Future Player Housing with Garrisons?

I wouldn't be surprised if there was a thread on this sort of speculation but I just had a thought that could be neat to have in the future. Assuming Garrisons are going to be around for awhile I think it would be cool to have a "player house" building. I know player housing has been talked about by fans for awhile but this is my two cents on the idea. It would start out basic but throughout dungeons, raids, pvp, nooks and crannies of the WoW world you could find items and cosmetic things for your house. Perhaps through quests or something you could make your house bigger. More importantly I think it would be cool to add rare drops from mobs and bosses of cool items to decorate your house with. Anyone else think this would be pretty fun to have? Warglaives of Azzinoth hung up over the fire place anyone ?

Herald of the Titans Babylonius's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't be shocked to see garrisons stay a WoD thing. I WOULD be shocked to see Garrisons evolve into a player housing like Wildstar. What you've described is pretty much exactly what they have in Wildstar, and that really is entirely cosmetic, doesn't add any real playable content.
    Creator of WalkingTheWind.com and PeakOfSerenity.com
    Former Monk Mod of MMOChampion | Admin/Moderator of Monk Discord
    Armory | Logs | Guild | Twitch

Given the amount of development time for the garrison feature, I definitely foresee them using garrisons, or something extremely similar to them, in future expansions. Whether or not that translates into full-fledged player housing is to be determined though. I suppose it comes up to community reception and demand.

Quote Originally Posted by Babylonius View Post
    I wouldn't be shocked to see garrisons stay a WoD thing. I WOULD be shocked to see Garrisons evolve into a player housing like Wildstar. What you've described is pretty much exactly what they have in Wildstar, and that really is entirely cosmetic, doesn't add any real playable content.
    Garrisons add so much game play that they would have to include them in future expansions.

A lot of people are excited for garrisons. It would be incredibly shitty to not carry this feature forward in future expansions - especially if WoD is as short as some sources are claiming.
    Slaying 8bit dragons with 6 pixel long swords since 1987.

The more videos I watch about Garrisons it really gets me excited to try them out. They definitely seem like they are on the right path on a well designed feature to have in WoW for awhile/permanently. That being said I think in future expansions they will probably increase building levels and add new ones. I also think they could incorporate letting players put their Garrisons anywhere(after the Iron Horde conflict is over) like they were thinking about doing previously.