Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Is it worth coming back now, or should I wait for WoD release?

Hey!

So long story short, have not played more or less anything during the entire MoP expansion cause' I did not really like it, I especially found the raids boring which has been a major part that got me hooked since vanilla WoW.

With the release of WoD soon I am going to try and play some again, cause' I really love the game in general.

But to cut to the chase, is it worth coming back now before the 10y anniversary and WoD release, or should I just hold out for a few more months and get back on track then?
    Would like some arguments in which I should/should'nt come back before the release and anniversary

Thanks in advance!

Deleted
    well, the earlier you come back the more time you have to find a guild and get into the 'momentum' ready for the next expac. I'd say it's a matter of money more than anything, if you don't mind spending the money I'd say go for it.

You should come back and finish MoP, but skip WoD.

Deleted
    Don't! nothing you do will count for anything in WOD.....plus the game is still that bad, maybe it will get better with WOD, or maybe it will keep getting a little worse.....no one knows till it goes live

IMO it is worth it if you want to get mount from Garrosh (you need to defeat him in Normal or Heroic to do that), other things will be available later just like now. If you like to enjoy porcess, not get something, you can join the game anytime you want

If you don't like MoP then not much point in coming back just now. You may as well wait.

Come back in october when 6.0 launches. You can get used to the WoD changes and still have some time to mess around in Pandaria.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixdisciple View Post
    So long story short, have not played more or less anything during the entire MoP expansion cause' I did not really like it, I especially found the raids boring which has been a major part that got me hooked since vanilla WoW.
    You made a mistake of galactic proportions because raids in MoP were better than at any other time in WoW's history but it's too late now.

You'd probably be happiest re-subbing in November to see the pre-launch event, or never.

Wait till 6.0 ;-)

If you liked Vanilla raiding more than MoP then your best bet is to never play the game again.

Quote Originally Posted by fixx View Post
    You made a mistake of galactic proportions because raids in MoP were better than at any other time in WoW's history but it's too late now.

You'd probably be happiest re-subbing in November to see the pre-launch event, or never.
    I have filled some gametime with each raid tier released, I have even downed Garrosh and such in LFR just for the lulz of it ( did like 5 bosses in normal too with some random pub), and I can say I have enjoyed every raid tier from every expansion except maybe Cata's first raids more... Hell even Ice Crown was more fun to play, at least that brought some challenge when aiming for the achievements (and by challenge I don't mean that I need a certain ilvl, but actual skill in order to complete).

Well the game is exactly as it was 11 months ago, so ask yourself why didn't you come back yet, and you have your answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Kerchunk View Post
    If you liked Vanilla raiding more than MoP then your best bet is to never play the game again.
    This.

Raids will only keep getting more complex, if one doesn't like that and prefer the old raiding then there's no hope really. And we're still in MoP, if you didn't like this expansion before, you won't start now when it's in a very long-running drought for new content.

I'm thrilled having experienced all the raiding content of MoP, since it's been amazing. Can't wait to see what WoD will bring!

- - - Updated - - -

I have filled some gametime with each raid tier released, I have even downed Garrosh and such in LFR just for the lulz of it ( did like 5 bosses in normal too with some random pub), and I can say I have enjoyed every raid tier from every expansion except maybe Cata's first raids more... Hell even Ice Crown was more fun to play, at least that brought some challenge when aiming for the achievements (and by challenge I don't mean that I need a certain ilvl, but actual skill in order to complete).
    Newsflash, meta achievements are still there and very much "challenging" as they've always been. The tier mounts of MoP save for the SoO one which can be done in Flex = pretty rare still. You could come back and try for the T15 meta if you really want something to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Kerchunk View Post
    Vanilla Raiding was not really better, at least not in terms of mechanics. I think Vanilla raiding was good cause' it was state-of-the-art at the time and massive 40-man MMO raids had never been seen before.
    But what I CAN compare MoP raiding to is WotLK and Cataclysm, in which I find both expansions did a better job than MoP have done. The lackluster from downing Garrosh was such a huge letdown... even LK had a more immersive fight, hell even the down-right terrible DeathWing encounter was more fullfilling than this end-game crap in MoP :S

I am all for evolution and progression when it comes to a MMO, you can't sit in a dug-out hole with your standards, that kills a game. But I think Blizzard have done a awful job in creating immersive and story/lore driven fights. At least when I killed Lich King I had been indoctrinated a whole level phase and a bunch of raids that he was the bad guy and needed to be put down.
    --- Killing Garrosh gave no sense of achievement what so ever, even the duo shaman/warrior boss-thingy before him was more entertaining - having do dodge all those AoE's, swap target, re-focusing all sort of things ---
    Last edited by phoenixdisciple; 2014-08-21 at 06:58 PM.

that hotfix was my bad Somarlane's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    To answer your question, OP: Maybe?

There will be a number of achievements that will become Legacy/FoS in the next expansion. There are mounts and gear (primarily Challenge Mode-related) that will also become unavailable in the next expansion. The anniversary event will have an exclusive battle pet and a mount. (The 100v100 Tarren Mill/Southshore BG seems to be shaping up to be a one-time thing as well.)

If such things are of sufficient importance to you, then subscribe and put your nose to the grindstone. If not, then wait.
    2021-09-21
    23:02 chelly: bobs and virginia

10+ Year Old Account
    if you want the free horde chopper mount, then resub at the end of september. this is likely to be very close to 6.0 release date. Mid November is the actual expansion release, blizz has stated that 4-6 weeks is about how long they think 6.0 should last, so six weeks before Nov 13th is roughly the beginning of October, or a few days after the last chance to get the horde chopper mount for free.
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

Hell even Ice Crown was more fun to play, at least that brought some challenge when aiming for the achievements (and by challenge I don't mean that I need a certain ilvl, but actual skill in order to complete).
    That's what heroic rads are for, challenge... In WLK too. Sounds like you don't actually want challenges in your raids.

...or you want to jump into the "qq pandas" bandwagon about three years too late.

10+ Year Old Account
    These threads always seem borderline trollish to me... if you've played since Vanilla, you know what the end of expansions are like. They're dead time. If you don't like the raids or MoP in general then the only reasons to come back would be to level alts, putter around on achievements or do housekeeping stuff - clean out the bank, make some gold etc. Oh and PVP if you want.

So, should you come back? How the hell should we know? It's far too early to really prep much for WoD and MoP is over. Are there things you want to do? Then come back. If not, don't. I'm not trying to be rude, but this is like "what class should I play?" etc. It's up to you depending on what you want.

"Vanilla Raiding was not really better, at least not in terms of mechanics. I think Vanilla raiding was good cause' it was state-of-the-art at the time and massive 40-man MMO raids had never been seen before."

This guys an idiot.... Everquest had 75+ man raiding... Blizzard stole just about every good MMO mechanic from Everquest and then added to it.

Infracted.
    Last edited by Lochton; 2014-08-21 at 09:58 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I never had a problem with any xpac really, but the reason why I never really enjoyed past WOTLK was cause all of my friends quit playing. Now, with this new timeline changing and stuff, i'm curious as to what it will bring. HOWEVER, I've decide that I will resub during the college winter break. I don't really care about mounts anymore, so the motorcycle isn't enough to bring me back. (Besides, Hoverchopper is better....maybe...probably not, but man I still feel special riding that thing...so much farming in BC.....). ANYWAY!!!!! I WILL play the new xpac, but I don't see the point in resubbing towards the end of an xpac I don't care about.