game travel is in beta.

If you took away flight in the real world... you wind up using cars, trains, boats and the like. Which is what the vast majority of the world does. For like ... everything.

And then there are bikes of all kinds for short trips, skateboards, skates....

If you feel like you require a jet to get to the grocery store or head to work, I'm going to suspect your expectations are a little bit out of whack. As far as IRL travel goes.
    "Bananas, like people, sometimes look different when they are naked." Grace Helbig

Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    Barkloud you post a lot of nonsense and this is no different. If you really, really, REALLY, had to post something like this, you would better serve to compare it correctly with their parallels of airplanes slowing down and flying mounts temporarily being removed.
    Airplanes are not our main form of transportation. I do not really care about a lack of flying. I care my speed of moving is being reduced by 66%

Aeluron, you seem post a lot. Are you happy your transportation in game is being reduced by 66%
    I don't know about him but I am happy. One of best changes in WoD so far. Secondly, your point is invalid as you simply cannot compare the two.

I give you 2/10 for baiting me.

Quote Originally Posted by Jakexe View Post
    ^
    You could only compare it if everyone IRL had flying cars, and no preset pathways, meaning fly anywhere, complete chaos.
    Also if these flying cars where WoW-like, they would move at Mach 1, 767 miles per hour, and would never need fuel, also they would be completely indestructible.

I'm sorry but I have to ask. Are you going to quit life if real life transportation speed gets nerfed? Are you going to quit with flying being nerfed in WoW?

Airplanes are not our main form of transportation. I do not really care about a lack of flying. I care my speed of moving is being reduced by 66%
    Outside of Cata where we got flying at level 60 (so most people got it right away), when have we ever used flying mounts as our main source of transit before level cap?