But she doesn't think that twist happened with her in reality, so from her point of view she thinks it'll be her story without a twist but is scared it will have "the" twist. ...I think?

7+ Year Old Account
    Had not thought of things from this perspective yet, well not to the extent that this person has, and I for sure couldn't put it into words like this either: http://kazerad.tumblr.com/post/109585139443/privilege
    Last edited by erthwjim; 2015-01-31 at 06:43 AM.
    If a kid asks where rain comes from, I think a cute thing to tell him is "God is crying." And if he asks why God is crying, another cute thing to tell him is "Probably because of something you did."

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently AJ's video was hit with a copyright claim by Broteampill, here's the situation clarified by a kotakuinaction user:

-Ok so here's what's up. Angry Joes video featured Broteams copy written "BroTeamPill" logo which coincidentally is on GamerGates side that features a bunch of people on GG vs Anti GG. Just so we're clear on something Broteam himself isn't anti or pro GG he is anti fucking idiots and he has had no problem calling out and making fun of people who say dumb shit on both sides, it just so happens that Anti GG is much more fucking ridiculous. It wasn't stricken because he disagreed with Angry Joes views it's that he asked Angry Joe to remove his Copy Written image from the video. Angry Joe went ahead and replied to several people while ignoring BroTeam so he filed a copy right complaint. This is perfectly fine as Top 10 videos are not covered by Fair Use.
    Welp, the guy that did the copyright claim is kind of a douche but i sort of understand why would he issue the claim.
    Cod has a new campaign, new weapons, new multiplayer levels every year. Zelda has been recycling the same weapons, villains, and dungeons since the 80's. Zelda recycles enough to make cod blush. The same weapons, villains, dungeons, and princess in every single Zelda for the most part. It's almost as cheesy as bowser vs Mario round 35

10+ Year Old Account
    Soooo it's some neutral guy telling another neutral guy to now show his logo? .....ooook move along nothing to be seen here.

Also really quick, no gg related but to the claim. Doesn't this kind of fuck over angryjoe considering (getting this next part from matpat about YouTube vids) like the first few days is when he gets all his main views? And considering both sides plus his normal fans were most likely waiting for this video, doesn't this kind of fuck him out of a lot of views and thus income?

Major dick move brotem.
    Last edited by nightguard; 2015-01-31 at 08:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by erthwjim View Post
    Had not thought of things from this perspective yet, well not to the extent that this person has, and I for sure couldn't put it into words like this either: http://kazerad.tumblr.com/post/109585139443/privilege
    This seems about right.

What if this is some group of well-connected, well-to-do people who are stepping into a hostile and critical environment for the first time and are completely ass-blasted that they are not inherently valued above others? What if these people are realizing, with horror, that this is an industry where their word is just as valuable as that of some random non-creator on an internet forum, and they’re trying to “fix” it by reinstating a hierarchy with them on top?
    Interacting with some of these people is like trying to pick up a moldy peach.

10+ Year Old Account
    The copyright claim was a dick move for sure.

Btw, what's with all the neutral guys being extremely patronizing towards both sides? "Yeah, Gamergate didn't achieve much" is one thing they say. It's their opinion, but it's just wrong.

At least for me, even if you scratch their achievements, the whole GG thing was an eye opener towards many things. It was a huge redpill.

People without any conviction are usually the first to mock people for having conviction. I think its a defense mechanisim. They lash out at people who care about things because they themselves don't care about anything strongly and feel inferior. Hense why nerds are so mocked, for example.

That's my theory at least.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Durandro View Post
    People without any conviction are usually the first to mock people for having conviction. I think its a defense mechanisim. They lash out at people who care about things because they themselves don't care about anything strongly and feel inferior. Hense why nerds are so mocked, for example.

That's my theory at least.
    They mock things because they dont feel the value in it, as I mock football fans for their devotion to a particular team, or CoD players for their dedication to a FPS, and they mock me for the things I care about and invest my soul into, but they dont feel a relationship with. People tend to think that the things they think,feel , and care about, are the absolute, the "known" fact, hence why things like that occurs. "How can you like/enjoy/endorse this, it is clearly X and Y, Why dont you see what I see".

Quote Originally Posted by erthwjim View Post
    Well, personally this is all a big "no shit" article to me, but that's NOT a bad thing. It was nice to read. It's great that people are learning about parts of the Internet and how great and horrible its societal workings can be. I think this might be what GamerGate really is now: a brand new generation of people that joined the Internet now learning about it.
    Last edited by Senka; 2015-01-31 at 12:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Karrotlord View Post
    What do you mean "granted that twist doesn't happen?"

That twist is exactly what happened with her.
    Well, from her perspective naturally, or from the perspective she wants to show. It might be the case but from her side (or point of view) it would be a "twist".

