Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Archangel Tyrael View Post
    I'm going to go out on a limb here and say the Islamic population hasn't done a very good job assimilating to Great Britain.
    These people are outsiders, they are the ones who have to show their worth, not Great Britain.

If they aren't happy there, they can pack their things and go back to the dumpholes they came from.
    Oh wait, they just keep coming to Europe, I wonder why that is.
    exactly this. And when they do go back, the stupid fucks cut off the heads of innocent journalists. Because that's the way to become a 'recognised state'. Saw off their heads.

Plus the less of those barbaric animals in the army the better. I don't care if it's a sweeping generalisation, I don't trust Muslims. I don't trust religion.
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsonsion View Post
    I'm sorry but you can't call the Muslims' immigration into the UK "integration". I'm all in for multiculturalism, but people should leave their hatred and destructive behaviour behind when they move into a new country. They should be well educated on the language, history and customs of their new home before they're granted citizenship or unrestricted stay. They're mostly ignorant people that would fit much better in society if someone took the care of teaching them and estranging them from some of their most harmful heritage.
    Err...you're preaching to the converted there. I'm saying multiculturalism/integration (not the same thing, I know, just simplifying it) hasn't worked.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xisa View Post
    It's less alarmist and more a response to the fact that a British citizen just sawed off a journalist's head with a dull knife in the name of Allah, then posted it on the Internet.

Even if that number is only 5%, the fact that more Islamic people in Great Britain are willing to serve extremist murderers as opposed to your Nation's defense...doesn't speak well.
    The case you're referring to are some of the people who ran off and joined ISIS, not a separate thing. Sure there are some Muslims who go do that shit (google a case of a guy called Lee Rigby) but it's not an epidemic by any stretch. I agree with you on the part that it doesn't speak well but then the problem is more that Muslims aren't signing up for the army - why? Why aren't they is the question They are under-represented, what is the cause for the under-representation - if like other demographics they were closer to the expected number then there's no issue.

This whole issue is caused by said lack of signing up, if they were only marginally better in that department then this alarmist piece of journalism wouldn't exist. That's what we need to be considering. Having just double checked I can see the muslim population of the UK is 2.7 million and not 2.1 million like I'd thought, so they're even more grossly understaffed from that section of society. Unless a disproportionate amount of Muslims joining ISIS are British in comparison to other countries, then the problem is absolutely not how many foreigners are joining ISIS but rather why are so few up for joining the UK armed forces. That's where the discrepancy for this article comes into it, otherwise it'd say "omg look at all the British in ISIS". People are looking at it from the wrong angle.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

Quote Originally Posted by Endonyx View Post
    Thats what you think yes but i have 2 good colleagues of mine that are muslims and they say it is so who would i believe you or them? and believe me they take their beliefs very serious.
    there is alot of verses in the quran that tell them to kill those who fight them and to not take any prisoners,
    " In a Society like this table, a state of equilibrium, once one makes the first move, everyone must follow! In every era, this World has been operating by this napkin principle. And the one who ‘takes the napkin first’ must be someone who is respected by all. It’s not that anyone can fulfill this role… Those that are despotic or unworthy will be scorned. And those are the ‘losers"

Deleted
    Here's a Link to the Article in question

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say Great Britain probably hasn't done a very good job assimilating its Islamic population.
    wtf we aint the borg

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by habitsbreaker View Post
    there is alot of verses in the quran that tell them to kill those who fight them and to not take any prisoners,
    But what they are doing is killing people that dont have the same beliefs as they have i saw a video of them putting older muslims (60-70 years old) in prison because they didnt want to follow IS.
    Last edited by Vestig3; 2014-08-21 at 06:42 PM.
    - Vanilla was legitimately bad; we just didn't know any better at the time - SirCowDog

Deleted
    Muslims killing other Muslims for being the wrong sort of Muslims, the whole thing is nuts.

Quote Originally Posted by Endonyx View Post
    But what they are doing is killing people that dont have the same beliefs as they have i saw a video of them putting older muslims (60-70 years old) in prison because they didnt want to follow IS.
    well maybe that is true, one of the main reasons isis left AQ is because they say they didnt allow them to kill non-fighting shia iraqis.
    " In a Society like this table, a state of equilibrium, once one makes the first move, everyone must follow! In every era, this World has been operating by this napkin principle. And the one who ‘takes the napkin first’ must be someone who is respected by all. It’s not that anyone can fulfill this role… Those that are despotic or unworthy will be scorned. And those are the ‘losers"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vedrenne View Post
    Err...you're preaching to the converted there. I'm saying multiculturalism/integration (not the same thing, I know, just simplifying it) hasn't worked.
    As an American, I've never understood Multiculturalism.

