So either Vice and New Yorker made the exact same mistake coincidentally, or the former straight up copied and pasted from the latter.

http://i.imgur.com/AJsQ3gR.jpg

Gamespot also gave Dead Rising 3 a 3/10 primarily because the reviewer found the bosses offensive.

https://archive.today/BQM8v#selection-2307.0-2307.66

Quote Originally Posted by Daralii View Post
    Gamespot also gave Dead Rising 3 a 3/10 primarily because the reviewer found the bosses offensive.

Worth noting that's the PC version, which was reviewed by a different reviewer than the Xbox One version, which received a 7/10.

On the one hand, I think it's complete bullshit that the score can change that much despite the game remaining the same, but on the other I'm always a fan of more variety in the voices of those that review games.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its a bullshit review.

Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Its a bullshit review.
    Seems so.

Who would have thought that the bad guys would be unlikable?

I guess someone didn't get their bribe.

Quote Originally Posted by Durandro View Post
    Seems so.

Who would have thought that the bad guys would be unlikable?

I guess someone didn't get their bribe.
    I like it.

Review site gives a good score? CLEARLY BRIBED!!!

Review site gives a bad sccore? CLEARLY THEY WERE NOT PAID ENOUGH!!!

Can we keep that nonsense out of here? It's really stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    I like it.

Review site gives a good score? CLEARLY BRIBED!!!

Review site gives a bad sccore? CLEARLY THEY WERE NOT PAID ENOUGH!!!

Can we keep that nonsense out of here? It's really stupid.
    If a reviewer doesn't give a good reason for such a low score, then something is most certainly wrong.

If a reviewer gives a high score and doesn't highlight a single problem with it, then something is most certainly wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Daralii View Post
    So either Vice and New Yorker made the exact same mistake coincidentally, or the former straight up copied and pasted from the latter.

http://i.imgur.com/AJsQ3gR.jpg

They didn't mention that the Dead 3 Rising PC port was horribly unoptimized and mechanically unsound for most people. They focused on the stereotypical bosses.
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

Quote Originally Posted by Durandro View Post
    If a reviewer doesn't give a good reason for such a low score, then something is most certainly wrong.

If a reviewer gives a high score and doesn't highlight a single problem with it, then something is most certainly wrong.
    While I think he reasons are pretty silly, he does cite reasons for giving it a low score. Whether you agree with him or not is irrelevant. Remember, despite what most people think/hope, reviews are highly subjective, especially in gaming.

10+ Year Old Account
    While I think he reasons are pretty silly, he does cite reasons for giving it a low score. Whether you agree with him or not is irrelevant. Remember, despite what most people think/hope, reviews are highly subjective, especially in gaming.
    Oh come, his -ves are weak plot (in a zombie game who would have thought...) crap bosses and some overly generous controls, that is objectively fucking stupid to give it a 3. Reviews are highly subjective, and some are just so god damn awful that you wonder how they got to review games for such a large company.

I don't even like dead rising, I didn't like the first 2 but his reviwe is total shite.
    Last edited by draykorinee; 2014-09-13 at 07:55 PM.

I've always been bothered by subjectivity in game reviews. Yes I know its pretty much impossible to be 100% objective but hating on a game and giving it a low score because it doesn't cater to your tastes its something reviewers should not do. Reviewers should look at the different aspects of the game and if the work or not. If they are to pass judgment based on what they personally like or not then they should be posting as an opinion article.

Oh come, his -ves are weak plot (in a zombie game who would have thought...) crap bosses and some overly generous controls, that is objectively fucking stupid to give it a 3. Reviews are highly subjective, and some are just so god damn awful that you wonder how they got to review games for such a large company.

I don't even like dead rising, I didn't like the first 2 but his reviwe is total shite.
    Especially considering some of the objectively worse games that Gamespot have given much higher scores. I think Dragon Age 2 got an 8 or 9.

It's a shitty port, but glossing over so many of the actual gameplay issues and rating it that low because you think it's offensive is just silly.

The reviewer lists their reasons at the bottom. If none of their reasons are important to you, then you can and should ignore the review. I don't see anything wrong with it.

The review is useless to me, sure, but someone who bases their purchases of zombie games exclusively off of color pallet and depth of writing would be served pretty well by it. Seems like a pretty niche audience now that I write it out like that.

Yeah, I agree reviews would be better if they were written to serve the reader rather than the author, but I guess the mantra "who is this for" wasn't droned on in their writing classes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ugh those embedded quotes within quotes are so hard to read.

10+ Year Old Account
    Reminder what we're fighting for:

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Holy crap Tumblr is difficult to read when posts get like that lol
    as someone who never browses tumblr, i never have any idea who is saying what when i see a tumblr conversation screenshot.

Sargon's video picking apart matt lee's video.

this is comedy gold.
    Last edited by mordale; 2014-09-13 at 09:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by maldias View Post
    http://thespectacularspider-girl.tum...bout-gamergate
    some of the tumblers are starting to listen.
    How do you read the quotes? is the one at the end the earliest of the latest?

Edit:

Looking at the twitter account it came from and everything, seems more like a troll looking to stir up drama than anything else. As for ZQ retweeting it, I'd imagine it's more of a "look at this asshole" than anything else.
    Well besides that it seems like there's someone else doing the same http://gamergate.giz.moe/wp-content/...nt-edition.jpg and the saddest part is that it looks like people are actually doing it... sigh.
    Last edited by Jofe; 2014-09-13 at 09:25 PM.

Deleted

Isnt it about time people should just kill off game reviews and simply watch YT Let's plays for proper game presentation?