The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    I lol'd. Thanks, it was a pretty good laugh.
    Failing to read is funny to you? No wonder. No source that shows how they overlap == no overlap? hahahahaha.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    Failing to read is funny to you? No wonder. No source that shows how they overlap == no overlap? hahahahaha.
    You don't even need a source to know a good chunk of any gaming fan base is going to overlap with Mario.

Mario sold 2 mil in 2 days, do you really think most of those people only own a Switch? That none of them play other AAA games outside of Nintendo on PC/Xbox/PS4?

Oh the internet, where you get asked for a source for common sense.

10+ Year Old Account
    You don't even need a source to know a good chunk of any gaming fan base is going to overlap with Mario.
    Smart people do need a source though.
    Mario sold 2 mil in 2 days, do you really think most of those people only own a Switch? That none of them play other AAA games outside of Nintendo on PC/Xbox/PS4?
    Everyone who wanted to play the new Mario game bought the Switch. Common sense heh? That's just 2m. That is all.

It doesn't matter if some of them also want some Wolfenstein. No one claimed there's no overlap.
    Oh the internet, where you get asked for a source for common sense.
    Only it was me who was asked for a source. I didn't. And as it seems common sense is not that common.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    Wait didn't they rerelease paid mods a few months ago?
    Yeah, creation club was opened near the end of August I think. Distaste for that move hasn't seemed to die down at all, and the way it sidestepped the "season pass" concept has rubbed people the wrong way. There are also tons of stability issues introduced by CC just existing apparently.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hrugner View Post
    Yeah, creation club was opened near the end of August I think. Distaste for that move hasn't seemed to die down at all, and the way it sidestepped the "season pass" concept has rubbed people the wrong way. There are also tons of stability issues introduced by CC just existing apparently.
    Oh i heard. Wnat really sucks is how many devs are abandoning mod support see bioware today vs days of origin for one other example

Shooters are more popular than action (especially platformer) games
    First person shooters are more popular than third person shooters and most action games (especially platformer) are third person.
    I don't want to interrupt this argument, but I wouldn't expect "shooters" and "shooters without multiplayer" to perform anywhere near one another sales wise. I can't find any stats comparing action platformers and FPS w/o multiplayer.

That's just 2m. That is all.
    That's just 2 mil in 2 days which is probably over a mil more then Wolfenstein did in those same 2 days. Game bombed hard sales wise.

But yea, just 2 mil, in 2 days for a game on a single platform. That alone shows the popularity and transcendence of Mario. You don't release on the same day as a main line Mario game as well as another big budget AA game in ACO and expect your game to sell well. That is bethesda being bethesda. Wolfenstein is no fallout or elder scrolls and can't compete on a release day with those goliaths.

But again, common sense. I can see you and bethesda have something in common

You apparently think "shooters" in general are more popular then Mario when Mario has more games that have sold over 10 mil copies(and many over 20 even) then any other series in gaming despite being exclusive to Nintendo hardware. Thanks for the laugh. Never knew a game series that has sold over 500 mil games was less popular then "shooters".
    Last edited by Tech614; 2017-11-01 at 09:07 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's just 2 mil in 2 days which is probably over a mil more then Wolfenstein did in those same 2 days. Game bombed hard sales wise.
    There can be no surprise in Iconic Nintendo game selling well on the Nintendo platform (Switch which has very few good games at the moment) for which it was exclusively released for. You cannot compare it to Wolfenstein which is cross-platform mass market. In no way Super Mario was a threat to it.
    But yea, just 2 mil, in 2 days for a game on a single platform. That alone shows the popularity and transcendence of Mario.
    Only among Nintendo fans. You need Switch to play it. In general only Nintendo fans buy Switch. If you do not understand this particularity of Switch and Super Mario...
    You don't release on the same day as a main line Mario game as well as another big budget AA game in ACO and expect your game to sell well. That is bethesda being bethesda. Wolfenstein is no fallout or elder scrolls and can't compete on a release day with those goliaths.
    Remove Super Mario from there and we are in agreement.

Not to mention. There's not a law that says that people cannot buy a game for Switch and another one for another platform.
    But again, common sense. I can see you and bethesda have something in common
    Your common sense seems to be heavily biased towards "EVERYBODY PLAYS SUPER MARIO" whcih is not even remotely close to reality.
    You apparently think "shooters" in general are more popular then Mario when Mario has more games that have sold over 10 mil copies(and many over 20 even) then any other series in gaming despite being exclusive to Nintendo hardware. Thanks for the laugh.
    Call of Duty is more popular than Mario. PC, Xbox and Ps4 are more popular than Nintendo. Just facts.

10+ Year Old Account
    There can be no surprise in Iconic Nintendo game selling well on the Nintendo platform (Switch which has very few good games at the moment) for which it was exclusively released for. You cannot compare it to Wolfenstein which is cross-platform mass market. In no way Super Mario was a threat to it.

