Quote Originally Posted by Skavau View Post
    Anita Sarkeesian hates GG.
    And she's freaking creepy. Unlike real women.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    Yeah, that appeared after I had already replied. I disagree with doxxing, but the rest of that is free speech from the sounds of it.
    Sure, but you don't have an issue with people who try to get people fired or sanctioned by their employers for their opinions? Or call for industry blacklists on Pro-GG developers? Or harassing companies for not doing what they want? Or openly lying about GG activity (as has happened often) and creating a state of panic in people against GG.

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Is the complaint from pro GG really that their chosen art form is subjected to feminist critique? Because I mean if you want to be treated like art, welcome to being treated like art.
    When that feminist criticism takes the form of a one sided argument fueled by lies, paranoia, stolen footage, manufactured drama, and its own special brand of sexism that no one is allowed to question then the issue has nothing to do with whether games are art or not.

There's nothing wrong with feminism. What's wrong is that there are con artists hiding behind feminism as a shield and people are willingly acting as that shield due to a desire to stand for what they think is right, all the while ignoring the lies of the people they champion.

Quote Originally Posted by Vespian View Post
    And she's freaking creepy. Unlike real women.
    Is she a reptile person?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    When that feminist criticism takes the form of a one sided argument fueled by lies, paranoia, stolen footage, manufactured drama, and its own special brand of sexism that no one is allowed to question then the issue has nothing to do with whether games are art or not.

There's nothing wrong with feminism. What's wrong is that there are con artists hiding behind feminism as a shield and people are willingly acting as that shield due to a desire to stand for what they think is right, all the while ignoring the lies of the people they champion.
    I mean if we want to start talking about manufactured drama....

Is she a reptile person?
    I think the correct way of describing her is questionable. Even in my limited knowledge of her speeches, she went from saying in one she was a gamer, to not even liking games in the next.

Also someone a very long time ago posted another video that countered one of Anita's videos (The damsel in distress one) very well honestly, that's a bit of a side note though.

Quote Originally Posted by Skavau View Post
    Anita Sarkeesian hates GG.
    Can you explain? She seems to be arguing against women's portrayal in video games. Isn't that something like what gamer gate wants?

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Helden View Post
    You can't dislike a woman, because she's a woman, and therefore you must 100% like her, because she's a woman.

I love double think.
    Don't forget, if you're gay/bi, you hate women by default.

Deleted
    Show me that GamerGate is predominately about ethics and not just a hot mess of sexism with ethics as an ad hoc justification for a bunch of shittery and harassment.
    Here are a few facts for you:

The militant feminists and their fanbois and followers do just as much, if not a hell of a lot more of "shittery and harassment", towards gamers. There are a lot of gamers who don't really give two shits about the term "gamergate", but who are being attacked by these self-proclaimed "anti-GG" people, and thus those gamers more than willingly identify as pro-GG, especially since GG is really about ethics...well it would be, if it wasn't busy defending itself against those asshole feminists who claim that all gamers are murderers and rapists.

So...how do those facts sit with you?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    Can you explain? She seems to be arguing against women's portrayal in video games. Isn't that something like what gamer gate wants?
    You've got it backwards. GG wants developers to make whatever kind of videogames they like. Anita is pushing a kind of soft censorship viewpoint against specific depictions of women.

She is not directly relevant to GG though she seems to be the main influence of most contemporary video-game feminist advocates.

What Anita wants is things like the "Damsel in distress" trope to die and what not, more lead women and what not.

What some of GamerGate whats isn't that. What most will agree on is they want the freedom of whatever in the games, not for them to be restricted just to appease a quota.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, welcome to art criticism. I'm not sure how a site can be out of touch with its audience. If the audience doesn't want to read their views they won't be the audience anymore. It seems your complaint here is that there is criticism that is unpopular. Fine. That that somehow justifies this clownshow is beyond me.
    No, its about corruption in Gaming journalism, all the slander GG gets and the wiki article should be plenty proof of that.

I mean if we want to start talking about manufactured drama....
    Why don't we talk about the whole thing?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not asking for a tl;dr. I'm asking for proof that will overturn the rather large mountain of sexism the movement has produced to show that at its core it truly is about ethics in journalism and was co-opted by sexists, temporarily or otherwise, rather than the other way around, with people who actually cared about ethics making a poor decision to toss their lot in with a movement that should have just been left to die before making one that was actually about ethics.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm talking about the journalism you just said was biased.

As for your edit, that's great and all and I don't support things like doxxing people, but that's not a pro-GG argument.

And what large mountain of proof do you have then?

10+ Year Old Account
    That's the beauty of her argument. She wants women to be more divers and most of us can agree with that. That's why people who don't research her can relate to her.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx
    As for your edit, that's great and all and I don't support things like doxxing people, but that's not a pro-GG argument.
    At this point the Pro-GG argument is that people who position themselves actively against GG are morally suspect. In a sense that's always been the argument.

I think the first post in this thread was updated at least November last year, which should give you a good idea about how it all started.

But to respond to your question; I think 'feminists', if they're that at all, should be on our side, or visa versa, since gamers are as diverse as they come, colors, genders, preferences, we're everyone, everywhere, but the backlash of suggesting corruption within the ranks of several games media, who also happened to be women and feminists, causes us to be on opposite sides right now and has us depicted as rapists and mass murderers.

Is she a reptile person?
    Reptile tongue though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rederoin View Post
    And what large mountain of proof do you have then?
    His Tumblr told him so.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, that appeared after I had already replied. I disagree with doxxing, but the rest of that is free speech from the sounds of it.
    Getting people fired by slandering them is not a bad thing?
    Harassing people is not a bad thing?
    Making blacklists, which is illegal, is not a bad thing?

Quote Originally Posted by rederoin View Post
    Getting people fired by slandering them is not a bad thing?
    Harassing people is not a bad thing?
    Making blacklists, which is illegal, is not a bad thing?
    Hell, there's also the female developers that many anti-GG people tried to organize a boycott of because they happened to be pro-GG. They will (try to) sabotage women who don't agree with them, yet they somehow believe GG wants to keep women out of gaming!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    Hell, there's also the female developers that many anti-GG people tried to organize a boycott of because they happened to be pro-GG. They will (try to) sabotage women who don't agree with them, yet they somehow believe GG wants to keep women out of gaming!
    Yup, happened to the seedscape developer.