Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Luccas View Post
    I don't get why did they of all existing drakes chose those nine? I could understand if they either picked only all of generic WotLK model ones (dunno about tcg one or that pink rare from DS) or all of them ever existing (that means ALL of cata ones, not just selected two).
    It's a token hardcore achievement geared towards a certain niche, that's it.

Well this is one mount I'll never get, my luck in winning drops, or getting drops is terrible. Took me 2 and a half years to get that green proto drake from the egg, I still haven't off loaded all my extra cobra hatchlings, and tickbird hatchlings I got intstead

I don't mind. Got all of them so I'll gladly welcome a new mount once this is added to game

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    Red, Blue, Black, Twilight, and Bronze are obvious for being from the 5 aspect flights. Why Blazing, Azure, Sandstone, and Onyxian are there, I don't know. I guess they wanted to add some incentive to go get those old mounts as well?
    They took out the sandstone one and replaced with the purple BC drake, an even more random and odd inclusion. IT MUST BE THE PURPLEZ ONEZ!!!11!!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    Except it doesn't have drake in it's title or we'd likely have lifebinder's handmaiden in there for good measure along with many MANY other non-drake named drake possibilities.
    But Sandstone and the proto do have it in the name, but they decided to take that off the list/not include them, therefore the names are apparently irrelevant. It just actual drakes, not variations of species, of which 12-B is one and since they're including rare drop's theres no reason to exclude that one.
    Last edited by Malania; 2014-08-22 at 01:38 PM.

Deleted
    Why isn't Feldrake or Mottled Drake on the list?

I have both of them ^^ Most people would cry a river if these two were requisites.

Meh, time to grind some dragon soul.

I was hoping to see Infinite Drake as a mount.

Quote Originally Posted by Esubane View Post
    Why isn't Feldrake or Mottled Drake on the list?

I have both of them ^^ Most people would cry a river if these two were requisites.

Meh, time to grind some dragon soul.

I was hoping to see Infinite Drake as a mount.
    Because achievements are designed to be completed solely via in-game means. People cause a riot every time a new store mount comes out. Could you imagine the shitstorm if out of game purchases were required for them?

Sure Crazy Cat Lady had the Spectral Tiger Cub but it also was completely attainable without it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yindoo View Post
    You know, thats funny.
    You point out the Tiger Cub, which can be bought for Cash or for Gold, but you dont say anything about Cinder Kitten, which only can be bought for Cash.
    Was also 20/25 cats required.

Quote Originally Posted by Ciacco75 View Post
    I'm a blazing drake away from that.
    Same for me
    Nixs

Quote Originally Posted by Yindoo View Post
    You know, thats funny.
    You point out the Tiger Cub, which can be bought for Cash or for Gold, but you dont say anything about Cinder Kitten, which only can be bought for Cash.
    Y'know what else is funny? The fact you can still do the achievement without either of them.
    Last edited by Kazuchika; 2014-08-22 at 05:31 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lethotix View Post
    Keeping the Sandstone Drake is good cuz the bulk of the cost from that is vendor mats and more gold sinks in game = better.

And as far as removing the 2 you suggested(i believe u meant one of the Mally drakes not Ony drake) or any for that matter wouldn't be fair: ie someone got 1 but not the one left on the requirement. IF they do change anything prob add something like "Collect X of Z of the Drakes Listed Below" kind of deal. But this does reward those of us who worked our butts off collecting these and I personally would like to see it stay as is or add more to the requirement like the rest of the stone drakes
    No, I definitely meant the Onyxian and Blazing Drake because they represent characters rather than a whole flight whilst the Blue and Azure Drakes both represent a separate Dragonflight albeit both governed by the Blue Dragonflight leader. The Sandstone Drake also is a fabricated flight but I wouldn't mind it or the other two I mentioned being replaced by the Stonecore and Throne of 4 Winds Drakes as they are also representative of Dragonflights shown in the game.

Thankfully I have all the drakes there but it would suck to be missing the really low droprate ones. My roommate is missing the blazing so hopefully they can get it sometime before WoD

Quote Originally Posted by Kektonic View Post
    Changing the Sandstone drake to a Netherdrake is dumb. God forbid achievements be difficult.
    I think doing a quest-chain (not everyone's done it y'know) is harder than having a profession, a friend with that profession, or a lot of money.
    New season. Fun times.

" Who would of thought a small kid from Aberdeen, Washington, who was always labelled a B+ player, who would of thought that guy could of main evented Wrestlemania? Nobody. Nobody except ...you guys."

If 40k is a lot of gold you probably shouldn't even bother getting into mount collecting to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by Kektonic View Post
    If 40k is a lot of gold you probably shouldn't even bother getting into mount collecting to begin with.
    Yeah screw all those people. Let's actively discourage collecting. If 40k is a lot of gold you know what collectors do? Either ignore the mount or slowly work their way up to the gold.

it is an arbitrary number and type of drakes. If it was to be "the drake collector" it should include proto and every other drake. Then if they want make it like crazy cat lady so you can have TCG/no longer obtainable drakes but if you don't you can still get the achievement that would be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher069 View Post
    Yeah screw all those people. Let's actively discourage collecting. If 40k is a lot of gold you know what collectors do? Either ignore the mount or slowly work their way up to the gold.
    That's not a collector, that's a random person who wants the mount. As with everything in game, you want something? Work for it. I consider myself a collector and have 200 mounts, never whining about mounts that cost fortune (And I miss many of those still, just working slowly towards it).
    Doing dailies for some days/weeks can earn tons of gold I have noticed if you aren't into AH games and economics.

Quote Originally Posted by Serissa View Post
    Since when spending 30k is "difficult"?
    Because every other drake requires interaction at some level around the game, where the drake is just a gold sink and buying in trade or an indirect route to get it made?
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazlofski View Post
    That's not a collector, that's a random person who wants the mount. As with everything in game, you want something? Work for it. I consider myself a collector and have 200 mounts, never whining about mounts that cost fortune (And I miss many of those still, just working slowly towards it).
    Doing dailies for some days/weeks can earn tons of gold I have noticed if you aren't into AH games and economics.
    But on the same token why should it be work? Hell the majority of the mounts I have there was not much work involved since I was at the mercy of RNG.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazlofski View Post
    Hey look someone who gets it.