Only among Nintendo fans. You need Switch to play it. In general only Nintendo fans buy Switch. If you do not understand this particularity of Switch and Super Mario...

Remove Super Mario from there and we are in agreement.

Not to mention. There's not a law that says that people cannot buy a game for Switch and another one for another platform.

Your common sense seems to be heavily biased towards "EVERYBODY PLAYS SUPER MARIO" whcih is not even remotely close to reality.

Call of Duty is more popular than Mario. PC, Xbox and Ps4 are more popular than Nintendo. Just facts.
    While i agree to some degree you need to remember mario is one of those anomalies. People grew up with it and it tends to transcend/violate statistics. I mean hell as much as i love zelda another console seller by nintendo(and another game series that has a history of breaking statistics)even that would not compete in any area including whole violation of odds thing mario has going on.

That said i DO feel ACO has more to do with it but do NOT discount mario. He appeals to nostalgia, to peoples desire to share something with their kids, to families to people just looking to relax/take a break from super gritty stuff to frankly so many different types of people and emotions. Their is a reason nintendo still exists. And i say this as a guy who is kinda meh about mario

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Journos now blame Wolfensteins bad sales on "gamers being racists". God forbid it might be because it came out the same day as the most hyped up Nintendo release in like ten years. Nope. Its the FUKKEN G*MERS at it again!
    Kek, yeah when a 5 hours FPS with tons of crashes from what i've read on pc doesnt do well having it released in a similar time slot to super mario odyssey and destiny2 and assassin's creed origins which has gotten tons of publicity due to its hiatus, yeah, dont expect wolfenstein 2 to come up ahead...

In my case i just ended up buying a hat in time due to its high acclaim and how much i wanted a platformer on pc, got to chat with some ol buddies of mine who played the N64 and they were kinda interested in a new platformer, heck even excited on odyssey after watching some streams, whereas wolfenstein was just a "eh, it's an fps, gonna get it on sale"

its interesting how low traction Wolfenstein II got on twitch too compared to games that got released at similar timeframes, ACrigins is really high, same as destiny 2, mario oddyssey, warframe, heck even starcraft.
    Last edited by barackopala; 2017-11-01 at 02:29 PM.
    Cod has a new campaign, new weapons, new multiplayer levels every year. Zelda has been recycling the same weapons, villains, and dungeons since the 80's. Zelda recycles enough to make cod blush. The same weapons, villains, dungeons, and princess in every single Zelda for the most part. It's almost as cheesy as bowser vs Mario round 35

Xbox and Ps4 are more popular than Nintendo. Just facts.
    Top kek. Switch is demolishing the sales pace of the Xbox One.

Not even worth replying to your "facts" you clearly have no idea what you're talking about in regards to Nintendo or Mario.

10+ Year Old Account
    Top kek. Switch is demolishing the sales pace of the Xbox One.
    Oh wow, inventing metrics to look better now? Pace has nothing on totals. it just means that everyone who wanted to buy one - bought it.
    Not even worth replying to your "facts" you clearly have no idea what you're talking about in regards to Nintendo or Mario.
    If you have nothing to reply with then sure, not worth it.

This isn't the thread to talk platform vs. platform, folks. Keep discussion on-topic please.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Smart people do need a source though.

Everyone who wanted to play the new Mario game bought the Switch. Common sense heh? That's just 2m. That is all.

It doesn't matter if some of them also want some Wolfenstein. No one claimed there's no overlap.

Only it was me who was asked for a source. I didn't. And as it seems common sense is not that common.
    You still haven't provided said source?

*snip*

Let's not encourage this kind of behavior, thanks. -Edge
    Last edited by Edge-; 2017-11-01 at 11:57 PM.

PC, Xbox and Ps4 are more popular than Nintendo. Just facts.
    yeah now...

Nintendo doesn't have to compete to continue (thanks in large part to Mario and a few other titles that managed to keep Nintendo going through the console wars).

Not sure all of the listed entities (pc is not a singular entity however) can run at a deficit and make it through a few decades right now....
    but that's not saying much when one option has a full century of existence over the others.

Get ready fuckbois, we boogeyman again.

Gotta try and get her foot back in the relevance door again.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Gotta try and get her foot back in the relevance door again.
    Of course, that's all shitlords like her can do. Since she can't ever produce something meaningful that isn't her whining about some trivial crap, she just keeps trying to remain relevant while people are starting to ignore her.

the video has been mentioned a few times. MundaneMatt, Someblackguy, wildsmile and a few others have commented on how retarded the ordeal is and how people have yet again not done the proper research before declaring things (Discord is as much responsible for the alt-right and trump's racist supporters as the telephone is). Ignorant people are just looking for a scapegoat to explain away their shortcomings rather than face the facts. These individuals are just reverting back to the first stage of grief... and really don't get past the second