10+ Year Old Account
    Some history, I'm paranoid schizophrenic. My brain has a tendency to get reality wrong from time to time. And even I can't believe someone could be so disconnected that she actually believes the fake threats she sent to herself really came from others. I mean, I guess there are habitual liars that can get utterly lost in the universes they build. Could she be one?

Some history, I'm paranoid schizophrenic. My brain has a tendency to get reality wrong from time to time. And even I can't believe someone could be so disconnected that she actually believes the fake threats she sent to herself really came from others. I mean, I guess there are habitual liars that can get utterly lost in the universes they build. Could she be one?
    Who we talking about again?

Quote Originally Posted by Xekus View Post
    Only semi-related, but this is hilarious.

http://i.imgur.com/8dnWzi1.png

Also, while i hate enraged Enrique, he just posted this and is surprisingly neutral on GG.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UwTjHXiN4qw

EDIT: Neutral is the wrong word, what i mean is he don`t directly attack GG, like you`d expect.
    He also attacks Anti-GG so I don't see why neutral as the wrong word. He acknowledges that there are good people behind the movement and that you can't stereotype a whole movement cause it is a hashtag movement with many different people. He just feels the movement is poisoned due to the media and I believe that is true. He calls out the idiots on BOTH SIDES. People need to realize that there are good people on both sides and that you shouldn't like idiots cloud that. Just because moviebob, leigh alexander, etc say horrible things about GG doesn't make every single anti-gg horrible. Same goes for when Milo, Adam Baldwin having idiotic views on gays and transgendered people, it doesn't mean every single GG is anti gays and transgendered people (yes people accused GG for being anti-gay and anti trans due to these two supporting GG). That is his message. What I disagree with is when he says GG didn't accomplish much. Well that isn't true, it manage to change policies on a few big sites and that is the entire point. So it sucks he downplayed it. However that isn't big, it isn't "sexy", the "harassment of women in video games" is and that is the reason why there are people who feel "eh" about gaming sites changing their policies. TBH I was quite surprised on the stance he took. Boogie liked his video. 10 bucks says TB overall would think Joe's video is fine as well.

Milo and Baldwin's views on transgender people don't matter one bit to GG, simply because even though the media would like everybody to believe it is, it's not about transgendered people. Hell, it's not even about women, as much as some people would really hope it was.

To assume otherwise is simply guilt by association. And that's a big part of the problem: the media is trying to attack the people, instead of the issues. They're trying to misdirect attention away from its own troubles by pointing at someone and yelling "look at the big misogynistic transhating bully! Get 'im!".
    Nothing ever bothers Juular.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Krek01 View Post
    Who we talking about again?
    Zoe Quinn. In reference to her claims that Wizardchan threatened her when in fact she fabricated those threats herself in order to gain support for her game to get greenlit.

Zoe Quinn. In reference to her claims that Wizardchan threatened her when in fact she fabricated those threats herself in order to gain support for her game to get greenlit.
    Ah... is it like the saying "Repeat a lie enough and it becomes true"?

Deleted
    So, Adam Baldwin - who started the entire GamerGate name, so he's pertinent to the topic - apparently thinks gay marriage is akin to incest, and whatnot. But, honestly, so what? Singular dumbfuck jocks having dumbfuck thoughts doesn't really mean anything. He's still not in any way wrong in spurring on this movement to get the "incest", and other forms of corruption, out of journalism.

Also, him being a dumbfuck jock - which I clearly see him being - doesn't mean there aren't some really fucking mean and monstrous women and transgendered assholes out there, doing whatever they can to make gamers look like murderers, rapists and woman-haters.

I like Adam Baldwin as an actor. He plays the roles he plays, pretty well. I also know he's one of those shitforbrains gun-loving so-called "conservative" Republican Americans who we need a lot less of. Who cares? There's 40% of them in that 300 million country. It's not like we can KILL 120 million Americans just like that, to get rid of all of them. Can we? No.

So we have to live with those 120 million dumbfucks on this planet. They're not the only ones, to be sure. But, to take this whole shit to Adam Baldwin now and try to make him out as some kind of a target... Please. He doesn't represent intelligence or integrity. He just happened to hop on the right agenda for once. He may have started the hashtag, but taking him down isn't going to end anything.
    Last edited by mmoc3ff0cc8be0; 2015-02-01 at 04:11 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Krek01 View Post
    Ah... is it like the saying "Repeat a lie enough and it becomes true"?
    Pretty much, but this is weird. Normally this only works on others. Rarely do you get the person that actually created to lie starting to believe it. Unless they have some mental issues.

Pretty much, but this is weird. Normally this only works on others. Rarely do you get the person that actually created to lie starting to believe it. Unless they have some mental issues.
    Even if she doesn't actually believe it herself, she has to keep clutching it tightly or everything will come crashing down around her.