Maybe we're 100% unique as a nation, but part of me finds that a little difficult to swallow. The idea of forcing maintenance of "Separate but equal cultures" seems a bit inane to me. The greatest strength of the United States has been the fact that is is an immigrant nation, and that integration is the name of the game.

The Great American Melting Pot

What is the local reasoning behind Multiculturalism in Europe, for someone outside looking in?
    Last edited by Xisa; 2014-08-21 at 07:05 PM.
    I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes
    Or should I?

Deleted
    The UK is clearly harboring terrorists, maybe the USA should look for wmds in Britain.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vornos1 View Post
    The UK is clearly harboring terrorists, maybe the USA should look for wmds in Britain.
    We'd at least be guaranteed to find them this time.
    Or should I?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kumala View Post
    lol it seems there might become a problematic period for europe when they return
    Pretty sure they will be arrested the second they take a step on european soil. Charged with terrorism.

Deleted

Maybe we're 100% unique as a nation, but part of me finds that a little difficult to swallow. The idea of forcing maintenance of "Separate but equal cultures" seems a bit inane to me. The greatest strength of the United States has been the fact that is is an immigrant nation, and that integration is the name of the game.

What is the local reasoning behind Multiculturalism in Europe, for someone outside looking in?
    its culturally enriching, cultural diversity = divine

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    Muslims killing other Muslims for being the wrong sort of Muslims, the whole thing is nuts.
    I don't think they view it that way at all. I spoke to a few of my Muslim colleagues about this topic and they are adamant that Shia are non-Muslims.

It's not like an Anglican who feels that Catholics have some heretical beliefs but are still Christians. They consider Shia to be a completely different faith.

Cultural diversity is always a good thing. The problem occurs when people move but refuse to acknowledge the existing customs and show no interest in integrating into the larger society. They flee from poverty and violence only to create ghettos and act as outsiders. Then their refusal to police their own makes tensions even worse. It ends up being a self fulfilling prophecy.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tailswipe View Post
    I don't think they view it that way at all. I spoke to a few of my Muslim colleagues about this topic and they are adamant that Shia are non-Muslims.

It's not like an Anglican who feels that Catholics have some heretical beliefs but are still Christians. They consider Shia to be a completely different faith.
    Correct. They believe any different sect than their own are not of the same faith at all. The whole situation ends up being a modern age tribal war.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

Multiculturalism and diversity not working out all that well for Europe?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by habitsbreaker View Post
    well maybe that is true, one of the main reasons isis left AQ is because they say they didnt allow them to kill non-fighting shia iraqis.
    Bullshit AQ targets 'non-fighting Shia.'
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    Still, even if you ignore the that, the hijab is a serious safety concern.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooneye View Post
    So what? If I got to decide I'd take Stalin's path regarding religion.

Muslims assimilated into British culture just fine.

There will always be a small percentage of bad eggs. Always.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullettime View Post
    Cultural diversity is always a good thing. The problem occurs when people move but refuse to acknowledge the existing customs and show no interest in integrating into the larger society. They flee from poverty and violence only to create ghettos and act as outsiders. Then their refusal to police their own makes tensions even worse. It ends up being a self fulfilling prophecy.
    Dont' misunderstand, I DO think diversity is a good thing. The cultures of the world coming together to one place is what has made America great.

That's the catch though...while each culture brings a bit of it with it, they all merge into what is American culture. They add their flavor to it, but they still become distinctly American. There isn't an over-arching effort to perfectly preserve every culture in its entirety that comes to the U.S., nor as they viewed as sacrosanct, or that all cultures are equal.

We take the good from all that comes in and attempt to purge the bad, not preserve a culture for preservation's sake and declare it good simply by virtue of existence.
    Or should I?

But it does exist in the US as well, even if you ignore the seperate Latino and Black cultures within America. People living in New York have a different culture to those living in Alabama, for example. The only difference is they both speak English as their first language*.

(* Difference from European cultures)