Page 1 of 3
LastLast

I love Echoing Ooze.....

Echoing Ooze is really good early game for board presence with any class and it gets even better late game when you combo it with buffs. Overall one of the coolest cards from Nax i think. With priest you can give it insane buffs......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CCrAwmEDMC0

Deleted
    You can make WAAAAY better combos in 'friend vs friend' mode.

In real matches you'll mostly buff it only once, with Kings for example. It's still a quite good card. 2/4 for 2 mana.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rowstar View Post
    Echoing Ooze is really good early game for board presence with any class and it gets even better late game when you combo it with buffs. Overall one of the coolest cards from Nax i think. With priest you can give it insane buffs......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CCrAwmEDMC0
    meh.

Its a nice combo, but the chances are low and the cards (other than PW:S) have little synergy in a decent priest deck. Inner fire and divine spirit are ok for higher ranks but really dont cut it later on. and Priest has very little in the way of other buffs to add to ooze.

it may work ok in a druid, paladin or possibly a shammy deck....but I'm not a great fan of ooze in a priest deck.

Pretty much with the "insane" auchenai, baron, twins, circle combo.....4 11/11 thaddius.....but the chances of actually pulling it off are slim. Sure it can be done,but you want reliable combos really. (Which is what makes miracle so insane, its so reliable)

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Houyi View Post

it may work ok in a druid, paladin or possibly a shammy deck....but I'm not a great fan of ooze in a priest deck.
    No place in a shaman deck, basically all buffs are temporary and won't carry over after the turn ends
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikkaszal View Post
    No place in a shaman deck, basically all buffs are temporary and won't carry over after the turn ends
    yeah, I suppose, I was more thinking its a card that puts two minions down and so BL can be effective next turn...maybe not.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Houyi View Post
    yeah, I suppose, I was more thinking its a card that puts two minions down and so BL can be effective next turn...maybe not.
    Nah, they're too frail to be used reliably as Lust cannons. Flooding the board during turn 5/6/7 is basically telling your opponent "WARNING WARNING WARNING LUST INCOMING AOE NOW"

Deleted
    It's only rockbiter/bloodlust thats temporary. Ancestral spirit / ancestral healing / windfury works, but those would be a really poor choice for that ooze.

I never really wasted a thought on echoing ooze until i got it in the paladin class challenge. Im not sure what i should think about it. The card seems to powerful for me since it also copies the effects on it.

Like Ooze and might and you have 2 minions 4/2 on the field for 3 mana, or with motw you can make 2 3/4 taunt for 4 mana. Dont know, it seems like if you pick the right cards and RNG plays into your hands then you can do some really nasty stuff with it, i dont even wanna talk about late game.

10+ Year Old Account
    At first I thought, "That's a dumb card." Then I played against a Pally, then I got it.

No room for it in my current decks, though :/

Herald of the Titans Lotus Victoria's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    For 2 mana, it's a good minion. It gives you board presence, and it escalates well into the late game, IF YOU HAVE BUFFS.

Haven't played around with the card yet, but I can see it being used in my druid deck so I can try to buff it with Mark of the Wild. With some luck I can coin into both ooze and mark, having 2 3/4 with taunt. Doesn't sound that great actually, just slightly stronger Spirit Wolves.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    Haven't played around with the card yet, but I can see it being used in my druid deck so I can try to buff it with Mark of the Wild. With some luck I can coin into both ooze and mark, having 2 3/4 with taunt. Doesn't sound that great actually, just slightly stronger Spirit Wolves.
    You'd be surprised how strong coining out two 3/4 taunts on turn three (or Innervating them on t2!) can be. Spirit Wolves are excellent, but them having that 1 extra attack/HP would be OBSCENE.

Deleted
    It's a great card, arguably on par or better than Haunted Creep.

But remember the problem with buffs is that you run the risk of getting 2/3/4+ for one'd.

The combo in the video requires 5 cards, if it was with another minion then it would be:

Minion (1)
    Shield (2)
    Shield (3)
    Divine Spirit (4)
    Inner Fire (5)

If a Priest plays Shadow Word Death you just got 5 for 1'd or if a Warrior hits with a minion and Executes you just for 5 for 2'd (or arguably 1.5).

Now with the Ooze this is effectively halved, so a SWeath would be a 2.5 for 1'd, but that's still BAD.

The strength of the Ooze is really with single buffs or with buffs from other minions, an Ooze + BoK/BoM + Argus is a VERY strong combo.

If you don't stare yourself too blind at "I have to combo this", it gets "better" imo.

As for the super-gimmicky Inner Fire Priest decks, well, anything would(n't) work with that.

Its a great all round card.

it gives you 3 taunts if you have a minion on the board and play a DoA/Sunfury on this and the other minion... it combos well with buff cards, and gives you good early game board presence... its on par with Haunted Creeper in that respect only.. as the Creeper and this cancel eachother out if they only attack eachother.

It's really not that great card, only useful when you can combo it specifically. You don't see light wells or light spawn at higher tier because gimmicks don't work because they aren't reliable. It seems like a great card for a token druid that's about it.

Also for those of you saying its as good or better then the spider. Spiders sticky it can't be board swept, oozes can.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravex View Post
    It's really not that great card, only useful when you can combo it specifically. You don't see light wells or light spawn at higher tier because gimmicks don't work because they aren't reliable. It seems like a great card for a token druid that's about it.

Also for those of you saying its as good or better then the spider. Spiders sticky it can't be board swept, oozes can.
    Difference with Oozes is they can't be nullified by a single silence or removal like Lightspawn can because there's two of them.

Difference with Oozes is they can't be nullified by a single silence or removal like Lightspawn can because there's two of them.
    Edit: Thought you were comment vs spiders.

Nothing to see here.

They are amazing in Paladin deck. Won 2 games for me already (kinda). One was Ooze -> 2 x Kings -> two 9/10, second best thing after molten molten argus. Second was Ooze -> Kings -> Protector -> two 5/6 with Divine Shields. They give so much value I giggle. Mark of the Wild seems natural for them as well. And it's not like they are bad as plain 2 drop.
    Not sure if I would run them as Priest though. Sure, video looks sweet, but how often do you get all pieces of combo? You need at minimum three specific cards (Ooze, PW:S, Innerfire) to make anything worthwhile.

Today I've been playing my new druid deck which contains 2 Echoing Oozes, its actually doing great. I have 1 innervate in my deck incase I can use it for very early Ooze + Mark, otherwise I'll just use it for a big minion. My opponents had a hard time removing them, in both early and late game. This is in casual mode with about average players, some of them even used new Naxx-decks aswell like the mage/hunter secrets and even a zoo lock with the eggs.

Maybe I'll use them in my paladin deck aswell, which I never play. But waiting for Blessings of Kings and Ooze seems to be way to long of a wait.